Defenders - Who can we get?

stozo

emmanuelson is not good enough defensively!

very good going forward, but we don't want that sort of player imo...

But he is 10 times better than Babayaro

but that's not enough now is it :-)

emmanuelson is not good enough defensively!

very good going forward, but we don't want that sort of player imo...

But he is 10 times better than Babayaro

but that's not enough now is it :-)

I think that for 4-5m its worth buying him

distin would be a hell of an improvement, and wouldnt cost too much because of his contract expiring, plus he can play left back.

him and ben haim would do very nicely.

we could probably have picked up him, ben haim and neill for about £7m in total.

Yep 2 good players (Ben Haim is quality!) one can play left back or centre back, the other all the way across the defence and both out of contract at the end of the season. Would improve our defence massively and would cost a fair bit less than Bale!

distin would be a hell of an improvement, and wouldnt cost too much because of his contract expiring, plus he can play left back.

him and ben haim would do very nicely.

we could probably have picked up him, ben haim and neill for about £7m in total.

Yep 2 good players (Ben Haim is quality!) one can play left back or centre back, the other all the way across the defence and both out of contract at the end of the season. Would improve our defence massively and would cost a fair bit less than Bale!

Distin is just about above average imo, but regardless, he would be a pretty good partner for Taylor. Distin has pace for covering, is apparently a good leader/organiser, good passer of the ball for a centreback, left footed so you would assume would slot in naturally alongside a right footed centreback, and is experienced. Everything we need right now in a decent partner for Taylor.

Unfortunately, Roeder has already ruled him out. Have to hope that Roeder knows what hes doing and has someone else lined up, but from the evidence of last summer, he most likely doesnt (or will fail to pull a deal off).

Cue the 1st Feb and there at a press conference is Ugo Eghiou (sp.) and our manager.... "This is the one I wanted all along he was my top target" .... "All those statements about wanting younger players whose values would go up was a load of tosh and were misquoted" "What i acutally meant was I wanted experienced players who may be past their best but can still offer something to us and hey he didn't cost us much"

Reporter - "so why didn't you sign Campbell when he was available?"

Roeder " I was scouting Dirk Kuyt at the time"

Reporter "but he had already signed for Liverpool??!"

Roeder "damn I was trying to throw you off the scent of all my conradictions!!!"