Latest Bellamy rumour.

Baggio

From the Oxford English Dictionary: "Reply: say or write something in response to something said or written." Keep digging though :razz:

Tbf I don't think he was replying, but commenting...

In this context, what's the difference?

From the Oxford English Dictionary: "Reply: say or write something in response to something said or written." Keep digging though :razz:

There probably isn't one, but in all honesty if I were to rule on this you would lose.....just...Offers of free Beer might reverse this mind. :smitten:

Guest icemanblue

I suggest you look up 'reply' :)

Putting more thought and valuble time into interpreting your post, I have also been drawn to the possiblility that I think you might actually be referring to the process by which my words came to the screen.

But you see, I did not press 'reply', I pressed the button labled 'quote', and susequently the form element labeled 'post' which submitted my missive to the remote machine.

And so, even in the most abstract sense there was no 'reply'.

I hope you can learn from this lesson and grow into at least a gentleman, for I fear that as a scholar you may have already missed the mark.

Arf.

A reply is a response to something said or written tbh.

I think that before you butchered that dictionary definition, it was meant to read "To give an answer or response in speech or writing".

In the truest sense, I did neither.

I didn't have to look it up. Unlike you it would seem :razz:

I simply cannot comprehend the audacity it must take to wave that tongue at me while you continue to revel face down in a barrel brimful of ignorance. Getting things wrong does not deserve a little dance just because you claim to have managed the feat without the use of a dictionary.

Amen to that.

There probably isn't one, but in all honesty if I were to rule on this you would lose.....just...Offers of free Beer might reverse this mind. :smitten:

Seething about the 9/11 thread on TT tbh. I'm taking the OED definition over your's and numbnuts' though :razz:

I suggest you look up 'reply' :)

Putting more thought and valuble time into interpreting your post, I have also been drawn to the possiblility that I think you might actually be referring to the process by which my words came to the screen.

But you see, I did not press 'reply', I pressed the button labled 'quote', and susequently the form element labeled 'post' which submitted my missive to the remote machine.

And so, even in the most abstract sense there was no 'reply'.

I hope you can learn from this lesson and grow into at least a gentleman, for I fear that as a scholar you may have already missed the mark.

Arf.

A reply is a response to something said or written tbh.

I think that before you butchered that dictionary definition, it was meant to read "To give an answer or response in speech or writing".

In the truest sense, I did neither.

I didn't have to look it up. Unlike you it would seem :razz:

I simply cannot comprehend the audacity it must take to wave that tongue at me while you continue to revel face down in a barrel brimful of ignorance. Getting things wrong does not deserve a little dance just because you claim to have managed the feat without the use of a dictionary.

Amen to that.

.....and the way he constructs his sentences with the initmated use of the sotto voce is to die for.......

Seething about the 9/11 thread on TT tbh. I'm taking the OED definition over your's and numbnuts' though :razz:

...as well you might sweetie..

There! There you go with that tongue again! I hope you forever trip on it in the same manner as you continue to stumble towards any semblance of an worthwhile arguement.

If I comment to a friend how unacceptably dire I found the column in the Times to be this morning, would you class that as a 'reply'?

I gravely suspect that you might.

I and the rest of humanity however, would not.

:razz:

There! There you go with that tongue again! I hope you trip on it in the same manner as you continue to stumble towards any semblance of an worthwhile arguement.

If I comment to a friend how unacceptably dire I found the column in the Times to be this morning, would you class that as a 'reply'? I gravely suspect that you might.

mackems.gif

Sorry Alex but he does rather have you here. I understand to be undone by a novice in these matters surely does not sit well.......

There! There you go with that tongue again! I hope you trip on it in the same manner as you continue to stumble towards any semblance of an worthwhile arguement.

If I comment to a friend how unacceptably dire I found the column in the Times to be this morning, would you class that as a 'reply'? I gravely suspect that you might.

