The shape of the team - back to basics

ohmelads

The two bores/boars try to wreck another thread. :roll:

where is your sister these days ? I expect he will be back prediciting financial doom now we have lost a couple of games.

bluesleep.gif

Edited to read:

where is your sister these days ? I expect he will be back prediciting financial doom now we have lost a couple of games.

Anyway, I see we are level on points with Aston Villa and the great Martin O;Neill. Thats someway backwards they have gone since they won the European Cup 26 years ago and Ellis took over isn't it ?

bluesleep.gif

Edited to read:

Anyway, I see we are level on points with Aston Villa and the great Martin O;Neill. Thats someway backwards they have gone since they won the European Cup 26 years ago and Ellis took over isn't it ?

Daft edit, you just look stupid again.

Ellis took over when they were 19th in the league so he left them higher than when he took over.  Fact.

bluesleep.gif

Edited to read:

Daft edit, you just look stupid again.

Ellis took over when they were 19th in the league so he left them higher than when he took over.  Fact.

European Champions. Fact

Whats your opinion on Arsenal going backwards since they won the league ? And Manu since they won the European Cup ? You didn't answer this the last time I asked.

European Champions. Fact

Whats your opinion on Arsenal going backwards since they won the league ? And Manu since they won the European Cup ? You didn't answer this the last time I asked.

They haven't dropped 11 league places.  Fact.

They've both won trophies since 1997.  Fact.

Neither have appointed shite managers since 1997.  Fact

I’m not posting anything else in response to you on this matter in this thread.  Fact.

Guest Invicta_Toon

love the way Parker is to blame for us having no left hand side

I don't think Parker is to blame or being blamed, he's being mentioned because the changes have been made to fit him in.  I've got nothing against Parker other than his spin which I hate, he doesn't do it all of the time but he does do it far too often and slows the game right down, instead of us going on the quick break we allow opposition players more time to get back.

right so who had Duff and Zog's legs broken so we could fit Emre in on the left?

love the way Parker is to blame for us having no left hand side

I don't think Parker is to blame or being blamed, he's being mentioned because the changes have been made to fit him in.  I've got nothing against Parker other than his spin which I hate, he doesn't do it all of the time but he does do it far too often and slows the game right down, instead of us going on the quick break we allow opposition players more time to get back.

right so who had Duff and Zog's legs broken so we could fit Emre in on the left?

You're right, bastard Parker.

Two very good and different points of view.

For me the players have to take a big slice of blame for these two defeats because even with the changes they should be more than capable of at least performing which they haven't done, not to the standard they had set themselves in previous matches leading up to the festive season, anyway.

I'm not too down hearted because I expected 3 defeats from our 3 festive games... what I didn't expect was a sub-standard team performance in those matches and that's down to the players regardless of change for me.

Also, we have been extremely unlucky and while I'm loathe to use excuses, these things can't be denied and show the very thin line between success and failure.

Had Martins put that penalty away...

Had the push on Ramage been given as a foul...

All ifs and buts I know but then so is:

Had we left Parker out...

Not changed things...

Etc etc.

I think we were asking for it by changing a winning team and playing people out of position.  If it aint broke don't fix it. There is indeed a fine line between winning and losing but we were second best for most of the Bolton game and we lost by three goals today. Watching the Spurs game I thought any half-decent side would have torn our left flank apart that day, as Huntington was left defending two men on numerous occasions.

I don't blame the players for this slump. I believe Parker would play anywhere you asked him to, and I'm not sure he'd have wanted the whole team shuffled about to fit him in. But it's the managers decision and on this occasion it is he who must carry the can. He changed the formation at Bolton and benched Emre and today he repeated his mistake of putting Huntington and Emre on the left.

The players are giving their all but it doesn't help when half the team are moved into unfamiliar positions and asked to play flowing football.

Roeder's only fit left-winger wasn't even in the squad today, there are no excuses. He's happy to play Edgar at right back, Huntington at left back and Emre on the left wing but he can't find space in his squad for Albert Luque. I think there is far more to that than meets the eye and anybody who thinks he's been left out for purely footballing reasons is pretty naive IMO.

European Champions. Fact

They haven't dropped 11 league places.  Fact.

They've both won trophies since 1997.  Fact.

Neither have appointed shite managers since 1997.  Fact

I’m not posting anything else in response to you on this matter in this thread.  Fact.

they have both "gone backwards"  from previous heights. Fact. :lol: