Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

We'd been after Ashby for a few windows, they obviously see something they like there.

It's just a bit of a shame he isn't a couple of months younger, as he will need to take a squad place for this season.   

10 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

If the budget is as low as £75 million, then we really should try make the most of the free transfer market as well.

We spent £63m on Isak alone last summer. I fail to see how we've got less to spend this year considering the Sela and Champions League income we've just brought in. 

6 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Didn’t somebody post that £75m is misleading because say we buy somebody for £60m over 5 years then that’s only £12m out of the £75m kitty?

Think it’s all smoke and mirrors. Nobody knows. Journos fed scraps to allege  we’re skint. We’re in the champions league and 5th gives us that next year. We’re going for it. IF we can get our desired targets we will!  :indi:

13 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

We spent £63m on Isak alone last summer. I fail to see how we've got less to spend this year considering the Sela and Champions League income we've just brought in. 

It’s science against us 

Crazy how one (fairly reputable) source can say its all verbally agreed for Kone and then another saying that he's only on the shortlist but not a "hot target". Its absolutely ridiculous 🙄 

1 minute ago, Mazzy said:

Crazy how one (fairly reputable) source can say its all verbally agreed for Kone and then another saying that he's only on the shortlist but not a "hot target". Its absolutely ridiculous 🙄 

Guesswork! 

1 minute ago, Mazzy said:

Basically summed up the whole transfer window there 😂

22 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Champions League income could be low to begin but you still make a valid point. Doesn't make sense our budget would drop that much when revenue is actually increasing.   

Just now, rebelrouser said:

Champions League income could be low to begin but you still make a valid point. Doesn't make sense our budget would drop that much when revenue is actually increasing.   

I’m going with it hasn’t dropped! 

11 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Could be that they'd agreed terms with his reps in case the Thuram deal fell through.

2 hours ago, Gawalls said:

Didn’t somebody post that £75m is misleading because say we buy somebody for £60m over 5 years then that’s only £12m out of the £75m kitty?

I think that was wishful thinking more than anything.

While I agree with Ashworth that the level we have been spending at is unsustainable, if we can buy a LB, RCB, CM x2 and a RM at the right quality and age to develop then this might be the last window where we have to buy so many anyway.