St James' Park

Delima

Listening to people on the street, it's clear that some aren't even football fans as well, they're saying why should some f***ing southerner change the name of something which is part of the city, forget about football being played there, forget about football, what right does some thick fat b****** have the right to change the name of something in OUR CITY where we live? Something that is also the most iconic part of the city.

Because he's a successful business man who had the money to buy the club and we didn't.

He has the right because he bought it lock stock and barrel.

You might be from Newcastle but he has the receipt.

Of course that doesn't mean he should or that I agree with the decision I think it stinks.

Statement re the renaming of St James' Park

Cabinet Member for Quality of Life, Coun Henri Murison, said: “The name of St James’ Park has been synonymous with Newcastle United football club and the city for more than 130 years.

“It is recognised around the world and the decision to change it, without consultation, will upset the overwhelming majority of fans who loyally support the team week in and week out.

“While I understand the commercial reasons for renaming sports venues when they relocate, this is not the case in this instance, and some things are beyond profit when they mean so much to people.

“The football club is part of the beating heart of the city, and while the council values its relationship with the club, it has no plans to change any existing wayfinding signs which bear the name St James’ Park.

“As far as the fans and Newcastle City Council are concerned, the home of Newcastle United will always be known as St James’ Park.”

http://www.newcastle.gov.uk/news-story/statement-re-renaming-st-james-park

These quotes from Llambias sicken me:

"I would hope to generate between £8m-10m a year, that will give us another player," Llambias told BBC Newcastle.

"To compete we need to go further, we've had a fantastic start."

"We need to give ourselves as much of a chance as possible."

This is all just bullshit to keep the fans quiet. Does he really expect us to believe we will get £10 million for this? We know it will stay as the Sports Direct Arena. Also if a miracle happens and they do sell the rights, does he really expect us to believe the money will go on players? What, like it did with the Carroll money? All this shit about using the money to get players so we can compete is just drivel to get some of the fans on side. This clown cannot be trusted, just look at his quotes 2 years ago for proof of that. Also this quote was interesting:

"The fans want us to buy more players, we need a new striker in January, we'll need replacements in the summer"

Replacements in the summer?

How much do you think the shirt sponsor and stadium naming is likely to bring in?

Cabinet Member for Quality of Life, Coun Henri Murison, said: “The name of St James’ Park has been synonymous with Newcastle United football club and the city for more than 130 years.

“It is recognised around the world and the decision to change it, without consultation, will upset the overwhelming majority of fans who loyally support the team week in and week out.

“While I understand the commercial reasons for renaming sports venues when they relocate, this is not the case in this instance, and some things are beyond profit when they mean so much to people.

“The football club is part of the beating heart of the city, and while the council values its relationship with the club, it has no plans to change any existing wayfinding signs which bear the name St James’ Park.

“As far as the fans and Newcastle City Council are concerned, the home of Newcastle United will always be known as St James’ Park.”

Excellent.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Nice :)

"I would hope to generate between £8m-10m a year, that will give us another player," Llambias told BBC Newcastle.

This is all just bullshit to keep the fans quiet. Does he really expect us to believe we will get £10 million for this? We know it will stay as the Sports Direct Arena. Also if a miracle happens and they do sell the rights, does he really expect us to believe the money will go on players? What, like it did with the Carroll money? All this shit about using the money to get players so we can compete is just drivel to get some of the fans on side. This clown cannot be trusted, just look at his quotes 2 years ago for proof of that. Also this quote was interesting:

"The fans want us to buy more players, we need a new striker in January, we'll need replacements in the summer"

How much do you think the shirt sponsor and stadium naming is likely to bring in?

We'll have to wait and see with the shirt sponsor. The stadium name though, I expect the same amount of money the club received for the last 2 years of naming rights - nothing.

We'll have to wait and see with the shirt sponsor. The stadium name though, I expect the same amount of money the club received for the last 2 years of naming rights - nothing.

That doesn't make sense.

The club are selling both as a package, so how much do you think it will bring in combined?

I've no idea how much it will bring in, why don't you enlighten me. Also, do you think Ashley actually has plans to sell the naming rights? He changed the name before and said he would showcase it for 1 season, that was 2 years ago and in that time he has covered SJP is Sports Direct advertising and the name remained The sportsdirect.com @ St James' Park stadium.

I've no idea how much it will bring in, why don't you enlighten me. Also, do you think Ashley actually has plans to sell the naming rights? He changed the name before and said he would showcase it for 1 season, that was 2 years ago and in that time he has covered SJP is Sports Direct advertising and the name remained The sportsdirect.com @ St James' Park stadium.

You were the one saying we won't get £10 million so I wanted to know what you thought we would get.

Nobody wanted it last time because *****@St James' Park is awful, offering up a package and a shirt sponsoring deal makes sense for the sponsor, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if a new sponsor is already in place and asked for the full name as part of the package.

If we get £8 million it will be excellent.

You were the one saying we won't get £10 million so I wanted to know what you thought we would get.

Nobody wanted it last time because *****@St James' Park is awful, offering up a package and a shirt sponsoring deal makes sense for the sponsor, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if a new sponsor is already in place and asked for the full name as part of the package.

If we get £125 billion in, that'd be even more excellent.

Unfortunately, neither is going to happen, so it's a cow's opinion.

If we get £125 billion in, that'd be even more excellent.

Unfortunately, neither is going to happen, so it's a cow's opinion.

We'll soon find out won't we. :)

Why would it be excellent if we get £8 million?