Dyer: It's Lucky London

Nobby

Dyer: It's Lucky London

By Craig Hope

KIERON Dyer heads to Fulham hoping that the Magpies can maintain this season's impressive form in the capital.

Dyer was part of the United team which went 30 games without a win in London, but memories of that woeful four-year run are now a distant memory for the 27-year-old.

And with seven points from four visits this term, Dyer is looking to add to the Toon's capital gains.

He told nufc.co.uk: "We had a great win against Tottenham the last time we were in the capital and hopefully we can build on that.

"We beat West Ham, drew with Arsenal and beat Spurs and also beat Watford in the cup so we go there full of confidence.

"It is winnable game and we are on a bit of a roll after beating Aston Villa the other night."

Dyer has started 15 games this season and found the net five times since returning from a hamstring problem which had kept him sidelined since last April.

And the England man is hoping his injury troubles are now behind him. He added: "I feel like I am firing on all cylinders again.

I think I've played more games in 2007 than I did in the whole of last season. Things are looking up and long may it continue.

"I think the game I felt the worst in was obviously the Birmingham game in the FA Cup.

"At Tottenham we were brilliant and then against Birmingham it was like hitting a brick wall.

"Straight after the Birmingham game we had West Ham but we've had a 10 day break which has done me the world of good.

"I feel fine again now."

And Dyer welcomed his new team-mate Oguchi Onyewu to Tyneside: "Gooch looks a big lad, I have seen him at the training ground and hopefully he will be a good addition to the squad.

"We are short of numbers at the back with Peter Ramage and Craig Moore injured so hopefully he will come in and settle down and do a good job for Newcastle."

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~975070,00.html  (nice pic on the link)

Its not just Dyer to be fair we have a club full of them.

When Dyer does it though, we seem to end up getting fucking murdered rather than just beaten.

His comment about "Fortress St James'" before the Birmingham game was on a par with "I want Scholes' England shirt" before that game.