NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

We have got where we are today by being ‘perfectionists’. One mistake in the transfer window can be catastrophic for us, we need pretty much all our transfers to be perfect if we want to compete thanks to PSR. 

Chiesa is a no-go purely for wages alone. He'd break our wage structure when the likes of Bruno, Isak etc have earned the right to be top earners.

12 minutes ago, Vaj said:

We have got where we are today by being ‘perfectionists’. One mistake in the transfer window can be catastrophic for us, we need pretty much all our transfers to be perfect if we want to compete thanks to PSR. 

Sounds pretty tight to be honest.

I'm hardly wet in anticipation, put it that way. 

41 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

Sometimes I feel NUFC are too perfectionist and trying to get the perfect player when all they need is an improvement across the board.

You can't raise the ceiling with every signing. For example for RCB, that Hujisen that Bournemouth signed, it was 12.8m. No brainer for a 19 year old with the same passing range profile as Schar. Schar can still be first choice and Hujisen can be back up. Milenkovic at Forest would be another in the same price range. Would have solved the position, with Botman due to come back as well as Lascelles, and Kelly and Burn who can slot in too. We would have 3 RCB and 3 LCB. Job done with little damage done after Tosin fell through.

For the RW, literally Chiesa is available for 25M. Even if thats another 10m committed in wages,  it makes sense, especially if we get rid of Almiron for that amount. I do understand he would expect to start so maybe he is not quite right. Matias Soule was also available for that amount, as a back up RW,  sure. Chiesa and Soule for 50M would sort out that RW for less than the price of Olise. 

If you want to go big, a Kubo (and all the additional income he would bring) would be available for the Olise money. 

For back up striker, Ben Bereton Diaz was a good third choice, we could even keep Wilson as No. 2. 

That would have sorted out the entire window for us, and probably even left enough money for a James Trafford. 

Being perfectionist (or as close to it as possible) is exactly how we should be operating and how we have to operate. Just bringing in players to simply improve on what we have now doesn’t work as we’re then in the same situation a year or two down the line when they then need replacing and we can’t shift them on because of the salary they’re on or the price we want to improve our PSR position.

If PSR wasn’t a thing then bringing in Huijsen (if he matches the positional profile we’re looking for) maybe happens at that price point but he might not tick enough boxes. If he did, I’m sure we would have made a move for him at that price but I’m guessing we have someone more suited and more transformational lined up. For what it’s worth I’d like to see us sign some younger players in that kind of price range to pad the squad out, especially next year when we’re likely to lose several players. At the minute, though, it simply isn’t possible because of our PSR restrictions. 

Every penny we spend has to be accounted for and needs to represent value for us in not just the short-term but also medium to long-term. Using Chiesa as an example is actually ironic as that is exactly the type of deal we should be avoiding. His wages are probably on the high side of what we want to be paying and there’s also huge doubts about his fitness and quality these days. If we sign him on a four-year deal and he flops, that’s an expense we cannot afford to carry year-on-year. 

10 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

But when we sign people like Hall we get accused of not upgrading enough, it's hard to win. 

I think the Hall business was also/mainly about people getting fed up watching BDB at LB, rather than about Hall. Had Targett been fit then Hall might have gone a bit more under the radar.

I hope having Kelly, Hall and Targett frees us from that misery this season!

1 hour ago, Unbelievable said:

Are you a student per chance?

No, however, I do see some significant gaps in the calculations provided, with emphasis on SIGNIFICANT. I will refrain from elaborating on this matter due to the apparent arrogance displayed by you and others in your arguments. I believe time will reveal the this, and I will revisit this topic in the near future. For now, I will remain silent regarding this. 

11 minutes ago, Ash said:

Being perfectionist (or as close to it as possible) is exactly how we should be operating and how we have to operate. Just bringing in players to simply improve on what we have now doesn’t work as we’re then in the same situation a year or two down the line when they then need replacing and we can’t shift them on because of the salary they’re on or the price we want to improve our PSR position.

