Liverpool sign Jordy Brouwer

Skirge

Liverpool have announced the signing of Ajax starlet Jordy Brouwer.

Brouwer has come through the ranks at Ajax's famed academy and he is highly-regarded at the Dutch club.

Liverpool have moved to snap up the striker as he had not signed professional terms with Ajax.

Brouwer is Liverpool's third new arrival of the January transfer window following the signings of Daniele Padelli and Emiliano Insua.

Liverpool chief executive Rick Parry believes Brouwer will prove to be a good acquisition for the club.

"We have made a good signing for the future in Jordy," said Parry.

"He has had a youth contract at Ajax, but has opted to build his career at Liverpool.

"We have been monitoring his progress and look forward to developing his potential at Anfield."

Meanwhile, Parry has admitted he is still bemused as to why Lucas Neill snubbed a move to Anfield in favour of a switch to West Ham.

Neill completed his move to West Ham on Tuesday with reports suggesting The Hammers offered the Australian a more lucrative contract to lure him to Upton Park.

The former Blackburn star has denied claims he moved for the money and suggested Liverpool's interest in him was not as strong as West Ham's.

Parry admitted he was surprised Neill rejected Liverpool's overtures and he expects Reds fans to be shocked by Neill's decision.

"The decision by Lucas Neill not to accept our terms after we agreed a fee with Blackburn will bemuse many fans," Parry told the club's official magazine.

"Players make their decisions and while you are sometimes surprised, you have to move on to the next one.

"Neill had the choice between Liverpool and West Ham, we were offering him the opportunity of Champions League football.

"What we want are players with an instinctive desire to play for Liverpool. We want people with a real passion to come here and help us win trophies.

"Clearly, there will always be a chance for players to earn well if they do well.

"However, at the end of the day it is up to the individual to decide what is best for his career.

"From our side, we never want to be in a position where someone is only coming here for the money. A player has to be driven by something more than that.

"Because of the stature, history and ambition of Liverpool, there should be no need for us to sell the merits of this club.

"It's Neill's decision and it's his future. It has happened before and it will happen again."

Because of the stature, history and ambition of Liverpool, there should be no need for us to sell the merits of this club.

Arrogant f*cking c*nts. Here's what I was talking about yesterday. They think they don't have to make much effort to sign players. So does this mean that on arrival, new players automatically get given 18 league winners medals and 5 European Cup ones? Tw*ts.

Guest Rushian

Because of the stature, history and ambition of Liverpool, there should be no need for us to sell the merits of this club.

Arrogant f*cking c*nts. Here's what I was talking about yesterday. They think they don't have to make much effort to sign players. So does this mean that on arrival, new players automatically get given 18 league winners medals and 5 European Cup ones? Tw*ts.

Just a dig back at Neill's embarrassing shite yesterday.

What was embarrassing about him saying Benitez never once contacted him and that Curbishley made him feel important? Owen said almost the exact same thing when we signed him. Neill even said that had he spoke to the right people at Liverpool, he'd have probably signed for them. But it's not a good sign for players when the manager you could end up playing under doesn't speak to you once in negociations.

Guest Rushian

What was embarrassing about him saying Benitez never once contacted him and that Curbishley made him feel important? Owen said almost the exact same thing when we signed him. Neill even said that had he spoke to the right people at Liverpool, he'd have probably signed for them. But it's not a good sign for players when the manager you could end up playing under doesn't speak to you once in negociations.

It was a lie for a start.

Lucas Neill: “But I didn’t get the opportunity to speak to the real people that count at Liverpool,” he claimed. It would have been nice to hear the manager of Liverpool’s thoughts, but because they never got that far in the negotiations, it didn’t happen.

“He possibly could have talked me into it. But I was getting a small, cold feeling from Liverpool and a volcanic heat feeling from West Ham. My decision was based on football.”

Rick Parry: “I don’t know who was on the other end of the telephone talking to Rafa when I was sat next to him, but I’m quite sure it was Lucas Neill.”

Guest Rushian

In reality Rafa Brentez wants Salgado, the board wanted him to sign the cheaper option, so he faked the whole thing.

Mystery solved.

It's all a bit strange to be honest. We agreed terms with Neill in the summer and tried to move heaven and earth to get him to Anfield with the proviso that we'd have another go in January - come January and we agree a fee with Blackburn and suddenly it's "they never spoke to me, I didn't feel loved" which contradicts everything that went on over the previous 5-6 months.

He's an Aussie though. Weird people. Perhaps he's been kidnapped by aliens and had his memory wiped. Or he woke up in a shower and it was all a dream.

In reality Rafa Brentez wants Salgado, the board wanted him to sign the cheaper option, so he faked the whole thing.

Mystery solved.

It's all a bit strange to be honest. We agreed terms with Neill in the summer and tried to move heaven and earth to get him to Anfield with the proviso that we'd have another go in January - come January and we agree a fee with Blackburn and suddenly it's "they never spoke to me, I didn't feel loved" which contradicts everything that went on over the previous 5-6 months.

He's an Aussie though. Weird people. Perhaps he's been kidnapped by aliens and had his memory wiped. Or he woke up in a shower and it was all a dream.

The media up here said back in September we tried pinching him last minute in August, yet we were nowhere to be seen this window...which seems a bit strange. The whole thing does.

Guest Rushian

Mystery solved.

The media up here said back in September we tried pinching him last minute in August, yet we were nowhere to be seen this window...which seems a bit strange. The whole thing does.

Think there's a lot of clubs throwing next season's TV money around.

Guest Rushian

Thing with the Parry quotes are, had Owen not said almost the exact same thing as Neill just 16 months earlier, I'd have probably believed him, but seems strange that two players you were linked with have got pretty much the same stories.

Two players who were offered considerably more money elsewhere? I can see the connection ;)

Mystery solved.

Strange really,i'd have thought that someone with convict forefathers would have seen Liverpool as some kind of Mecca.