Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

13 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

They’d largely be in the same boat as they are now in terms of player spend. Any takeover doesn’t magically alter revenue, sales or the players already at the club. They would perhaps fix the wreck that is Old Trafford mind. 

I think it does changes things though, whatever the Glazers currently take out in dividends and also spend on interest payments will go towards transfers. That will be a decent amount

No idea how much it is specifically, maybe @Froggy knows??

31 minutes ago, KDT said:

Robin Koch at Leeds who I think we've been linked with at times can leave Leeds on a free this summer after they've been relegated according to Bild.

Hell no 

5 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

I think it does changes things though, whatever the Glazers currently take out in dividends and also spend on interest payments will go towards transfers. That will be a decent amount

No idea how much it is specifically, maybe @Froggy knows??

They take £20-£23m out every season in dividends. They were very kind to only take £11m out when covid had devastated the accounts, but then took £33m out the following year anyway. 

Over the last 10 years I think the interest works out around £50m a season. 

They took out another loan over Covid rather than put any money in and we're still paying it as an external debt as well and it has averaged about £35m over the last couple of seasons. 

They've also paid themselves management fees around £25m from the club accounts and paid themselves director fees worth £55m (12 directors, 6 Glazers) over the last 10 years. 

They take a lot out of the club. It was looked at extensively by Swiss Ramble last season and in August last year it was estimated that they've cost the club £1.6b since they took over. 

If we were bought by someone who cleared the debts, we could do a Boehly in the summer, but I don't think the squad needs it. A striker, midfielder, centre back and a goalkeeper would do rightly. :lol:

54 minutes ago, KDT said:

Robin Koch at Leeds who I think we've been linked with at times can leave Leeds on a free this summer after they've been relegated according to Bild.

He’s Champo quality.

2 hours ago, TRon said:

The only downside to signing Maddison is it means we probably won't be signing Szoboszlai. Then I'm going to be raging when he signs for Villa or Spurs. FFP is really fucking us over.

Agree, the Maddison links are not that exciting to me because I want Szoboszlai more. 

13 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

Agree, the Maddison links are not that exciting to me because I want Szoboszlai more. 

I'd be delighted with either. Szoboszlai definitely has a higher ceiling but he's a massive risk for the proposed outlay, more so when you have a cheaper guarantee. 

Edited by The Prophet

1 hour ago, KDT said:

What about Pascal Struijk for lb from Leeds instead? He can step into DM role too and Leeds can rely on Firpo instead.   Another Dutch giant to go along with Botman.   sofascore

Guest reefatoon
9 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

Im sure I’ll be fine once/if he signs, but man, I always detested the cheating little diving scrote. [emoji38]

2 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

What about Pascal Struijk for lb from Leeds instead? He can step into DM role too and Leeds can rely on Firpo instead.   Another Dutch giant to go along with Botman.   sofascore

I wouldn’t touch a single Leeds defender with a ten foot pole. Struijk is not PL quality.

7 minutes ago, Geordie Boyo said:

Aye, a bit like when the ice cream van parks up, but your mam says there’s choc ices in the freezer 

Even worse when she says she can make a burger 🍔 just like McDonalds!! 

“I got McDonalds and you don’t have none” 

48 minutes ago, Froggy said:

They take £20-£23m out every season in dividends. They were very kind to only take £11m out when covid had devastated the accounts, but then took £33m out the following year anyway. 

Over the last 10 years I think the interest works out around £50m a season. 

They took out another loan over Covid rather than put any money in and we're still paying it as an external debt as well and it has averaged about £35m over the last couple of seasons. 

They've also paid themselves management fees around £25m from the club accounts and paid themselves director fees worth £55m (12 directors, 6 Glazers) over the last 10 years. 

They take a lot out of the club. It was looked at extensively by Swiss Ramble last season and in August last year it was estimated that they've cost the club £1.6b since they took over. 

If we were bought by someone who cleared the debts, we could do a Boehly in the summer, but I don't think the squad needs it. A striker, midfielder, centre back and a goalkeeper would do rightly. :lol:

Do you think the Qatari bid is legit? Weren’t they invited into the process by the Raine group as more or less a stalking horse to get Ratcliffe to keep upping his offer even though he’s possibly the only show in town?

I might be wrong but something just seems a bit off about their part in the process.

1 hour ago, KDT said:

They'll do well to get that for him.

2 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Actual article suggests that no one really knows what the budget is, mentioning the 75m from last week but says it's 'tricky'. Luke seems to think there has been a shift from quantity to quality. 

So basically he is just making shit up to fill article space as Ashworth runs a tight ship and doesn’t go around telling baldy pricks what our budget is. 

4 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Actual article suggests that no one really knows what the budget is, mentioning the 75m from last week but says it's 'tricky'. Luke seems to think there has been a shift from quantity to quality. 

Luke click bait Edwards guessing again!