Our Left Wing

Guest nyscooby

Guest nyscooby

Short and sweet, its seldom discussed how bare we are on the lft side.

Duff, poor

Zog, loosing form

Babayaro, winger or defender, who can tell

Seems were becomming a vey predictable "one trick pony" in the EPL and its reflected in our league position.

With only weeks to go, why not sell Duff and Zoggy? get some decent cash and buy some experience?

I can only drean how much better we'd be now if we never sold Speed.... (not left side but you get the idea)

Roll on 07/08 season......

Guest leon b

i think having a solid left back would solve the potency on our left side.

Chelsea have bridge or cole that get up and down and help the wide me, as do man u with evra and arsenal with clichy.

our wingers need more support!!!

Guest anthony118

Give Duff a chance - the last couple of games he's been coming back into form after injury, same with Zog. And we definitely need a strong left back to be able to overlap and give the winger some support - and that left back is not Babayaro.

A quality left back is the answer and the majority of people were quite happy when we got rid of Speed because towards the end of his Toon career he was playing nothing like he has been at Bolton. They are more suited to him at this stage of his career.

Duff, poor

Zog, loosing form

Babayaro, winger or defender, who can tell

Seems were becomming a vey predictable "one trick pony" in the EPL and its reflected in our league position.

With only weeks to go, why not sell Duff and Zoggy? get some decent cash and buy some experience?

I can only drean how much better we'd be now if we never sold Speed.... (not left side but you get the idea)

What?

Guest JamesD

Duff, poor  more poor form then poor.  He's shown glimpses of his past quality, and is worth holding onto.  Aslo you'd be hard pressed to find a winger with as much pedigree as him who would be available

Zog, loosing form  He's been a bit of a letdown, but i still don't think he's been horrible.  Certainly not as productive as last year, but definetly able to reproduce that form.  He's young, and if anyone deserves our time, it's him.

Babayaro, winger or defender, who can tell Certainly no winger, and I think is a scapegoat for much of our problems.  We definetly need a new left back, but is better than most on here would have you think

Guest TampaToon

duff & zog, despite coming back from significant knee injuries and presently being far from their best, are not the issue....if you put solano at LB, it would immediately become the more dangerous side.  we need a left back that can get up the field, create space for the LM, and distribute the ball intelligently.

on his better days, baba can do that, but he doesn't have very many of those.

are you familiar with the transfer window by any chance?

Guest Stephen927

Our left wingers would play a lot better with a genuine left back behind them, not some lad fresh out of the academy playing out of position.

Guest nyscooby

"are you familiar with the transfer window by any chance?"

many a player is sold long before the transfer window is opened........

start the ball rolling now and get shot quick.

last night was an example of why my post is relevant.

long ball tactics gone wrong.