f*** you Deuce, idiot. This is what we really should do, but won't of course:

Boyd  Gomez                       

Johnson                                  Zusi   

Bradley    Edu

Morrow                                    Beltran

Gonzalez    Cameron

Guzan

That's quite a change of opinion in just a couple days :lol:

I still believe Bocanegra should've started against Honduras and been called-up for this round. Don't really care that he's not playing regularly. He's the one guy on defense that's been through all of this countless times before. Not someone to crack against Costa Rica or at the Azteca. Cool as a cucumber.

Yeah it's not that i'm worried about from that article, more the random quotes from players saying they aren't happy with the coaching. Obviously I'm suspicious of quotes from 'unnamed sources' but a lot of the American journalists on twitter were saying the same things. Last thing we need right now is those issues on top of everything else.

I don't rate Klinsman too much, I think he's been coasting on a burst of good form in the WC of 2006 where he played in home soil. But still, his record for the US until very recently was very good, so all the turning on him seems a bit premature.

I still believe Bocanegra should've started against Honduras and been called-up for this round. Don't really care that he's not playing regularly. He's the one guy on defense that's been through all of this countless times before. Not someone to crack against Costa Rica or at the Azteca. Cool as a cucumber.

He can't make the starting XI in one of the worst sides in Liga Adelante. That's really bad.

This I found particularly troubling:

The divide is clear, deepening and international. For several U.S. born players, the increasing stature of Jermaine Jones, Danny Williams, Fabian Johnson and Chandler (and to a far lesser extent, Terrence Boyd)—all German born sons of American servicemen—is harming team chemistry.

“They stay to themselves. Jermaine is the leader, and the rest of them follow him,” one player said. “I don’t know if they don’t care."

“It’s like they’re here and they enjoy it, but they don’t care as much as you should to play for the national team,” said another player.

You do get the sense that the German-Americans are really just hired guns. With the exception of maybe Johnson, I don't think any of them had a chance of ever playing for Germany and chose the U.S. because they wanted international football. I dunno, I'd rather have less-talented players on the national team who really want to be there and give 110% every time.

Boyd does seem to be the exception though, everything I've heard suggests he loves to play for us. Which is good, because I think he's got loads of potential. I expect him to be starting for a team in the Bundesliga in a year or two.

He can't make the starting XI in one of the worst sides in Liga Adelante. That's really bad.

He's an old man with a lot of mileage. Classic American defender: hard-working, great through the air, not very technically proficient. I don't think he's cut out for nature of the Spanish game, even in the second division. Probably should've come back to MLS.

The divide is clear, deepening and international. For several U.S. born players, the increasing stature of Jermaine Jones, Danny Williams, Fabian Johnson and Chandler (and to a far lesser extent, Terrence Boyd)—all German born sons of American servicemen—is harming team chemistry.

“They stay to themselves. Jermaine is the leader, and the rest of them follow him,” one player said. “I don’t know if they don’t care."

“It’s like they’re here and they enjoy it, but they don’t care as much as you should to play for the national team,” said another player.

You do get the sense that the German-Americans are really just hired guns. With the exception of maybe Johnson, I don't think any of them had a chance of ever playing for Germany and chose the U.S. because they wanted international football. I dunno, I'd rather have less-talented players on the national team who really want to be there and give 110% every time.

Boyd does seem to be the exception though, everything I've heard suggests he loves to play for us. Which is good, because I think he's got loads of potential. I expect him to be starting for a team in the Bundesliga in a year or two.

Fuck that. What was WW2 for if not for the USMNT?

Fuck that. What was WW2 for if not for the USMNT?

Still waiting to reap the benefits from that Marine base in Okinawa. Not sure why we don't have the greatest Japanese-American baseball players.

:lol: Right? Where the fuck are my half Japanese pitchers and point guards, ffs.

On the plus side, 30 years from now we should be able to field a damn fine cricket team from all the half Afghan and Pakistani kids.

Pshh. No one cares about Cricket, man. Tell them to add some spin to that pitch and keep it out of the dirt and get back to me.

Any sport where foul balls are fair is bullshit.

Pshh. No one cares about Cricket, man. Tell them to add some spin to that pitch and keep it out of the dirt and get back to me.

Any sport where foul balls are fair is bullshit.

I'd like to see us throw money into a cricket program just to piss off the Brits. :lol: We'd call the game "shit baseball", show up with our Capo Robby's, and have outrageous team names.

I've always wondered why our team was so....not Latino? How do I say this sensitively.

Well, we do have Omar Gonzalez, Jose Torres, Herc Gomez, Joe Corona, Edgar Castillo, Juan Agudelo..

Plus the U-20 squad was comprised almost entirely of Mexican-Americans. :lol:

Our greatest hopes lie south of the border.

Not USMNT per se, but Bob Bradley's Egypt has a WCQ against Zimbabwe next Tuesday. So far 0-4 in 2013, but only friendlies and against the likes of Ghana, Cote d'Ivoire, Chile (and Qatar). Currently first in their qualifying group.

Pretty remarkable what he's been able to do, all things considered. Bradley's become one of the most widely respected men in the country, likely because he's worked hard in the community as well. Egypt will erupt (in a good way) if the national team manages to qualify for the WC. Feel good story, especially as the U.S. squad is currently in such dire straits.