That's different example, with a different context though. If you respond to a post on a forum, quoting that post directly. It would count as a reply. That's taking the strict OED definition, rather than your's, of course. :razz:

Guest Gemmill

There! There you go with that tongue again! I hope you forever trip on it in the same manner as you continue to stumble towards any semblance of an worthwhile arguement.

If I comment to a friend how unacceptably dire I found the column in the Times to be this morning, would you class that as a 'reply'?

I gravely suspect that you might.

I don't like to butt in, but to better place things in context:  if you responded directly, and in writing, to the column, I think it could reasonably be considered in reply.

:razz: :razz: :razz:

That's different example, with a different context though. If you respond to a post on a forum, quoting that post directly. It would count as a reply. That's taking the strict OED definition, rather than your's, of course. :razz:

Why do you so passionately make demands on me?

I referenced your post, but that is all. You are like a young man pining for attention claiming that the Prefects button that I placed on another boys breast was actually meant for your own.

My commentary was aimed at others and at no point did I address you directly, and (by the sweet Gods of antiquity) if there was a button that laid my words open to everyones eyes but your own, for the trouble you have caused me I would have surely pressed it.

This is a threaded forum, not a nested forum, and in the future I would advise you to bear that in mind. :knuppel2:

Never mind Bellamy. I still can't get over the fact Keegan's left us...

Fuck's sake people, GET OVER IT!  :rolleyes:

Agreed. Don't start Bellamy threads if you don't want to talk about him, simple.  :thup:

I'm very happy not to see the issues raked up again and again, but as long as people continue to spout bollocks about his time here, his worth to the club and the manner of his departure, then forgive me for re-entering the argument.

Spot on really. When people stop posting such bollocks, for whatever agenda they have/or refusing to admit they were wrong when they supported his sale [like Gemmil, and one or two other usual culprits], then we will have nothing to correct them about.  ;D

A lot of Shepherd's biggest defenders are also Bellamy's. Spot the irony.

Spot the absurd generalisation.

I had exactly the same thought but couldn't be arsed to reply, tbh.

A generalisation it might be, but I would say it covers you and NE5 tbf.

Alex and boo boo probably cover you, sunshine.  ^-^

Weren't you rebuking Gemmill for not making sensible posts two pages ago? Spot the irony :razz:

howay man Alex, stop defending your sister !!!

BANTER

:coolsmiley:

Guest Gemmill

Agreed. Don't start Bellamy threads if you don't want to talk about him, simple.  :thup:

I'm very happy not to see the issues raked up again and again, but as long as people continue to spout bollocks about his time here, his worth to the club and the manner of his departure, then forgive me for re-entering the argument.

Spot on really. When people stop posting such bollocks, for whatever agenda they have/or refusing to admit they were wrong when they supported his sale [like Gemmil, and one or two other usual culprits], then we will have nothing to correct them about.  ;D

Still seemingly oblivious to the fact that your poster boy, Mr. Shepherd, sanctioned and fully supported the sale of Bellamy. 

Still seemingly oblivious to the fact that your poster boy, Mr. Shepherd, sanctioned and fully supported the sale of Bellamy. 

supported his manager, Gemma baby, which is what chairmen are supposed to do.

The fact that YOU said he SHOULD support his manager in this matter, and I said he should sack him though ..... means of course you should be congratulating him for making a "good" decision

HTL in gay jibes overdrive :lol: Must have seen at least half a dozen in the last 2 days! :)

Gejon making yet another worthless post. Must have seen at least 1000 since it joined the forum. ;)

Sorry homophobe ;)

1001 and counting......

Guest Gemmill

The fact that YOU said he SHOULD support his manager in this matter, and I said he should sack him though ..... means of course you should be congratulating him for making a "good" decision

Sounds to me like he's fucking up left, right and centre in your eyes though.  So why the continued, seemingly blind support for the man?

f***'s sake people, GET OVER IT!  :rolleyes:

Sounds to me like he's f****** up left, right and centre in your eyes though.  So why the continued, seemingly blind support for the man?

More to the point, why the lies from you?