Bobby Robson - Jose is my bitch

Dokko

Not really, but he tells him whats what.  O0

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/columnists/columnists.html?in_article_id=431929&in_page_id=1951

Jose Mourinho enjoys calling himself the Special One. Perhaps for the first time at Chelsea, he now has the chance to prove it.

There seems to be a change at Stamford Bridge. Jose no longer has an unlimited budget and, like other managers, he has to work with the players he’s already got or shop for bargains. Welcome to the real world!

It could make or break him and the first place to start is by working on the training field to make Andriy Shevchenko world-class again. I’m sure it was a boost for Shevchenko score a couple of goals against Wycombe in midweek but, with no disrespect meant to the League Two club, it proves nothing in terms of the Premiership or Champions League. Even a hat-trick against Nottingham Forest in the FA Cup today wouldn’t do that.

Shevchenko was bought to the Bridge for £30million in the summer to help Chelsea win their third Premiership title and the Champions League. Right now, after his poor form,I don’t think anyone would pay £15m for him. In an open market, Chelsea might get £10m from a desperate Italian club but no more.

His first goal on Tuesday was celebrated wildly by the crowd, but it was a gift. He won’t get that against Blackburn or Bolton, let alone Liverpool or Barcelona.

Alan Shearer was 29 when I arrived at Newcastle and considered on the wane. We identified the problem, in Alan’s case it was a lack of movement, and fixed it on the training ground. Alan responded brilliantly on the pitch and played another five years at the highest level. Until now, if a player at Chelsea has lost form, Jose has been able to buy a multi-million pound replacement. That situation has clearly changed.

After spending more than £200m he can’t really complain too much about lack of funds. He should call Dario Gradi to find out how to do it!

Shevchenko is a root problem and one that Jose has to get to grips with. He has always been a goalscorer and when he has a ball in front of him, he is able to keep cool and steer a shot home. But playing at the top level requires more than that. His general hold-up play and ability to retain possession so Chelsea can build off him have been poor. He has lacked movement and the pace to accelerate away from defenders.

As a manager I know when you come up against a star like Thierry Henry, you reluctantly have to change your own tactics to counter him. I don’t think any opponent will feel they have to plan to combat Shevchenko, not even Nottingham Forest. And that saddens me because he has been one of the great strikers in world football, and is only 30 now.

What Jose needs to do is improve his movement and team play. That’s what coaching and management is about. He should remember the time when we worked together on the training pitch to make Ronaldo the force he was at Barcelona. That’s the way to do it.

In some ways, however, the mysterious goings-on behind the scenes at Chelsea baffles me. It can’t be down to results because Chelsea are still going strong in four competitions.

I think Jose has made too much of not being able to sign players — no other managers will have sympathy with him for that. Yes, he has had a few injuries with Petr Cech, John Terry and Joe Cole, but don’t most clubs have to cope with that? I haven’t heard Arsene Wenger go on and on about being without William Gallas, for example. Remember, West Ham have been without Dean Ashton all season and he is as important to them as Terry is to Chelsea. And Alan Pardew didn’t have £200m back-up to get over it before he was sacked.

I’ve heard it suggested that the Chelsea players weren’t really his choices, that Roman Abramovich or Frank Arnesen forced them on Jose. The people who make those suggestions don’t know Jose! He is a strong enough personality to veto any players coming in that he didn’t want, and he has shown his independence by leaving Shevchenko out of certain games,even if it annoyed Abramovich.

Where I do have sympathy with Jose is if the club are trying to choose his staff. I have read that Abramovich wanted some of his own people in to work with Shevchenko and to sideline Steve Clarke. That touches a raw nerve with managers. At the very least they should be allowed to choose their backroom team without interference. That’s what Jose meant by respect.

Jose and his family love life in London. He is at one of the best clubs in Europe and in the running for every trophy going. There is no reason to moan about life or want to move elsewhere. He has to do what all special managers do, work with the players he’s got. His record is excellent to date but legendary managers prove they can come through difficult situations.

Chelsea will beat Forest today. Shevchenko will probably score. But will only believe he has turned things around when I see him do it against top opposition.

Why I believe it’s best for Bale to stay on as a Saint

I spoke to Southampton manager George Burley this week about his prized asset Gareth Bale. George was one of my finest players at Ipswich and someone I respect a great deal. So when he tells me that Bale is destined for the top, it’s good enough for me.

