Fowler seen at St. James?

kirkwdavis2001

Guest eyeball_tickler

Martins, Owen, Ameobi, Sibierski, Dyer

so if martins got injured tomorrow, we'd have sibierski and dyer up front for the next few months?

no thanks.

Guest eyeball_tickler

so if martins got injured tomorrow, we'd have sibierski and dyer up front for the next few months?

no thanks.

Babel tbh

so you see my point. no actual, real backup.

cole and fowler have 14 goals between them this season. hardly a risk on loan, are they?

no thanks.

Babel tbh

so you see my point. no actual, real backup.

cole and fowler have 14 goals between them this season. hardly a risk on loan, are they?

I doubt Roderer is after these two

no thanks.

my point is we should be going for better players than Fowler and Cole, wasn't disagreeing that we need a striker

no thanks.

my point is we should be going for better players than Fowler and Cole, wasn't disagreeing that we need a striker

I think the same way

And all the comments from Roeder that he wants to reduce the average age of the squad is one of the reasons i think he will try to sign someone else

But if 1 hour before the deadline we havent manage to sign anyone then everything is possible

Guest optimistic nit

who realistically can we get then nobby? were 11th in the league with a cnut as a manager and an even bigger cnut as a chairman. we need goals not players with flash cars, we have those already but they'll do nowt without players like andy cole and micheal owen to convert their assists. not sure about fowler reading what people with better footballing knowladge that me have to say about him but Cole would be on par with babel atm for me.

who realistically can we get then nobby? were 11th in the league with a cnut as a manager and an even bigger cnut as a chairman. we need goals not players with flash cars, we have those already but they'll do nowt without players like andy cole and micheal owen to convert their assists. not sure about fowler reading what people with better footballing knowladge that me have to say about him but Cole would be on par with babel atm for me.

Roeder is looking for players under 30, signing players like stop gaps can't go on forever, Sib has done well, but buying players like Pearce, Rush and Barnes when Daglish was here was ok for 3month or even less but then you're back at square one

Guest optimistic nit

i dissagree i don't think sib has done all too well at all here, and the minor contributions he has made are only recognised because we didn't think he would make any contributions, minor or otherwise. AC is a proven PL striker who can score goals and beside martins i recon he'd blossom. players are way too pricey in jan and i'd rather we signed players like AC on loan who could help our existing players function better than blowing it all on another hit or miss. our squad age needs to be lowered considerably but first we need to actually aquire a squad. its like trying to buy new parts for a car when all you have is an engine. we need to actually get to 25 players before we try and improve it.

our squad age needs to be lowered considerably but first we need to actually aquire a squad.

its like trying to buy new parts for a car when all you have is an engine. we need to actually get to 25 players before we try and improve it.

why not just buy the good parts to start with,

instead of the crap parts, then replacing them with the good parts you could of had in the first place

to your first point - so lets buy a 35 year old

i dissagree i don't think sib has done all too well at all here, and the minor contributions he has made are only recognised because we didn't think he would make any contributions, minor or otherwise. AC is a proven PL striker who can score goals and beside martins i recon he'd blossom. players are way too pricey in jan and i'd rather we signed players like AC on loan who could help our existing players function better than blowing it all on another hit or miss. our squad age needs to be lowered considerably but first we need to actually aquire a squad. its like trying to buy new parts for a car when all you have is an engine. we need to actually get to 25 players before we try and improve it.

I agree with you about Sib

He scored some lucky goals and thats it!

Recently his form is very poor

i cant remember when was the last time he scored for us

Guest optimistic nit

our squad age needs to be lowered considerably but first we need to actually aquire a squad.

its like trying to buy new parts for a car when all you have is an engine. we need to actually get to 25 players before we try and improve it.

instead of the crap parts, then replacing them with the good parts you could of had in the first place

so we can afford all the good parts at once can we? that type of squad transition worked with chelsea, because they had a billionaire. we would just end up with an 800 bhp engine (we had one with 750 bhp, but for some reason we decided to get another one of these instead of replacing our broken axel ??? .

i'd rather have a squad of 25 good players then upgrade that than have 4 star players, 10 competant ones, a few spare parts and some tools just taking up space in the garrage. we need balance ffs.

so we can afford all the good parts at once can we?

no but why waste the money on old crap parts that don't work

Guest optimistic nit

andy cole on loan for free who is a proven goalscorer (what we need) and would only be short term (another plus). name one negative of this? perfect foil for martins and dyer btw.

Being perfectly honest, at this stage, i wouldn't be in the slightest bit disappointed if we signed Andy Cole. He'd fit in well with the side, and with the club in general, he'd get games - and he's a proven goalscorer. He's scored a couple of goals for Pompey this season, despite hardly ever playing, and his goals have been typical predator, centre-forward goals.

He's a presence in the box and he'd do a job for us.

Wouldn't say no to him on loan.

Being perfectly honest, at this stage, i wouldn't be in the slightest bit disappointed if we signed Andy Cole. He'd fit in well with the side, and with the club in general, he'd get games - and he's a proven goalscorer. He's scored a couple of goals for Pompey this season, despite hardly ever playing, and his goals have been typical predator, centre-forward goals.

He's a presence in the box and he'd do a job for us.

Wouldn't say no to him on loan.

Agree 100%... if its a matter of "til the end of the season" i'd rather have Cole than that French lad who's now gone to Monaco.