Robinho > Spurs

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

Messi plays in the shadow of Ronaldinho at Barca, if he was at basically any other club he would be recognised as a world beater already. BUT, I think playing in Ronnies shadow for a year or two will help his development along no end.

No doubt he's better than Robinho.

Guest Knightrider

I think Leo Messi will prove to be a better player than Robinho, can already beat his man better than most, he doesn't get mentioned as much as Robinho though, he's only 19 aswell.

Messi for me will always be prone to spells out with injuries which will seriously effect his career ala Michael Owen who was a similar player at the age of 18, although with less ball skills and technical flair. He's already picked up a few niggly injuries and whenever I watch him, he always seems to take a kick or two which in time will take toll on his small frame. Another similar player to be effected by knocks picked up is the equally talented Pablo Aimar. Some players are like that, Dyer, Robben, while the likes of Fabregas et al seem tough as oak.

Messi is 3 years younger than Robinho and already a better player.

His low centre of gravity, superb balance, great acceleration and excellent ball control mean he can jink past players in tight spaces. He reminds me a little bit of Paul Gascoigne. The problem with this is it does invite tackles. He wins a lot of free kicks but his legs seem to take a lot of punishment in the process. I guess Messi's only weakness is that he could chip in with a few more goals for a player in his position, but looking at his age it's not a major concern.

I think Messi would be far more likely to succeed in England because he's got an intelligent footballing brain, as well as being a crowd pleaser. Too much of what Robinho does is very individual and while it looks pretty, doesn't have enough end product. He's 22 and still needs quite a bit of football education but the raw ingredients are there, he has superb skill.

Messi for me will always be prone to spells out with injuries which will seriously effect his career ala Michael Owen who was a similar player at the age of 18, although with less ball skills and technical flair. He's already picked up a few niggly injuries and whenever I watch him, he always seems to take a kick or two which in time will take toll on his small frame. Another similar player to be effected by knocks picked up is the equally talented Pablo Aimar. Some players are like that, Dyer, Robben, while the likes of Fabregas et al seem tough as oak.

I suppose that's because Fabregas plays in the centre and his game is far more about orchestrating play than running at defenders all day, teasing and taunting them and inviting challenges.

Messi plays in the shadow of Ronaldinho at Barca, if he was at basically any other club he would be recognised as a world beater already. BUT, I think playing in Ronnies shadow for a year or two will help his development along no end.

Best young player in the world is Leo, only player I've ever seen who Chelsea could not handle one bit.

Best young player in the world is Leo, only player I've ever seen who Chelsea could not handle one bit.

Totally correct.

Guest Knightrider

I suppose that's because Fabregas plays in the centre and his game is far more about orchestrating play than running at defenders all day, teasing and taunting them and inviting challenges.

True, but being in the centre he has to deal with a lot of traffic and I've seen him take some batterings since breaking into the Arsenal team. Messi is a great talent though and hopefully he'll not get any bad injuries, the game needs players like him.