Article on BBC Sport, Roeder Rubbish, Big Club?

Mowen

Guest Phil K
Suprising, i didn't think the BBC had the guts to publish an article like that.

As long as you aren't complaining about minorities or asylum seekers, or criticizing the politically correct tossers that infest the BBC like cockroaches in a dirty cafe, you can say what you want (the others ? Your "freedom of speech" suddenly disappears....)

I don't believe anyone, even you, believes that utter crap about losing the title because of Keegan shouting on TV.

For that alone, the post should be ignored for what it is. Which is what I posted earlier, that you haven't responded to, surprise surprise.

Youre talking the article too literally for your own convenience. Hes referring to us losing the title because Keegan lost the psychological battle with Fergie, something which plenty of sports writers, those within the game, and fans, all with far more knowledge and intellect than you, have always acknowledged as a major factor for our failure and the way we crumbled when it mattered.

I suggest you look at the facts. People with more knowledge than me ? Such as ? People who have watched NUFC more than me, or saw more of NUFC than during that season ? Who are these people. If you are referring to London journos, who make no secret of the fact they don't particularly like NUFC, then YOUR credibility is shot to shread for even considering what they print to have any value whatsoever. The simple fact is, people who follow the club, anyone who does, know a damn sight more about the club than shitbag London journos, and rather than you harp on about "intellect", my opinion is someone who has any intellect would not use such a stupid phrase in an article for a major broadcaster. And also, someone who has any intellect would not use it to attempt to show anything other than the fact it detracts from any quality and informed knowledge such an article may present. Basically, it shows it up to be complete crap, as I said.

I meant what I said. That one phrase tells me everything I need to know, the main 2 things being he hasn't got a clue about the club, not a clue about the real position at that time, and worst of the lot simply take pleasure in stabbing Newcastle in the back, as they like doing.

We all have opinions as to why we lost that lead, I have mine. And mine - and any NUFC supporter whether you agree with them or not - are more valid than someone who knows jackshit about the club.

Keegan couldnt take the pressure, and that outburst on live TV personified his inability to handle that pressure. So making reference to that somehow in your eyes means we all should ignore his ENTIRE article? But then, you know all this, you know what youre doing, its just another attempt to defend Shepherd using any nitpicked arguement you can lay your hands on.

you are joking, right ? WTF has it got to do with Shepherd ? Are you obsessed ?

I don't "defend" Shepherd BTW. I would defend Keegan though, as I am here. What I do regarding Shepherd is point out the obvious fact - well obvious to anyone who doesn't have their heads in the sand - that we could easily replace the current BOARD with one who has no ambition for the club and no real desire to do the best for it. This is not rocket science, nor defending anybody. Shame too, but I think many idiots who can't see this simply slate the board for no reason, does this escape you for some reason ?

You honestly do come across as an utterly ignorant and blind Shepherd lover, using any excuse you can possibly find to write off anyone or anything that comes close to criticising the man you love . Theres a difference between genuinely thinking this board is a good one despite its mistakes, and refusing to acknowledge ANY of its faults, which is just fanatical, and thats what you are. The question is, why? I know you love this board, but why defend it from every single criticism thrown at it, the vast majority of which are valid?

Anyway, I already know its a waste of time trying to talk to someone who is deaf, so what else in this "london scum's" article is there that means we should reject EVERYTHING hes written? Hasnt used punctuation correctly? Hasnt eaten at the same restaurants as you (assuming you ever have), so therefore his opinion isnt valid?

I don't give a toss how I come across, in my opinion people who slate the board for nothing and think we have a right to forever finish 2nd in the league are thick as 2 short planks. And the bit in bold is as bad, and as stupid, as the bit in the article. Being one of the people who soundly said from day 1 that Souness should be sacked and should not have been appointed in the first place, its a bit sad you either can't read or are stooping to making things up.

What restuarants do you eat in ? What a stupid comment, again. Grow up mate.

NE5/LeazesMag/Beermonster! :lol:

""bleed the club dry"...rubbish.

The club is the 3rd most spending in the premiership, that shows ambition.

If you disagree with ambition or potential, remember going to Wrexham,

Southend, Oldham, Tranmere, notts County....now were are expecting/demanding

to play in europe as a minimum, and sacking the manager if we don't ???

And you say they are "bleeding the club dry"....yeah right."

"We could always sell our best players like we used to do, or not bother

buying England players ? "

"how long have you supported the club ?

Or do you think we have always shown ambition to be among the top clubs, and

how many other clubs show the same ambition we do ....

"

"you've only supported the club since keegan haven't you ? " :lol: :lol: :lol:

Are you as desperate as thickmick to prove me wrong, and just as obsessed ?

mackems.gif

Why would I want to prove you wrong?

You've admitted copy and pasting other people's opinions, posts and threads and passing them off as your own, your credibility is zero.

zzzzzzzzzz

and how many games have you seen NUFC play  mackems.gif

How is the Villa, West Ham and Man City  "plans" going BTW ?  :lol: :lol:

"

mackems.gif

You've admitted copy and pasting other people's opinions, posts and threads and passing them off as your own, your credibility is zero.

zzzzzzzzzz

Ah! :lol: The old superfan debate!

I can't say I keep count but somewhere in the region of 150, btw did you copy and paste that from the beermonster?! :lol:

How are Bolton, Portsmouth, Reading, Spurs and Evertons plans going? all spent less than us too btw.

"

mackems.gif

zzzzzzzzzz

Ah! :lol: The old superfan debate!

I can't say I keep count but somewhere in the region of 150, btw did you copy and paste that from the beermonster?! :lol:

How are Bolton, Portsmouth, Reading, Spurs and Evertons plans going? all spent less than us too btw.

