Can we please give GR the next transfer window to prove he's a decent manager?

Guest nufc 4 life

Guest nufc 4 life

I know we should of got through to the next round in the uefa cup, but we would of got Werder Bremen anyway so not much chance there, he has had to deal with the biggest injury list in the history of the EPL and has still got arguably our best striker out, along with our only other definitive striker in Ameobi. If GR proves his worth in this Summers transfer window then i think there is a chance he will be forgiven, once we get back Owen and Ameobi + Martins and possibly a new striker, we will have the strikeforce to scare any EPL defence, our midfield is very strong and with rumours that Sidwell is going to join for free in the summer is just going to improve it even more, especially if Emre leaves. GR has already expressed his determination to get defenders in during the summer and it looks like Bramble is going to get axed and finally FS has said GR has his full backing in the transfer window, so GR will not have the excuse of their was no money available.

I hope some of you agree with what i have said here let's support the lads until the end of the season, wait and see what GR can do in the summer and bear in mind he has bought one of europes best strikers in Martins for 10m could the biggest coup of last summers transfer window in Damien Duff for 5m which any manager would of taken although that seems to have backfired on him and seems to have pulled off quite a big coup in getting Gooch for us when supposedly the majority of Europes Elite had been rumored to be interested in signing him. So please don't lose faith, because however much i have been hurt by yesterdays loss i still haven't

Guest nufc 4 life

oh and btw i'm, not saying our midfield will be improved if Emre leaves i'm just saying he looks destined to leave so at least we have a great replacement in Sidwell

Guest nufc 4 life

Show me some evidence why Glenn should have the job in the first place?

Winning CV?

Track record of good management?

he doesn't have one, but don't you think he hasn't done that badly with some of the problems he has had

Give Roeder more time, I've heard it all before except the same thing was said about Souness.  Roeder had screwed up two transfer windows already, why give him another chance?

What have you seen in him that I have missed?

He's simply not good enough, giving him another transfer window is asking for trouble and would probably end up with him getting sacked in the same manner as Sir Bobby and Souness, within weeks of the new season.

Settle for shite and that's all you can expect, Roeder is sub-standard, he always has been and always will be.

Duff is no feather in the cap of Roeder, he wasn't a priority and hasn't justified his wages never mind the fee.

If the European elite were after Gooch then he wouldn't be here, fact.

I'm not interested in average regardless of the circumstances. NO money? Look at Reading...Injuries? All teams in the PL have them and to key players....But they have paid attention to the squad...Glenn didn't. He will fail time and time again when the chips are down. There are some outstanding individual performances that have got us wins....Nothing more.

I know we should of got through to the next round in the uefa cup, but we would of got Werder Bremen anyway so not much chance there, he has had to deal with the biggest injury list in the history of the EPL and has still got arguably our best striker out, along with our only other definitive striker in Ameobi. If GR proves his worth in this Summers transfer window then i think there is a chance he will be forgiven, once we get back Owen and Ameobi + Martins and possibly a new striker, we will have the strikeforce to scare any EPL defence, our midfield is very strong and with rumours that Sidwell is going to join for free in the summer is just going to improve it even more, especially if Emre leaves. GR has already expressed his determination to get defenders in during the summer and it looks like Bramble is going to get axed and finally FS has said GR has his full backing in the transfer window, so GR will not have the excuse of their was no money available.

I hope some of you agree with what i have said here let's support the lads until the end of the season, wait and see what GR can do in the summer and bear in mind he has bought one of europes best strikers in Martins for 10m could the biggest coup of last summers transfer window in Damien Duff for 5m which any manager would of taken although that seems to have backfired on him and seems to have pulled off quite a big coup in getting Gooch for us when supposedly the majority of Europes Elite had been rumored to be interested in signing him. So please don't lose faith, because however much i have been hurt by yesterdays loss i still haven't

there is some shite posted on this forum, but that is amongst the least valid, most nonesensical pile of garbage i have ever seen. pathetic.

he doesn't have one, but don't you think he hasn't done that badly with some of the problems he has had

He's done shite, most of his problems are not related to injuries, they haven't made life easy for him as having Owen would have covered up for a lot of Roeders inadequacies.

