Hitzfeld

alpal78

Guest Invicta_Toon

Did magnificently well to turn Madrid over two legs. Bayern will go far in the CL under his guidance, won't be surprise if they actually win it. Can't believe so many Toon fans wanted O'Neil over Hitzfeld, laughable really  mackems.gif

If you'd made a better banner I'm sure he would have come

Did magnificently well to turn Madrid over two legs. Bayern will go far in the CL under his guidance, won't be surprise if they actually win it. Can't believe so many Toon fans wanted O'Neil over Hitzfeld, laughable really  mackems.gif

Didn't O'Neill knock out Frank Rijkaard's Barcelona a few years back?

How do you know we didn't try and he just simply told us to f*ck off?

The horses mouth although he could have done something after this.  Do you think that he did approach him?

Didn't he also say Roeder wouldn't be permanent manager? How do we know that he didn't offer him, got knocked back, so said that he wouldn't make an approach to spare his blushes? Fact is, no-one knows except the Fatman & Hitz.

Didn't he also say Roeder wouldn't be permanent manager? How do we know that he didn't offer him, got knocked back, so said that he wouldn't make an approach to spare his blushes? Fact is, no-one knows except the Fatman & Hitz.

True.

Fatman & Hitz.  bluelaugh.gif It sounds like the name of a TV programme.

That said, I'm chuffed Ottmar returned and proved the utter morons (you know who you are) wrong that thought because he'd been out of the game for about 3 years, he'd suddenly lost all his talent and skills to manage a top football side.

Did anybody actually say that?

There was a few actually, mate. Probably over blown it, I'm not claiming everyone said it, or that even a majority said it, but I do remember a portion saying it. One that stuck in my mind was, "he's almost as old as Robson, he's lost it, that's why no other top team wants him" or words to that effect. It was just that kind of uninformed opinion that riled me up during that time. They saw a foreigner, and made any length of excuses (good or bad) to make sure we never entertained the idea of approaching him.

There was a few actually, mate.  Probably over blown it, I'm not claiming everyone said it, or that even a majority said it, but I do remember a portion saying it.  One that stuck in my mind was, "he's almost as old as Robson, he's lost it, that's why no other top team wants him" or words to that effect.  It was just that kind of uninformed opinion that riled me up during that time.  They saw a foreigner, and made any length of excuses (good or bad) to make sure we never entertained the idea of approaching him.

He's not doing too bad since taking the job on, they were 12 points behind the league leaders when he was given it, it'll be down to 4 points if Bayern win tomorrow and they're in QF of the Champions League and have a good chance of reaching the semi-final.  It'll be intereesting to see what happens at the end of the season when they start talking about an extended contract, they want him to stay for another couple of years.

Can't believe how self-congratulatory you're being over a straw man argument, but there you go.

To be honest, don't even need straw man's argument for this, the evidence if there for all to see, it's pretty self evident except for the deluded few (including the 'fan' who took off my banner at St James coz he didn't want a Gorman managing us.

Can't believe how self-congratulatory you're being over a straw man argument, but there you go.

To be honest, don't even need straw man's argument for this, the evidence if there for all to see, it's pretty self evident except for the deluded few (including the 'fan' who took off my banner at St James coz he didn't want a Gorman managing us.

I must have missed the oneillforthetoon campaign.

He has just signed a one year extension with Bayern...

Good to see him continuing. I thought he would be straight back to his media work but he seems to have found his appetite again. Hell, maybe if he is not deemed past it and we are not riding as high as we might, he could be persuaded to try his hand over here in the Premiership.

Go on, would be worth putting a few grand on that.

/I know some Asian businessmen who could give you some great odds. O0