***The Quote-tastic thread***

Guest smoggeordie

So what your sayin is that the chairman completely dictates that fate of the club, sorry but your talking absolute shit

The chairman in any business is supposed to drive the company in the right direction, they are supposed to set goals and appoint the people to deliver, that's exactly what they're supposed to do.

who mentioned back door ? Fact is, we qualified according to the rules. Many times through a high league position, a higher league position on numerous occasion, than what was achieved under the old board during a period of almost 40 years. It is a fact that all the teams not in europe would have liked to have qualifed, Bolton were pissed off we beat them to that position last season for instance. Would you like to reach the FA Cup Final again or wouldn't you ? If you say no, you're an idiot.

I mentioned back door, is that so hard to understand, just read the posts again if you're getting confused.

Yes I would like to reach the FA Cup final, would you? 

PS Your answer doesn't change the outcome of you being an idiot or not. bluebiggrin.gif

of course I would like to reach the FA Cup Final again  :roll:

Is it difficult for you to understand that rules are rules, and we qualified for europe according to the rules, and not a "back door" ?

As you object to qualifying for europe through the "back door" you must have loved all those years when we were nowhere near qualifying, when we had a board the same as the one we have now  :lol: :lol: :lol:

So what your sayin is that the chairman completely dictates that fate of the club, sorry but your talking absolute shit

The chairman in any business is supposed to drive the company in the right direction, they are supposed to set goals and appoint the people to deliver, that's exactly what they're supposed to do.

and being the 5th best in your field over a span of a decade is ??

don't worry about him you'll get used to his whinging agenda

What agenda is that and why?

What is your agenda?

I don't really know, I don't have one, I just correct you when you make things up

On paper Souness is a very succsessfull manager, im not saying it was right to appoint him but at the time everyone of us was screaming that we needed discipline and that the players ran the club,  the chairman does have to take account for poor descisions however is it the chairmans fault that owen is injured ? nope is it the chairmans fault that a very prolific spanish striker signs for us and cant adapt to the way of life ? nope, ultimitly its the manager nd the team that take you places

Wow, on paper Souness was and is shite, read the paper.

Guest thompers

A failure when you consider that we've been 3rd best spenders.

Guest thompers

And if you can't see the connection between money spent and expectations then why don't you ring Abramovich up and ask him if he'll be happy with being 5th best over the next decade. In fact, ask him if he'd settle for being 2nd best. I'm sure he'd consider that failure.

so when your business is hit hard by injurys should the chairman stand up and say im sorry, the chairman has appointed a manager who he believes can reach a target, which id say is prob europe this season now if come the end of the season were not in europe then yes he has answers to make but you still have to take into account the injurys that we have, were always looking for someone to blame so many of our fans nowadays just want someone to hang.

Is it difficult for you to understand that rules are rules, and we qualified for europe according to the rules, and not a "back door" ?

As you object to qualifying for europe through the "back door" you must have loved all those years when we were nowhere near qualifying, when we had a board the same as the one we have now  :lol: :lol: :lol:

bluelaugh.gif at you.

bluelaugh.gif

Being 5th best in my field isn't gained by being 9th on average.

name me the 8 clubs with a higher average ?????  :lol: :lol: :lol:

bluelaugh.gif at you.

you can't answer again can't you  :lol: :lol: :lol:

so when your business is hit hard by injurys should the chairman stand up and say im sorry, the chairman has appointed a manager who he believes can reach a target, which id say is prob europe this season now if come the end of the season were not in europe then yes he has answers to make but you still have to take into account the injurys that we have, were always looking for someone to blame so many of our fans nowadays just want someone to hang.

The current and last manager both said our squad was "paper thin," both have reduced the squads.

Sorry if I will not show any understanding when people highlight a problem only to go and make it worse.

The chairman has appointed in his last two managers people who were virtually unemployable as managers, it's not really the recipe for success.

Guest thompers

Roman Abramovich has told Jose Mourinho to "sort it out" as his impatience with the Chelsea manager grows.

Gasp. Despite being 2nd in the league and having won it for the last 2 seasons? Would you please explain why he's growing impatient? 2nd in the league and no trophy at would clearly be an ACHIEVEMENT for a club that spents hundreds of millions. Perhaps you should call him and tell him about the hundreds of clubs below Chelsea and tell him he should be fucking happy. Moody Russian cunt!

And if you can't see the connection between money spent and expectations then why don't you ring Abramovich up and ask him if he'll be happy with being 5th best over the next decade. In fact, ask him if he'd settle for being 2nd best. I'm sure he'd consider that failure.

Aye mate, and who will be responsible for that failure should it happen? Abramovich for backing Mourinho or Mourinho for not getting it right? Or is it just one of those things where there are so few trophies and no matter what happens you always need a bit of luck?

bluelaugh.gif at you.

you can't answer again can't you  :lol: :lol: :lol:

I didn't think the question was worth answering but you being you, I suppose I'll have to.

The FA Cup doesn't guarantee European football unless you win it, we haven't won it, we've only qualified through the FA Cup because the winners qualified through the league, hence, back door.

Guest thompers

Aye mate, and who will be responsible for that failure should it happen? Abramovich for backing Mourinho or Mourinho for not getting it right? Or is it just one of those things where there are so few trophies and no matter what happens you always need a bit of luck?

Mourinho has already won a trophy. If he had appointed Mourinho and he didn't win anything before fucking up, it'd be Abramovich's fault.

Mourinho has already won a trophy. If he had appointed Mourinho and he didn't win anything before fucking up, it'd be Abramovich's fault.

Or if Abramovich had  appointed a clearly shite manager who everyone in football knew was the wrong appointment then it would be his fault also.

Mourinho has already won a trophy. If he had appointed Mourinho and he didn't win anything before f***ing up, it'd be Abramovich's fault.

Boring as fuck, tbh. I expected better from you, even though we don't agree I know you're not stupid.

Mourinho has already won a trophy. If he had appointed Mourinho and he didn't win anything before f***ing up, it'd be Abramovich's fault.

Or if Abramovich had  appointed a clearly shite manager who everyone in football knew was the wrong appointment then it would be his fault also.

The track record of Souness upto his appointment with Newcastle is comparable to that of Martin O'Neill.

What do you think of Arsenal winning stuff despite spending less?

probably the same as all the clubs we have overtaken and qualified more for europe than, since 1992, think of us

That they've done it by employing a good managerial and youth set up, instead of just throwing money at the problem and hoping for the best?

I doubt many of the clubs we have overtaken and qualified more for europe than, since 1992, think that of us.

Guest thompers

Boring as fuck, tbh. I expected better from you, even though we don't agree I know you're not stupid.

:lol: Is that your reply?

Abramovich has appointed a manager that has won him trophies. This confirms that Roman has appointed a manager capable of winning him trophies therefore he has done his job correctly. If it goes pearshaped from there it's Abramovich's job to either keep faith with him or replace him with a manager to take the club forward. If Abramovich decided to keep faith and it didn't work out, then it would be his fault. If he decided enough was enough and appointed Souness and Chelsea won nothing and finished 14th, it'd surely be his own fault?

Guest thompers

The track record of Souness upto his appointment with Newcastle is comparable to that of Martin O'Neill.

Yes, to the clinically insane.

Abramovich wouldn't be to blame whatever happened, Peter Kenyon would.