Owen And Harps Set For Shearer's Bar Q&A - 12/2/07

Nobby

Q and A with Michael Owen. That'll be riveting.

Regarding Harps' lack of ambition, perhaps the guy's just happy and settled where he is, despite playing second fiddle. There's more to life than first team football.

Getting paid £15k a week for enjoying life, rather than doing your job helps too :)

Owen - Was it a good idea to piss off on international duty after playing only 38 minutes in 5 months for your paymasters?

Harper - Why such a lack of pride and personal ambition?

Harper should be proud of himself tbh, could have gone off and got regular first team football somewhere else and no doubt a higher salary given his status but he has chosen to stay and fight for his place here.

He'd never get a higher salary at another club, and what place is he fighting for? Given is number one, that's that. No matter how badly or how well Harper plays, he'll never be first-choice. Like I said in the other post, having him as number two is actually a bad thing imo. He does look lazy and without a care in the world. He made a couple of bad kicking errors on Saturday and greeted both with just a blank look. I'd promote Krul to second choice now as he'll at least be hungry to break into the team, whereas Harper doesn't care. He lives in his region, gets a f*cking good pay, and being controversial here, I don't think he cares how he plays anymore.

Owen - Was it a good idea to piss off on international duty after playing only 38 minutes in 5 months for your paymasters?

Harper should be proud of himself tbh, could have gone off and got regular first team football somewhere else and no doubt a higher salary given his status but he has chosen to stay and fight for his place here.

He'd never get a higher salary at another club, and what place is he fighting for? Given is number one, that's that. No matter how badly or how well Harper plays, he'll never be first-choice. Like I said in the other post, having him as number two is actually a bad thing imo. He does look lazy and without a care in the world. He made a couple of bad kicking errors on Saturday and greeted both with just a blank look. I'd promote Krul to second choice now as he'll at least be hungry to break into the team, whereas Harper doesn't care. He lives in his region, gets a f*cking good pay, and being controversial here, I don't think he cares how he plays anymore.

Dipstick Nut, tbh.

He also made a few good saves aswell but lets ignore that and pretend he really doesnt want to play football and really hates it when Shay is out.

had some excellent moments, kept us in the game at times. obviously it was a huge fuck up for their goal like.

Dipstick Nut, tbh.

Well balanced argument there.

Dipstick Nut, tbh.

Well balanced argument there.

You criticise the British players here because we're traditionally less patient with the foreigners(which I dislike, too.) Well balanced argument there.

Would you expect a keeper in the premiership to make saves in a match, or concede them all?

I dont think Harper made any brilliant saves on Sat, all pretty routine. The 'camera' save was the one in the second half, diving to his left, where he parried it straight back out into the danger zone, and one of their strikers almost knocked in the rebound.

No I don't. I criticise Harper because I think he's a crap keeper.

You still going to ignore the saves he made?

He's a goalkeeper. He's meant to make saves. None of them were exactly top-class.

I thought the one he touched onto the bar was quality.

He's a goalkeeper. He's meant to make saves. None of them were exactly top-class.

A goalkeeper coming out to narrow the angle deflecting a shot onto the bar. That was basic elementary goalkeeping. A League Two keeper could do that.

A goalkeeper coming out to narrow the angle deflecting a shot onto the bar. That was basic elementary goalkeeping. A League Two keeper could do that.

:rolleyes:

Mark Crossley made about 8 genuine top-class saves against us for Fulham a couple of years back. Does this make him a great keeper?

Mark Crossley made about 8 genuine top-class saves against us for Fulham a couple of years back. Does this make him a great keeper?

Eh? Did I say Harper is a great keeper? :idiot2:

No you didn't, but you made a stupid smiley when I said a League Two keeper could have made the save Harper made on Saturday. Doesn't mean they're still not crap though.

I posted that stupid smilie because that's what that post deserved, tbh.

No you didn't, but you made a stupid smiley when I said a League Two keeper could have made the save Harper made on Saturday. Doesn't mean they're still not crap though.

So are you saying that no average keeper would have saved that?

No. But that means fuck all.

No. But that means f*** all.

How? Read the last 12-14 posts on here, and have a f*cking word with yourself man.

No. But that means f*** all.

How? Read the last 12-14 posts on here, and have a f*cking word with yourself man.

Every goalkeeper makes a good save from time to time. I'm not judging Harper's ability on those saves.

I've seen enough of him to say that he's a good keeper, definitly for a back-up at least.