Where is our apology?

TêteDeMaure

Guest Knightrider

Vic you're a cantankerous twat like.

And a hysterical over reacting ranter to boot.

Eeh, lad  :lol:

Guest Invicta_Toon

maybe people will think twice before posting shite, I can't stand wading through ill thought out posts with zero logic and forethought, just emotional reactionary tartism

Guest Knightrider

maybe people will think twice before posting shite, I can't stand wading through ill thought out posts with zero logic and forethought, just emotional reactionary tartism

The irony :lol:

:thup:

Guest Invicta_Toon

Mary, Mary tbh. Very boring.

better than being a fucking brainless sheep posting the same mindless shite with zero thought put into it

I take it you agree with these useless sentiments then, don't expect a reply, don't want you to exercise yourself

better than being a fucking brainless sheep posting the same mindless shite with zero thought put into it

I take it you agree with these useless sentiments then, don't expect a reply, don't want you to exercise yourself

The only thought you ever put into a reply is "how can I disagree with this?".

Guest Invicta_Toon

The only thought you ever put into a reply is "how can I disagree with this?".

not much point posting if you agree with something now is there?

i know how Dave hates the 'this' post so much, not that there are very many sensible posts to agree with

if I have haven't posted in a thread, take it as agreement, or I'm not interested in the topic. Not rocket science is it?

Vic you're a cantankerous t*** like.

maybe people will think twice before posting s****, I can't stand wading through ill thought out posts with zero logic and forethought, just emotional reactionary tartism

Agreed,  What a ridiculous thread.  There is nothing the players could possibly do to please the people on this forum.

maybe people will think twice before posting s****, I can't stand wading through ill thought out posts with zero logic and forethought, just emotional reactionary tartism

Agreed,  What a ridiculous thread.  There is nothing the players could possibly do to please the people on this forum.

They could win a tie in which we twice have a three goal lead?

Just a thought.

They could win a tie in which we twice have a three goal lead?

Just a thought.

What, with a time machine?

This thread is about apologies after the game is it not?

Another apology

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/news/tm_headline=united-have-no-excuses%26method=full%26objectid=18768880%26siteid=50081-name_page.html

United have no excusesMar 17 2007

By The Journal

Nicky Butt has apologised to the club's fans following Newcastle United's abject UEFA Cup surrender to AZ Alkmaar.

And the midfielder is adamant that the Magpies faithful have every right to be angry with the players.

Butt was blunt and forthright as he emerged from a tense away dressing room at the DSB Stadion and the former England international did not hold back in his criticism of the team's performance.

As a regular winner of silverware during a decade of domestic dominance at Manchester United, Butt has more idea than most about what is needed to lift trophies, and he was livid at the manner in which Newcastle allowed Alkmaar to overturn a two-goal deficit from the first leg to progress to the quarter-finals on the away goals rule.

But while the former England star expects a frosty reception on Tyneside for the next few weeks after seeing the club's last chance of silverware this season fizzle into nothing, he insisted the players were equally angry about what had happened.

"It was the wrong time to deliver a poor performance like that," said Butt, who has rebuilt his personal, if not the team's, fortunes this season following his return from a loan spell at Birmingham City.

"We had a great game in the first leg but we didn't play anything like that in the second. Maybe we thought we had already done the hard work at home and that is a fatal error to make. As a team we did not play very well and as individuals we did not play well. That's about it, we didn't pass the ball well, we just didn't perform.

"There will be anger and there will be a lot of disappointment on Tyneside, we fully understand that. All I can say to the fans is that there is just as much anger and disappointment in the dressing room about what has happened.

"We will be joining in that sense of anger. There was a lot of shouting and bawling at each other after the game. I understand if the crowd are angry and upset with the players because it's another chance gone begging.

"We wanted to win something, we've done pretty well in Europe this season, but we've let ourselves down against Alkmaar and that hurts everyone connected to the club."

Given United's involvement in the Intertoto Cup in July, there is a temptation to suggest the sheer number of games played by the Magpies caught up with them in Alkmaar this week.

However, Butt does not entertain such a notion and the 32-year-old does not believe others should be able to use tiredness as an excuse for what has happened.

He said: "We can't use tiredness as an excuse. I can only speak for myself, but although we've played a lot of games, the way we train with the fitness coaches, it's all geared up to coping with the number of games we have to play.

"Tiredness isn't a factor for me and I doubt very much if it is for the other lads as well. On the night we didn't play to our potential and we paid the price for that."

Newcastle appear to have little left to play for this season than a respectable league position and the hope that a top-eight finish will be enough to earn qualification for the Intertoto Cup if Chelsea and Manchester United meet in the FA Cup final in May, thus ensuring that the three available Uefa Cup spots will go to the teams finishing fifth to seventh in the top flight.

The Magpies are five points behind Tottenham Hotspur in eighth place ahead of this weekend's fixture and a win at relegation-threatened Charlton is vital if they are going to lift the mood of their supporters, as well as maintain the pressure on those sitting above them in the Premiership.

Butt added: "There might be a temptation for people to say that the season is over, but it definitely isn't. We have to concentrate on getting up the table now. We've got eight games left starting at Charlton. The fans will want to see the right reaction from the players. We have to get on with it and do the best we can."

apology?  for f#cks sake...

i'd rather the set of f#ckwits we call players pissed off, hid away and kept their mouths shut for the next few weeks rather than issue platitudes, apologies and soundbites like the above 'cause we all know they don't give a flying f#ck other than they might have missed out on a win bonus

the quieter these wankers are between now and the moment they are shuffled off out of the club to go and play for the mackems or wolves or some sh!te where they belong then the better

we should have players who talk on the pitch - the fact we have had players that talk in the newspapers and get laughed off the pitch regularly says it all

fucken apologies, i ask you....

Guest Invicta_Toon

Didn`t Nicky Butt lash out at the end after we fucked the final corner.  I remember quite a few times this season hes shown he gives a fuck more than the rest of the team.  He should be captain imo.

he also wasdted 2 of the final minutes in a petulant selfish display