Bernard back in reserve squad

Skirge

If he wasn't a panic buy, why was he signed the day after the transfer window closed? He'd been a free agent for while.

He was not a panic BUY because he was FREE :D

:lol: Panic signing then :razz:

mackems.gif

Well I think if we had bought a leftback then yeah we would not have taken Bernard back, thing is though he was a decent player not so long ago, are we so wrong to want to see him return to that?

It's taken six months so far and he's not been fit enough or good enough to hold down a regular reserve team place.

A long term hip injury though, its not like its been niggle after niggle, like Babayaro is out with allt he time.

If he wasn't a panic buy, why was he signed the day after the transfer window closed? He'd been a free agent for while.

He was not a panic BUY because he was FREE :D

:lol: Panic signing then :razz:

mackems.gif

Well I think if we had bought a leftback then yeah we would not have taken Bernard back, thing is though he was a decent player not so long ago, are we so wrong to want to see him return to that?

I'd love to see him return to that. I reckon he'll leave NUFC in the summer and fade into obscurity though. Would love to be proven wrong on that score and see him get back to the Bernard of old.

It's taken six months so far and he's not been fit enough or good enough to hold down a regular reserve team place.

A long term hip injury though, its not like its been niggle after niggle, like Babayaro is out with allt he time.

Wasn't he taking an age to get fit before that though?

Not sure why I should bother answering you, since as usual you fail to answer the whole post, instead selecting a portion that is not the point under discussion in an attempt to deflect the issue to something away from your embarrassment at being a supporter of Newcastle United.

There could be all kinds of reasons why 'x' player is signed on 'x' date that are nowt to do with panic. You can only sign a player who is available. The club may have wanted another LB but failed to make their first choice signing so they went for an alternative instead having given it the maximum time to get their man. With Babayaro, Duff and Zog on the clubs books who can all play LB there is no reason to panic. Why do you consider this a panic signing? Is it just the date on which he was signed?  mackems.gif

So, that's your deflection dealt with even though I'm not that interested in it. What I really care about is whether Bernard will make it or not, I'm not writing him off without more information and I'm not embarrassed that the club signed him. Unlike you.

Let's get back to the point, which is your embarrassment at Newcastle United for signing Bernard......

I was told it was a weight thing (lack of) that was keeping his fittness levels down, but he was still playing a few games. (I think)

Aye, but he was signed 1st September. He got injured (iirc) near the end of December/beginning of January. And, in that period, did he make the 1st team bench once? I don't think he did, despite all the injury problems (and lack of defenders) at the club.

Not sure why I should bother answering you, since as usual you fail to answer the whole post, instead selecting a portion that is not the point under discussion in an attempt to deflect the issue to something away from your embarrassment at being a supporter of Newcastle United.

There could be all kinds of reasons why 'x' player is signed on 'x' date that are nowt to do with panic. You can only sign a player who is available. The club may have wanted another LB but failed to make their first choice signing so they went for an alternative instead having given it the maximum time to get their man. With Babayaro, Duff and Zog on the clubs books who can all play LB there is no reason to panic.

So, that's your deflection dealt with even though I'm not that interested in it. What I really care about is whether Bernard will make it or not, I'm not writing him off without more information and I'm not embarrassed that the club signed him. Unlike you.

Let's get back to the point, which is your embarrassment at Newcastle United for signing Bernard......

I don't deny I'm embarrassed by it, so I fail to see your point.

Cheers.

Theres a difference between being embarrased to have signed a player, and embarrased to support the club, surely?

I'm proud to be a Newcastle fan, but spending about £17m on Luque and Boumsong is an embarrasing statistic, would you not agree?

Theres a difference between being embarrased to have signed a player, and embarrased to support the club, surely?

I'm proud to be a Newcastle fan, but spending about £17m on Luque and Boumsong is an embarrasing statistic, would you not agree?

Why don't you go and support your local club?

Bernard ha dnot played for a while when we got him, there was no way he was goign straight to the first team, but then got injured anyway.

Both Duff and Zoggy are no good at LB at all, no clue about the role. Well maybe Zog has some idea of the LB role but is far to light weight to play there.

Why don't you go and support your local club?

My local club (Boro) is well run with a good chairman, I wouldn't dream of it. :lol:

We did'nt need Duff really but at the price I think Roeder and Fred both thoguth it was worth a punt, he ha snot been worth it so far with injuries and poor form.

Do we sell or keep him? I say keep or we will just have to go and find another LW anyway.

Most important roles to fill are RB and CB . Sell Carr sell and Moore is leaving, We have Nobby and Taylor that can play at RB but it would be nice to have a top RB in and a new CB too. As for LB all we have is Baba and Bernard (maybe). So buy a LB then wait and see how Bernard does, if he makes it back to fittness and form before the end of this season or next Jan window then we can sell baba.

We still definitely need a left back tbh, have lost any faith in Bernard getting fit and back to what he was and Baba will always have problems. We need to finally sort it out rather than keep waiting and hoping!

I wouldn't agree, no. They're poor signings and a waste of money but they're not embarrassing signings. Are you saying that every player we sign for a large fee who turns out shite for us makes you feel embarrassed? Perhaps the meaning of the word has changed.......