This Is The Scariest Summer Ever!

KaKa

:undecided:

Roeder's contract is up right? Was it just one year?

If so what the hell do we do? If we get rid, it will mean bringing in another manager who will probably need a bit of time to evaluate the team and decide what players he wants etc etc. So in effect next season might pretty much be a wash out too!

If we keep Roeder he will have to shoulder the responsibility of totally re-building this team and we don't know if he will have the clout or the pull to get it done. also, will Shepherd have enough confidence in him to back him completely?

This summer could be terrifying...

Rather get in some real proven managerial qualtiy than let Roeder take this club even further away from where we need to be. He's stabilised it since he took over from Sou***s (who I strongly believe would have relegated us), but he's not going to be able to take us any further on, in my eyes. No evidence he could whatsoever.

Guest LucaAltieri

Keep Roeder but limit his funds, bide our time until the right manager becomes available. Roeder isn't going to get us relegated, so its just as case of steadying the ship until we find ourselves in a situation where we can drive forward. Step one is to get the players fit and keep them fit. Try and develop some team spirit, get some competition for places, maybe bring in a couple of squad players on the cheap, ditch the deadwood.

Any suggestions on who we ought to bring in though?

Just a few months ago some were clamouring for the likes of Stuart Pearce and Martin O'neill!!!

I honestly can't think of any managers who I feel 100% certain will come in and definitely transform things...

Keep Roeder...for now at least. As KaKa says, he's stablised the club. The last thing we want is a kneejerk reaction and we end up with someone far far worse, and for all that a lot of people are criticising Roeder, I think he's a much better option than Souness was. Unless we have a clear idea of who we want in place, leave Roeder where he is, but I think treading water/stabilising is about all he can do. We won't push on under him.

Keep Roeder...for now at least. As KaKa says, he's stablised the club. The last thing we want is a kneejerk reaction and we end up with someone far far worse, and for all that a lot of people are criticising Roeder, I think he's a much better option than Souness was. Unless we have a clear idea of who we want in place, leave Roeder where he is, but I think treading water/stabilising is about all he can do. We won't push on under him.

tbh he didnt..he is a shit manager and i am starting to wonder how many defeats will it take before people realiese that..

Guest assyriantoon

Keep Roeder but limit his funds, bide our time until the right manager becomes available. Roeder isn't going to get us relegated, so its just as case of steadying the ship until we find ourselves in a situation where we can drive forward. Step one is to get the players fit and keep them fit. Try and develop some team spirit, get some competition for places, maybe bring in a couple of squad players on the cheap, ditch the deadwood.

It fills me with anger to think that we had the opportunity to get a top coach in the summer. When is the next time we will be seventh place and in europe? Quite frankly we will not move forward until Shepherd is out.

Guest LucaAltieri

There's no one suitable available.... but we've got the players for the most part, on paper we're a good side. We just need someone who can get the players to perform. Fat Fred should be scouring all the leagues for a manager who's punching above his weight - even if he's doing it in a minor league somewhere, and we just sign him as a coach initially.

Duff, Parker, Dyer, Emre, Milner, N'Zogbia, Butt...

...all of those players have been proven quality at some point. We just need to get them back up to scratch.

Next season we've got Owen coming back to partner Martins... Ameobi and Le Sib (assuming he signs a new contract) are backup/offer somethin different upfront. Defence could use reenforcements.

Guest LucaAltieri

Bring in one top class centre half. It would work f****** wonders.

Agreed, one player can make the difference. Look at Chelsea minus Terry - crap at the back. But when Terry is back in the side they look far more solid.

We're not going to find another Terry terribly easily, but we need a better option than Parker for the captain's armband, peferably in the form of a commanding centre-half. I can't help thinking that if we'd had Big Al on the pitch tonight leading the way then we might be in the next round.

d

there's no quick fix available. let roeder go at the end of the season, and hope we've already done our homework about who is available/willing to come.

do you honestly believe fat fred thinks any further ahead then where his next pie is coming from

Guest elbee909

Here's scary - no European football; bye bye Michael Owen.

Owen is staying..

Sure, life's that simple.