Next 5 Fixtures are crucial to the season

Guest ToonGeneral

We have the potential to win all of those games although it is unlikely. I think we'll definitely win the home games against the Boro and City. The Chartlon and Sheff United games we should win but probably wont and the Wigan game at a stretch is also winnable.

Possiblility of 15 out of a possible 15 there and to win the next five on the bounce would really boost the confidence and would surely put us in the Top 6. More realistically, I think we'll manage 10 points.

I think we're actually capable of winning all five, but football isn't like that of course. I don't think Charlton or Man City have got anything to hurt us with. Sheff U we're now strong enough not to be intimidated by. Boro and Wigan will be close, but they'll struggle to handle the pace of Martins and Dyer. So I say four wins and a draw.

All depends on the defence, because we can open the oppostion up. If the back four play like they did in the second half on Saturday, it'll take a good side to beat us.

Wigan (A)  - LOSS

Middlesbrough (H) WIN

Charlton (A) WIN

Man City (H) WIN

Sheff Utd (A) LOSS

9 out of 15. I think weve gotta aim for 10 out of the 15, and this would be a good return (ie defeat in only one of those 5)

Guest Deep456

We can't get ahead of ourselves here, a week ago at Fulham the majority were calling for Roeders head, now 1 win over Liverpool at we're gonna win our next lot of games on the bounce.

We are still very inconsistent and we could easily lose all 3 of thoses away games, Wigan will be  tough, as will Sheffield utd.

Charlton seem to improving under Curbishley as well. You can never tell with NUFC as we have had so many false dawns this season.

Yeh curbs what a man. Managing two clubs at the same time and both are in the relagation, talk about a hero.

I see 7 points from that.

L, W, D, W, L?

Wigan - Loss

'Boro - Win

Charlton - Loss

Man City - Win

Sheff Utd - Draw

Newcastle have issues, I know.

Hate to say it but i agree we've rode our luck abit this season

Just been looking at our next couple of league fixtures and they all seem winnable. A few are quite tricky but there is every chance we could come up with a good result in all of them.

How does everyone think these games will go?

Wigan (A) --> Draw

Middlesbrough (H) --> Win

Charlton (A) --> Win

Man City (H) --> Win

Sheff Utd (A) --> Draw

so that's 11 points in the bag. not much help in moving up the table, but will definitely keep us in the Top7 come April.

Guest nufc_geordie

A possibility of 15 points but I can only see us getting 6 points from the two home wins vs Man City and the Smog Mongsters. Wigan are playing better and if they play like they did against Arsenal they will beat us. Sheff Utd will out scrap us on their own patch and Pardew has got Charlton playing much better, with results of 1-0 and 2-0 against the Mancs and Chelsea respectively, they will win again soon.