Dyer's best position in relation to the team?

Guest Knightrider
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

In relation to the team as we are now, CM or ACM.

In relation to NUFC if we were aiming to be genuine contenders for the 5th spot, then looking to push on, then he would have no place.

He's fit for purpose at the moment, but he's not a 'great' player - just a decent player in a poor team.

I disagree, thinking of the potential 5th place side I think Dyer would find a place in them and would probably find a place in the Liverpool side even if its on the left. Considering Fletcher gets a few games for ManU im sure Dyer would get a few more for them aswell.

Well, we'll have to agree to disagree, then, because i don't think Dyer is good enough. His end product by and large is poor.

I think his end product used to be poor but I would be interested to see his stats over the last 40 or so games he has played.

League only, but thats the most comparable to other players, i guess:

06/07 - 14 appearances; 4 goals; 8 shots; 2 assist; 7 crosses; 10 offside

05/06 - 11 appearances; 0 goals; 2 shots; 1 assist; 3 crosses; 9 offside

04/05 - 23 appearances; 4 goals; 14 shots; 0 assist; 9 crosses; 2 offside.

Overall - 48 apps; 8 goals; 24 shots; 3 assists; 19 crosses; 21 offside.

Although not his best position I think he is also handy on the left, he knows his limitations when it comes to crossing so tends to cut inside and this is exactly what the full backs don't want.

Although not his best position I think he is also handy on the left, he knows his limitations when it comes to crossing so tends to cut inside and this is exactly what the full backs don't want.

Aye, but then thats really predictable and a good full back will just put him onto his left foot and he'll be wasted.

Aye, but then thats really predictable and a good full back will just put him onto his left foot and he'll be wasted.

Which we've seen with Dyer. And Duff on the right.