***Official Takeover Talk Thread***

Guest smoggeordie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

To me it's about running the club more professionally from top to bottom. If we're taken over I'd like to see an improvement there. I have no problem whatsoever with the financial backing the current board has given our managers. It's difficult to see how anyone with any sense would have.

Yup. Let's hope any new lot are able to select a better manager and then back that person to the same extent the current lot have done. We'll have a chance in that scenario.

If they come in and don't select the right manager we're still knackered no matter what kind of backing they give. If they pick the right man but don't back him we're knackered, as happened at various times during the 50 years leading up to 1992. It's easy to understand, really.

Broken fuking record HTL, just shut up FFS and let people enjoy some good news for a change.

Don't you ever get bored of being annoying?

Don't you ever get bored of being a broken record yourself, spouting total shite as always?

As always?

Mate, you really need a slap in the face, you are one of the most hated and laughed at people on this forum. I haven't met a single person on here who has a good word to say about you.

Your boring as fuk, talk shite, think your something special and go about being such a misery, most posters avoid you like the plague.

Your a joke my friend, i hope you dont go on like this in the outside world, as i doubt you'd have a real friend who'd give a damn if you lived or died.

Oh my. I'm gutted.

Info leaked by the club to try and drive the share price up and get more cash out of the intrested parties. It's a case of when Fat Fred leaves rather than if, by the looks of it.

not something leaked by one of the buying parties to try and put an under pressure board under more pressure.

"oh my a piece of nufc news,how can i look at this in a negative way with absolutly no evidence"

bet you thought the rooney bid was a lie eh?

Guest smoggeordie

Please let this happen already.

why do you use the term 'already' at the end of your sentence? are you american?

Why don't you use capital letters? Are you from Sunderland?  ;)

Guest Darth Toon

Interesting that there doesn't seem to be anything about this in tonight's Chron?

If the story was total crap then surely Freddy would have deployed his mouthpiece to quash it?

Interesting that there doesn't seem to be anything about this in tonight's Chron?

If the story was total crap then surely Freddy would have deployed his mouthpiece to quash it?

its in teh main news section, near the front, rubbishing it basically

Why don't you use capital letters? Are you from Sunderland? ;)

that was a genuine question. 

as for capitals, i think they're overated at the start of a sentence, and there are places not worthy of capitalising. (capitalisation?)

Hmm.. I didn't know I can't use word already at the end of sentence..? I'm not American nor do I speak English as my native language.

you can use it, if you like.  I was just wondering why?

if it's not a conscious decision then don't worry about it.

Hmm.. I didn't know I can't use word already at the end of sentence..? I'm not American nor do I speak English as my native language.

you can use it, if you like.  I was just wondering why?

does that mean he should worry about it if it was a conscious decision ?

Info leaked by the club to try and drive the share price up and get more cash out of the intrested parties. It's a case of when Fat Fred leaves rather than if, by the looks of it.

not something leaked by one of the buying parties to try and put an under pressure board under more pressure.

"oh my a piece of nufc news,how can i look at this in a negative way with absolutly no evidence"

Not looking at it in a negative way, i'm using common sense. Something which you lack, fuckwit.

Not looking at it in a negative way, i'm using common sense. Something which you lack, fuckwit.

problem with common sense is it's not very common yet everyone thinks they have it.

thanx for the name calling hurt me soooo much and wasn't witty.

you can use it, if you like. I was just wondering why?

Now I'm even more confused :D

problem with common sense is it's not very common yet everyone thinks they have it.

Never attempted to be witty, just honest.

Don't know what you expected. You jumped on a completely innocent comment by me and read it completely out of context. I really can't see how what I said was negative, you care to explain?

Don't know what you expected. You jumped on a completely innocent comment by me and read it completely out of context. I really can't see how what I said was negative, you care to explain?

how's it a completly innocent comment.you suggest they are acting illegally(put that in print and they could sue),like many on here you appear to look for the negative.in what context did you mean it?

no, it means he doesn't have to worry about answering the question of why he used it, if he was unaware of exactly why he used it.

on the other hand, i would be more worried about using it consciously myself, than unconsciously.

how's it a completly innocent comment.you suggest they are acting illegally(put that in print and they could sue),like many on here you appear to look for the negative.in what context did you mean it?

How's it illegal for a 'source' at the club to tell a Journalist something in the hope they'll print it and drive the share price up hence getting more money for it. Stuff like that happens all the time. I really don't get how it's considered illegal. It's fucking worked aswell as share prices went up by 8% this morning after this article was published.

I wasn't using it in a negative context, it wasn't meant to be an attack on Freddy it was merely an outsider commenting on what he thought was going on.

The Daily Mail *spits* is usually fairly spot on with it's sports coverage so they've obviously got wind of something happening. The fact they've quoted exact figures aswell leads me to believe they've been told something which later turned out to be bollocks. It's not in the intrests of any of the consortiums to tell the press shite like that so that leads me to believe it was someone from the club.

How's it illegal for a 'source' at the club to tell a Journalist something in the hope they'll print it and drive the share price up hence getting more money for it. Stuff like that happens all the time. I really don't get how it's considered illegal. It's f***ing worked aswell as share prices went up by 8% this morning after this article was published.

I wasn't using it in a negative context, it wasn't meant to be an attack on Freddy it was merely an outsider commenting on what he thought was going on.

The Daily Mail *spits* is usually fairly spot on with it's sports coverage so they've obviously got wind of something happening. The fact they've quoted exact figures aswell leads me to believe they've been told something which later turned out to be bollocks. It's not in the intrests of any of the consortiums to tell the press shite like that so that leads me to believe it was someone from the club.

i beleive it's illegal in that they would have agreed a deal like that without informing the stockmarket .opening themselves up to all sorts of legal problems like insider dealing.

How's it illegal for a 'source' at the club to tell a Journalist something in the hope they'll print it and drive the share price up hence getting more money for it. Stuff like that happens all the time. I really don't get how it's considered illegal. It's f***ing worked aswell as share prices went up by 8% this morning after this article was published.

i beleive it's illegal in that they would have agreed a deal like that without informing the stockmarket .opening themselves up to all sorts of legal problems like insider dealing.

Shirley if someone bought the club outright insider dealing would matter not as they would be on their way to owning 100%?

Shirley if someone bought the club outright insider dealing would matter not as they would be on their way to owning 100%?

People who brought shares before it was announced to the LSE would probably benefit illegaly.