Rennie today

madras

*sighs* Some people have no clue.

Oh really? Please tell how it is that I have no clue then.

Bump... i'd really like to know tbh.

Sorry, saying you had no clue was harsh.  In those situations though, dissent really has to be clamped down upon (obviously in this situation it was probably justified but we can't take that into account sadly), otherwise your control can slip away remarkably quickly.  Also everytime Chelsea/Man Utd players surround the referee we hear "book them all", now Rennie does and he's being "trigger happy".

I do agree that the Martins one was a bit daft, and was made even more so by him leaving his cards in the changing room.

I agree about straight dissent. Of course that should result in a booking (or worse)

But I've played so many games where the referee has had no sense of logic whatsoever to be able to interpret things. Refs like that are annoying... for no matter what reason they will reach into their pocket. You see it in Spain a lot, where you get matches ending with about 6 bookings on each side. Or like those second yellow cards we saw in the champions league a couple of years back for sarcastic clapping of the first yellow ... quite pathetic.

Its a long time since i have seen Rennie, but I couldn't get over the size of him. He has always been a tosser but he was always at least fit, I take it he has giving up the martial arts, fair play to him for keeping up with play, he must be carrying at least an extra 4 stone!

I don't think he had a great game and I thought he was his usual clueless self and he proved this a few times when we got free kicks shooting towards the Leazes end.

I remember at least twice where he failed to get the wall back 10 yards and the whole crowd counted with him as well.  He got as far as 8 and gave up!

Guest Brazilianbob

If the Birmingham player standing beside Given for the McSheffrey goal wasn't interfering with play, then Parker certainly wasn't interfering for Milner's goal against W Ham.  It seems to me that both refereeing decisions were consistent.

Guest GeordieAce

Referee Uriah Rennie faces being demoted from the Premiership list after allowing James Milner's goal for Newcastle to stand despite Scott Parker standing in a offside position. (The Guardian)  :lol:

Guest Ridzuan

Referee Uriah Rennie faces being demoted from the Premiership list after allowing James Milner's goal for Newcastle to stand despite Scott Parker standing in a offside position. (The Guardian)  :lol:

Such a tragic news for him.But anyway,I dont care about his future.The match is over and the goal will stand as it is.If Rennie is going to be demoted,then I think the linesman on the side of the goal should be demoted too.

• 1 year later...