If PSR wasn’t a thing then bringing in Huijsen (if he matches the positional profile we’re looking for) maybe happens at that price point but he might not tick enough boxes. If he did, I’m sure we would have made a move for him at that price but I’m guessing we have someone more suited and more transformational lined up. For what it’s worth I’d like to see us sign some younger players in that kind of price range to pad the squad out, especially next year when we’re likely to lose several players. At the minute, though, it simply isn’t possible because of our PSR restrictions. 

Every penny we spend has to be accounted for and needs to represent value for us in not just the short-term but also medium to long-term. Using Chiesa as an example is actually ironic as that is exactly the type of deal we should be avoiding. His wages are probably on the high side of what we want to be paying and there’s also huge doubts about his fitness and quality these days. If we sign him on a four-year deal and he flops, that’s an expense we cannot afford to carry year-on-year. 

Agree with most of that, but Huijsen is exactly the type of player we should be looking at for that position, i.e. a very promising albeit a bit raw central defender, who can already do a job and has the potential to be a starter long term. Every transfer carries a risk, but I think Huijsen at 12m will be seen as a bargain over time. He has the Spanish national team and the Dutch national team fighting over which he will represent in the future already (Spain winning).

4 minutes ago, tarie4 said:

No, however, I do see some significant gaps in the calculations provided, with emphasis on SIGNIFICANT. I will refrain from elaborating on this matter due to the apparent arrogance displayed by you and others in your arguments. I believe time will reveal the this, and I will revisit this topic in the near future. For now, I will remain silent regarding this. 

I'd be very interested in an actual, valuable reply in the FFP thread, but looks like you'd rather stick to asking other people to put the hard yards in for you, then tell them continuously how wrong they are without providing any meaningful analysis yourself :dontknow:

22 minutes ago, tarie4 said:

Haha fuck me

1 hour ago, jonny1403 said:

Why do people keep mentioning Chiesa as a no brainer when he's exactly the opposite. Injury prone, in poor form, huge wages and has never played outside of Italy. It's such a lazy suggestion based on his name and nothing else.

Is also right footed and prefers playing on the left. 

People want him because he was excellent at the Euros 3 years ago and his dad was a baller too. 

Madueke would be perfect for us. Chelsea paid £28.5 for him and want £40 but they have too many players vying for rw and need to sell.  My guess is we buy at around £35 with add ons. He can cover for striker too. 

16 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

Madueke would be perfect for us. Chelsea paid £28.5 for him and want £40 but they have too many players vying for rw and need to sell.  My guess is we buy at around £35 with add ons. He can cover for striker too. 

Totally agree.

Reading the Chelsea forum they reckon he looks lost under Maresca's tactics so that might encourage them even more to move him on.

You can imagine he's a player that will look immense under Eddie.

18 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

What has Madueke done to be worth £40m? Less productive than the lad I can’t speak about in Holland.  Average underlying stats in the PL. Averwge output.  

Is that the lad that Jacob Murphy is currently pissing all over in pre season by any chance? 

20 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

What has Madueke done to be worth £40m? Less productive than the lad I can’t speak about in Holland.  Average underlying stats in the PL. Averwge output.  

In fairness Madueke has looked more impressive playing for PSV before his Chelsea move than Minteh has done for Feyenoord last season. I reckon Madueke at 40m is decent value considering his age and experience.

3 minutes ago, Magdad said:

Is that the lad that Jacob Murphy is currently pissing all over in pre season by any chance? 

Careful, we'll end up with yet another thread taken over by that topic.

23 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

8 goals in 34 appearances last season. Considered by their fans to be one of the reasons their form improved in 2nd half of last season.

I would say he's easily worth £40m in todays inflated valuations

6 minutes ago, janpawel said:

Plot twist, we sell Murphy for £30m and keep Miggy after his electric preseason 

Might be the best time to cash in on Murphy like