Villarreal may move for John Dal Tomasson

tmonkey

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=443669&CPID=23&clid=169&lid=&title=VILLARREAL+TARGET+TOMASSON

Given our problems up front, where are we with regards to him? Villarreal are in a similar position to us and are a smaller club that almost certainly pays smaller wages, so its not like the competition is out of our depth.

Hes a good player who has stated hed love to return here and prove what hes capable of, as last time he was here he was just a youngster being played out of position in a dire team, and since then hes gone on to develop into a good forward at the top levels.

Certainly alot better than loaning someone like Rossi. That seems to be acceptable, but moving for an experienced Danish international isnt.

Would make a good foil for Martins imo, and a good short term signing. Much better than bringing noone in, and its got to be better than playing the likes of Duff or Sibierski up front, which weve had to do many a time in the Prem this season.

Don't think he would want to come back after his experience last time.

Said not that long ago he would love to come back and have another try here. As tmonkey said i think he would be a very good partner for Martins.

Guest Gemmill

He always looked like he was from the north east, he had that Shields charva look down to a tee tbf.

I saw him shopping in town once and he was tiny!

I doubt we'll show any interest in him.

Guest Ridzuan

Doubt so too.Glenn has said that he is looking for a long term signings,unless he is interested in bringing JDT on a loan.

i'd love to give the lad a 2-3 year contract. he would be free transfer-wise!

good player, has a great gift for being in the right place at the right time.

i also used to dislike him because of his failure with us, but having watched virtually every denmark match he's played he has impressed me very much. is also quite good in the air!

but roeder is a bit annoying when it comes to the age thing...

Probably the closest thing to a Gudjohnsen we could ever hope to attract here, I can't help but feel that he would work really well with any of Martins, Ameobi or Owen... he's something different to all three of them, which is exactly what we should be looking for and he'd have a hell of a lot to prove if he returned. Especially if we could do the loan-permanent thing that is mentioned in that article.

Would be a hell of a story if he came back here and did well.

Probably the closest thing to a Gudjohnsen we could ever hope to attract here, I can't help but feel that he would work really well with any of Martins, Ameobi or Owen... he's something different to all three of them, which is exactly what we should be looking for and he'd have a hell of a lot to prove if he returned. Especially if we could do the loan-permanent thing that is mentioned in that article.

Would be a hell of a story if he came back here and did well.

this time we very much agree!

That's what it's all about, eh? Opinions, opinions, opinions.

I still don't think we'd move for him and I can imagine the ignorant masses being nonplussed about the whole thing if we did... i.e. "Aw man, he was fucking shite last time he was here like! All we fucking do is buy ex-players with Ratface as boss! Why the fuck didn't we sign Darren Bent?"

But it's a hell of a lot easier to call someone "shite" than to look into why they were underperforming (in perhaps the worst NUFC side I've seen since I was old enough to support properly.) Sibierski has already proven, in my eyes, that Roeder has an eye for a buy (and Martins has hardly been too bad either!), I suppose all we can do is trust his judgement again.

I would definitely be happy to see JDT given another crack of the whip on a loan move, though.