According to you, all you need is a "plan", so when are all these teams going to regularly qualify for europe over the span of a decade, unlike us because we don't have such a "plan"

If you sincerely think that all of these clubs will be above us for long, then I feel sorry for you.

According to you, all you need is a "plan", so when are all these teams going to regularly qualify for europe over the span of a decade, unlike us because we don't have such a "plan"

If you sincerely think that all of these clubs will be above us for long, then I feel sorry for you.

First of all I've never said all you need is a plan to get success, but if you fail to plan then the likely hood is you will fail, btw I don't remember having this conversation with you on here, I have however had it several times with Leazes Mag on toontastic but you've said you don't post over there so I'm not sure how you know about it.

Why is it these clubs won't be above us? Since Shepherd's been chairman an average of 8 clubs have finished higher than us every season, I haven't seen anything from the club to think that will change any time soon.

First of all I've never said all you need is a plan to get success, but if you fail to plan then the likely hood is you will fail, btw I don't remember having this conversation with you on here, I have however had it several times with Leazes Mag on toontastic but you've said you don't post over there so I'm not sure how you know about it.

Why is it these clubs won't be above us? Since Shepherd's been chairman an average of 8 clubs have finished higher than us every season, I haven't seen anything from the club to think that will change any time soon.

bluelaugh.gif

Only 4 clubs have qualified for europe more than us in the past decade, fact. Any team can have a one off, which is not consistent. The nearest team to challenge our average League position, which is the 5th highest, over that period, is Aston Villa, who currently are below us in the league despite appointing as manager the Irish wonder boy Martin O'Neill, who many people wanted at Newcastle. But Villa also, have a "plan".

mackems.gif

Only 4 clubs have qualified for europe more than us in the past decade, fact. Any team can have a one off, which is not consistent. The nearest team to challenge our average League position, which is the 5th highest, over that period, is Aston Villa, who currently are below us in the league despite appointing as manager the Irish wonder boy Martin O'Neill, who many people wanted at Newcastle. But Villa also, have a "plan".

mackems.gif

Good point, I don't think that's ever been discussed before, well done for bringing it to everybody’s attention.

Hold on, no I’m wrong, I think it probably has been discussed before.  It’s probably been mentioned that shitty Villa while under the control of shitty Doug Ellis actually finished above us more than we finished above them, do you agree?

How far down the league do we have to finish to fuck up your 5th best thing?

How many times have Bolton, Everton and the great Spuds qualified for europe in the last decade, despite their "plans" ? Not much, so quite a few I would imagine. And as I said, only Villa come close to our average position too.

How many times have Bolton, Everton and the great Spuds qualified for europe in the last decade, despite their "plans" ? Not much, so quite a few I would imagine. And as I said, only Villa come close to our average position too.

I was after a position, ideally.

mackems.gif

Good point, I don't think that's ever been discussed before, well done for bringing it to everybody’s attention.

Hold on, no I’m wrong, I think it probably has been discussed before.  It’s probably been mentioned that shitty Villa while under the control of shitty Doug Ellis actually finished above us more than we finished above them, do you agree?

I think I pointed out that they went from European Champions to relegation in a few years under Ellis, but as expected, and as usual, you ignored it as it didn't suit your "opinion".

I think I pointed out that they went from European Champions to relegation in a few years under Ellis, but as expected, and as usual, you ignored it as it didn't suit your "opinion".

:cheesy:

And I'm sure I pointed to you the league position when Ellis took over, did I not?  Where were they in the league when, no don't bother.

I don't know. I am aware the club needs a different manager to get back into the top 4 Dave. But I don't think replacing the board will necessarily bring improvement. And I also think its amazing how the players get away with the blame for playing shite when they do. One thing that does stand out, is the knee jerk reactions all the time. Its only a few weeks ago that Martins was the best thing since sliced bread. He isn't, and he isn't as good as some people make out. Scoring a few spectacular goals can't hide the fact that he has flaws in his game, that may improve with a better partner, and may not.

We don't know, but he needs a partner, badly.

I don't know. I am aware the club needs a different manager to get back into the top 4 Dave. But I don't think replacing the board will necessarily bring improvement. And I also think its amazing how the players get away with the blame for playing s**** when they do. One thing that does stand out, is the knee jerk reactions all the time. Its only a few weeks ago that Martins was the best thing since sliced bread. He isn't, and he isn't as good as some people make out. Scoring a few spectacular goals can't hide the fact that he has flaws in his game, that may improve with a better partner, and may not.

Did you not say that Shepherd should go if he got the next appointment wrong, just before appointing Roeder?

How far down the league do we have to finish to f*** up your 5th best thing?

Bump unanswered, avoided question.

blaming the players, dear Leazes, is like blaming your dick for being too small, while you're dying of prostate cancer..

haha...so you think when the players play poorly or don't put in effort, they are immune from blame  mackems.gif

Funniest thing I've read since almost everyone on here said that Luque and Boumsong would be good players [because they were expensive foreigners]

I don't know. I am aware the club needs a different manager to get back into the top 4 Dave. But I don't think replacing the board will necessarily bring improvement. And I also think its amazing how the players get away with the blame for playing s**** when they do. One thing that does stand out, is the knee jerk reactions all the time. Its only a few weeks ago that Martins was the best thing since sliced bread. He isn't, and he isn't as good as some people make out. Scoring a few spectacular goals can't hide the fact that he has flaws in his game, that may improve with a better partner, and may not.

Did you not say that Shepherd should go if he got the next appointment wrong, just before appointing Roeder?

dear old thickmick....you STILL think anyone would be better than the current board don't you ?

mackems.gif

Because - if you don't - then why suggest a replacement when you have NO idea who they would be ?

I see Fred left his shooting boots behind today ... as its all his fault