Bale is due to face the other great teenage hope in British football, Micah Richards, in the FA Cup today. But the big question for Bale, who isn’t 18 until next summer, is what should he do now that is best for his future?

George accepts that the player will leave Southampton some time but he would like to work with him at least until the summer to continue his football education.

Manchester United, Arsenal and Tottenham are all interested in signing him but he would learn more playing regular Championship football than sitting on the sidelines somewhere else. I am sure it’s fantastic to train every day with Ryan Giggs and Wayne Rooney but nothing beats competitive games to pick up valuable experience.

The Republic of Ireland play Wales in March and, after talking to George, I know we will have to keep a close eye on Bale. George says his delivery at set-pieces is fantastic, ability that is natural and can’t be taught. As an overlapping full-back, he is powerful and has the courage to take on the opposition full-back. But where he could do with a few more months of regular first-team football is on the defensive side of his game.

There is a lot of hype around him. I just hope the lad can make a decision that is in his best interests. In my view, that would involve playing under George Burley at St Mary’s for the rest of this season — and hopefully next.

● Sir Alex Ferguson and Gary Neville are very close but I wouldn’t be surprised if the manager hauled his captain into the office this week to explain reported comments by Neville which said Mark Hughes would be ideal as the next boss at Old Trafford. The words "What has it got to do with you?" spring to mind. I know Gary’s comments weren’t meant for public scrutiny but I think Alex has earned the right to decide in peace when he will leave. And when he does, Alex will have the right to help choose his successor. Gary Neville won’t

Funny how when mentioning injuries he talks about Ashton & West Ham, yet no a peep about our club and our ridiculous situation.

Do we not exist? Is a full team not worthy of mention? Are you still bitter? The latter i think.

He highlighted West Ham because Pardew was sacked despite missing possibly ther most important player. Big fucking deal.

Were missing Owen our most expensive player ever, i dont think the sacking part was the issue or it would of been made more of.

It was the amount Jose had had to spend and the injuries to key players, vitally the amount of moaning Jose has portrait to the media on top of that. (now lets think of the lack of moaning our own manager has done, tbh a record for anyone in the EPL considering, a much better comparison yet nothing mentioned)

Also one player shouldn't make a team, if so the manager need questioning in the 1st place ;)

But again thats not the point, the point is, the old master is telling his student a couple of after lessons.

Fair enough, although I still don't feel comfortable with the idea that Roeder is to be particularly applauded for not blaming results on injuries, when the blame is implied everytime he says 'I will not blame injuries' or 'I could make excuses by saying we are missing him, him and him.... but I won't' during post match interviews, or his chats with Oliver.

Fair enough, although I still don't feel comfortable with the idea that Roeder is to be particularly applauded for not blaming results on injuries, when the blame is implied everytime he says 'I will not blame injuries' or 'I could make excuses by saying we are missing him, him and him.... but I won't' during post match interviews, or his chats with Oliver.

I think its great tbh, and its done good for those coming in, especially the young.

Souness after 3 injuries said 'what do you expect? Look at what am missing!' After another 6 injuries on top of that, no one has a shred of confidence left in them. They were the back up, utter shite, and couldn't do the job. Wrong.

GR has got this one right, and i think SBR would like to say that, but cant for reasons none other than pride.

Still love the old git though.  :thup:

Can you blame him after the way he was treated by the club? The chairman and players humiliated him, after all he did for us a bunch of cretins with no success at all in their careers stabbed him in the back. Shephard also tried to force him to keep quiet by refusing to give him his compensation, iirc meaning many months of legal proceedings. Cant blame him for being bitter at all.

Can you blame him after the way he was treated by the club? The chairman and players humiliated him, after all he did for us a bunch of cretins with no success at all in their careers stabbed him in the back. Shephard also tried to force him to keep quiet by refusing to give him his compensation, iirc meaning many months of legal proceedings. Cant blame him for being bitter at all.

You missed fans off there are well.

I never said he didn't have a reason not to be bitter did i?

I spoke to Southampton manager George Burley this week about his prized asset Gareth Bale. George was one of my finest players at Ipswich and someone I respect a great deal. So when he tells me that Bale is destined for the top, it’s good enough for me.

...says the man who paid £6m for Bramble from this very man.  :lol: :lol: :lol: