Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team?

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Personally for me and I'm not being biased one bit, Fabregas is a truly outstanding talent, one of the best young players around but I'd still rather have a 19 year old Gazza in my team. Despite the fact he could pass the ball just as good as Fabregas and dominate a game just like him, Gazza had more in him which allowed him to ghost past people like they weren't there also culminated with the fact he scored a lot more goals than Fabregas did at the same age and is likely to do throughout his career.

On talent, Gazza had the advantage, but Fabregas will improve year on year, whereas Gazza didn't.

Fabregas is an amazing player. I've never seen a teenager play with such calm authority. His decision-making is so advanced.

Guest johnson293

To be honest, I haven't seen a lot of Fabregas, except from highlights on MOTD.

However, I was one of those who saw a 18/19 year old Gascoigne play for Newcastle (33 yr old now, started going to matches in 86/87)

And though a lot of the memories are from his time at Spurs, and his England career, I would love to have 'that' Gascoigne in the team now.

Just a shame he went the way of many of those 'geniuses' and let the lifestyle overtake his career. I fear he'll end up being remembered more for his off-pitch and post career antics, than most of the things he did on it. :'(

MJ

I saw Gazza play at SJP as a kid a lot (strangely enough, given my football proclivities) and I'm still to see a better young player since.

However, I don't know how he'd fare in today's game, football has changed a lot since then