i have seen..........

madras

Only situation I can imagine where that makes sense is a long throw-in coming to the box, everyone missing it, but the goalie tries to save it (No mention of it not touching a hand) - perhaps thinking someone had touched it, or trying to prevent the corner, or just having a brain spasm - but he ends up just punching it in ???

Sounds like something Andy Dibble would do.

A drop-ball that gets caught in the wind and ends up in the back of the net?

I don't think a drop-ball is live until someone touches it.

I thought it was when it touched the floor, but I have no idea why I thought that, you're probably right.

I thought it was when it touched the floor, but I have no idea why I thought that, you're probably right.

Dave's right.  If it leaves the field without touching anybody it is dropped in the same place again.

Dave's right.  If it leaves the field without touching anybody it is dropped in the same place again.

Oh well.

Do you know what it is then Paul?

Only situation I can imagine where that makes sense is a long throw-in coming to the box, everyone missing it, but the goalie tries to save it (No mention of it not touching a hand) - perhaps thinking someone had touched it, or trying to prevent the corner, or just having a brain spasm - but he ends up just punching it in ???

Sounds like something Andy Dibble would do.

thats the one...long throw into the box,keeper goes for it but under pressure,fumbles the catch and the ball goes over the line.

supermac throw in,think the keeper was mcmanus,nufc Vs notts co in our league cup run when we reached the final,only goal in our 1-0 win.

Guest londonmaglad

Nah - this must be the goal that stood when the goalkeeper was gonna take a goal kick and the ballboy scored. The ref gave the goal.

Nah - this must be the goal that stood when the goalkeeper was gonna take a goal kick and the ballboy scored. The ref gave the goal.

even if the keeper "scores"an own goal direct from a goal kick the correct decision is a corner.