Owen - It's my dream to score at the Gallowgate and win the Uefa Cup for Toon

Guest smoggeordie

How can Owen score at the Gallowgate and win the Uefa Cup? The final's at Hampden  ;)

Already been done. By a slow person. ;)

:lol: Didn't see that. Make that two slow people.

Strange that many Liverpool fans - the ones not screaming and crying about him coming here, that is - said he'd do exactly what many Newcastle fans (like me) are getting mightily pissed off about.

Wasn't the poster on here - "Rafa" one of them ?

I'm not sure what it is he's doing tbh - cos I've not seen this interview or read any other articles recently!

Do you mean his sort of detached personality? I think with Owen a lot of the time, he doesn't really put his brain into gear before speaking.

Owen is a fantastic footballer, but he'll always be percieved as rather characterless and rather detached. It's just how he is, maybe thats why some don't warm to him.

Think Phil's on about him "keeping himself for England". Deliberately putting his studs into the turf and twisting his knee so much it tore the insides apart, just so he didn't have to play for Newcastle was a pretty shitty thing to do like.

He missed three England games though, so he obviously didn't think it through properly, the thick twat.

Strange that many Liverpool fans - the ones not screaming and crying about him coming here, that is - said he'd do exactly what many Newcastle fans (like me) are getting mightily pissed off about.

I'm not sure what it is he's doing tbh - cos I've not seen this interview or read any other articles recently!

Do you mean his sort of detached personality? I think with Owen a lot of the time, he doesn't really put his brain into gear before speaking.

Owen is a fantastic footballer, but he'll always be percieved as rather characterless and rather detached. It's just how he is, maybe thats why some don't warm to him.

Think Phil's on about him "keeping himself for England". Deliberately putting his studs into the turf and twisting his knee so much it tore the insides apart, just so he didn't have to play for Newcastle was a pretty shitty thing to do like.

He missed three England games though, so he obviously didn't think it through properly, the thick twat.

;D

I was actually taking the piss out of the idiots that whine every time he mentions England without following it up with ".....oh but I love Newcastle best of course!"

That wouldn't be you, would it Phil?  :-*

Idiots ?

I'd say the idiots are the ones who dwell lovingly on every word, star struck and drooling. :smitten:

Wouldn't be you by any chance ?  ^-^

How many games has he played in two seasons again ?

How many games did he play for 3 months after the 2 goals in the Argentina match, in which he walked off fit as a fiddle ?

Quickly forgotten, his comments to Ericsson, eh ?

Dear, some peoples memories, eh Gemmill ?  ???

Doesn't seem the type of lad for any of that carry on tbh.

Phil, I've said it before and I'll say it again, but every time you post on here I wonder how you manage it in a straitjacket.

He was a far bigger wanker back in the old ToonTastic days, imo. Getting back to his best lately.

It does make me laugh how people think MO prepares for a world cup by pretending he is injured and never playing! If it was his intention to hardly ever play and just have world cup games I doubt he would have swapped sunny Madrid for Tyneside!

Don't know how many of these people have ever played football but I thought it would be obvious to the most stupid that you aren't going to be match fit for your beloved England if you don't play regular football!

Chronicle sports desk:

"Fans are unhappy with lack of signings, boss"

Freddy:

"Give them something about Owen, they'll love that"

Chronicle Headline:

"Owen - It's my dream to score at the Gallowgate and win the UEFA Cup for the Toon"

Exactly.

Guest Ridzuan

I will try to be optimistic and hoping that he will return by the end of the season but it wouldnt surprise me if he do not make it like what he has told to BBC.I like the way he gives his credit to us for our treatment on him since he got injured.

Newcastle and England striker Michael Owen has revealed that he might not play at all this season.

Reports had suggested the 27-year-old was set for a comeback in April having been sidelined with a cruciate knee ligament injury since last summer.

But the striker told BBC Sport: "My plan has always been to return when the knee feels right.

"I feel great and have not had any setbacks. Hopefully I can return this season, but it could be next season."

Owen, who picked up his injury playing for England at the 2006 World Cup, said he was ready to step up his rehabilitation.

"The plan is to run next week, although I reckon I could have jogged about two to three weeks ago - but I won't rush things," added the England international.

Newcastle have been fantastic from the moment I picked up my injury

Owen also paid tribute to Newcastle for helping him during a "low point" in his career.

"They've been fantastic right from the moment when I picked up my injury," said Owen, speaking at an Umbro-Michelin boot launch in London.

"They paid for the best and most expensive treatment by sending me to Colorado where I underwent two operations carried out by Dr Richard Steadman, who is a fantastic chap.

"I now have one-to-one physio every day with the guy who worked with team-mate Kieron Dyer when he was injured.

"I definitely benefit from the one-to-one stuff because it's good to have someone staring at you, pushing you through the pain barrier."

He added: "It's been a frustrating time but I'm a level headed type of person. I've had a good career so far.

"There have been a lot of ups and a lot of downs but that's the life of a professional footballer. I'm at a low point now because I can't do what I want to do."

Owen also sent his sympathies to England team-mate Ashley Cole, who suffered knee ligament damage while playing for Chelsea against Blackburn on Wednesday.

"When you mess with knees it's a nasty situation," he said.

"Not many knee injuries are a week or two. I can only wish him the best and I'll be in touch with him if it's a criuciate."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/6322797.stm