Sib earns new deal?

Mr. Snrub

One year extension as a reward for his efforts would have been enough. 2 years is just insanity.

I think his pay packet will be enough of a reward, he's done better than I expected with the number of goals scored and I've been impressed with his willingness to run, he's got no class though, he's a slogger who has done a very good job.

If we need to reward his goals then give him a bonus not an extra 2 years, I bet it's an improved contract.

Shows our complete lack of ambition...

Bramble next for a 4yr contract. Meaning he'll have been at the club 9 years, causing heart attacks to 52k every weekend.

We have to get used to the fact NOW, that we arent gonna make any decent signings next summer, and not all hype it up that we are.

1 year maximum. Semi-decent backup is desperately needed in most positions atm (that includes midfield, what with players like Duff and Pattison being horrendous).

Guest Ridzuan

As much as I agree that Sibierski earn the new deal,I dont think he will be good enough to bring the team forward for the next couple of season or so.I think the reason why we are offering him a 2 year extension is because we are lack of funds and therefore,we will have to rely of Sib if we cant get any strikers during the next few transfer windows.

This must be why Roeder has kept his powder dry in the Jan transfer window, so he can afford to offer a two year extension to Sibi. More bullshit transfer talk from Roeder. Souness' whinings and moanings bout the injuries are beginning to sound better than Roeder's lies.

Dyer still gets on my tits, he literally doesn't have a position. I'm not going to let 15 or so decent games overshadow all his s*** performances in the past, which included upfront. He's done better up with Martins than he has with other strikers, but he's still a headless chicken. Runs all day, does very little.

This season included, Ally?

Kieron Dyer is a key figure in our revival this season, and has consequently brought on the performances of other players - notably Martins. Martins, since the return of Dyer, has scored 8 goals. As apposed to the three that he scored in the two/three months before Dyer's return. I'm not saying all of those Martins goals involve Dyer, but it's a knock-on effect. Initially, they all did, and this has improved Oba's confidence and appetite in general.

Plus, in the past, whenever he has been fit, Kieron Dyer has generally been a key player for us - and never a bad player. Unfortunately for him in the Bobby days, we had lots of quality players, and you could say that he was overshadowed.

Key player and one of our best, in my opinion!

Sorry, can't have that. He hasn't done that much to draw MArtins into the game!

Martins would benefit from playing alongsode a good striker, not just someone who is quick with the ball at their feet but provides little else in the medium/long term.

As for Sibierski, what is all this absolute shite about him "earning" a 1 year extension?? No,he hasn't. He has done pretty well for us when required, thus earning his CURRENT salary. He's done no more than this. The fact that this idiot Roeder is talking about a 2 year deal just shows how out of his depth this certinous, pathetic, talentless manager is.

Guest Gemmill

Ridiculous.  The bloke isn't good enough, simple as that.  We (and in particular, Roeder) have been incredibly lucky that he's been a successful stop-gap, but that's all he should ever have been.  Let him go in the summer ffs.

Dyer still gets on my tits, he literally doesn't have a position. I'm not going to let 15 or so decent games overshadow all his s*** performances in the past, which included upfront. He's done better up with Martins than he has with other strikers, but he's still a headless chicken. Runs all day, does very little.

This season included, Ally?

Kieron Dyer is a key figure in our revival this season, and has consequently brought on the performances of other players - notably Martins. Martins, since the return of Dyer, has scored 8 goals. As apposed to the three that he scored in the two/three months before Dyer's return. I'm not saying all of those Martins goals involve Dyer, but it's a knock-on effect. Initially, they all did, and this has improved Oba's confidence and appetite in general.

Plus, in the past, whenever he has been fit, Kieron Dyer has generally been a key player for us - and never a bad player. Unfortunately for him in the Bobby days, we had lots of quality players, and you could say that he was overshadowed.

Key player and one of our best, in my opinion!

Sorry, can't have that. He hasn't done that much to draw MArtins into the game!

Martins would benefit from playing alongsode a good striker, not just someone who is quick with the ball at their feet but provides little else in the medium/long term.

I'm not saying that Kieron Dyer is the ideal, long-term partner for Martins.

However, i can't see how anyone can deny that Dyer has brought on Martins' performances this season.

Sibbe another year. definitive!

But I agree with a lot of you. Sibbe is not a player you build a top 4 team, or even top 6. But with our thin squad and with our more alarming defence problems that must augment first, Sibbes contract is great.

When Roeder and co get more between the heads and straighten the defence Sibbe must go.

But Sibbe is not only the problem. Becuase as long we have Ramage, Pattison, O`Brien, Baba, Carr and Bramble even near the team we won´t climb the table.

Guest newcastle4life

Will never be a top class  first team player but deserves a extension because of his performances and could still be cover their players that need sorted out first.