Here's my assessment of him and what he should be judged on.

Use of Transfer Windows - Shite.

Team selection - Shite

Motivational skills - Shite

Tactics - Shite

Use of substitutes - Shite

Training methods (judged on performances) - Shite

Have I missed anything?

He's done shite, most of his problems are not related to injuries, they haven't made life easy for him as having Owen would have covered up for a lot of Roeders inadequacies.

Here's my assessment of him and what he should be judged on.

Use of Transfer Windows - Shite.

Team selection - Shite

Motivational skills - Shite

Tactics - Shite

Use of substitutes - Shite

Training methods (judged on performances) - Shite

Have I missed anything?

....his communication skills aren't all that either. :lol:

People call his transfer windows shit but we have no idea how much of a budget he had. Plus in my opinion he has bought well, Martins has been ace, Sib has been great value, Duff has shown glimpses of being great and there is still hopw for him and Onyewu has looked solid.

People call his transfer windows s*** but we have no idea how much of a budget he had. Plus in my opinion he has bought well, Martins has been ace, Sib has been great value, Duff has shown glimpses of being great and there is still hopw for him and Onyewu has looked solid.

Why did we try and buy Huth, Neill & Knight at the last minute, then only sign a loanee in January?

People call his transfer windows s*** but we have no idea how much of a budget he had. Plus in my opinion he has bought well, Martins has been ace, Sib has been great value, Duff has shown glimpses of being great and there is still hopw for him and Onyewu has looked solid.

Why did we try and buy Huth, Neill & Knight at the last minute, then only sign a loanee in January?

So says Alan Oliver. His job is to sell papers not report the truth and if you believe him Babel has basically already signed in the summer.

The only player we can say we tried to sign on deadline day is Viduka and that was dependant on Milner going to Villa. Anybody else is just speculation.

Guest assyriantoon

What a good board would do is wait until the end of the season and then sit down and review. They should start by looking at the final league position in comparison to previous year and to this years expectations. If the season didn't go the way they expected then they should sack the manager. Roeder has time. He has from now until the end of the season to salvage something. If it doesn't work, then he has nobody else to blame but himself and he should be chopped.

The summer transfer window was inexcusable in 2006. The January one wasn't particularly impressive, but he obviously had little to no funds and it's always difficult to bring players in during that period. Especially with such little to offer as a club at that moment in time.

I think he's a decent enough coach who only falls down during matchdays. But if he has anything about him, he will learn from his mistakes.

I'm happy to see him build his own squad, something he hasn't done yet, and see out his contract. We're not going to get relegated with him, and unless something goes depressingly wrong, either sack him then or just don't renew it. Sir Bobby's first two seasons were hardly the most enthralling.

Scenario 1: He does nowt in the transfer window and we see ourselves deep in the bottom half of the table next season. He should go.

Scenario 2: We're generally just mediocre again. Don't renew his contract at the end of next season.

Scenario 3: He might do well in the transfer window, we might do well in the league without having Europe to concentrate on. We'll be glad we held onto him.

On the whole, what i'm saying is, give him his two seasons. I don't believe he's totally incompetent.

The summer transfer window was inexcusable in 2006. The January one wasn't particularly impressive, but he obviously had little to no funds and it's always difficult to bring players in during that period. Especially with such little to offer as a club at that moment in time.

I think he's a decent enough coach who only falls down during matchdays. But if he has anything about him, he will learn from his mistakes.

I'm happy to see him build his own squad, something he hasn't done yet, and see out his contract. We're not going to get relegated with him, and unless something goes depressingly wrong, either sack him then or just don't renew it. Sir Bobby's first two seasons were hardly the most enthralling.

Scenario 1: He does nowt in the transfer window and we see ourselves deep in the bottom half of the table next season. He should go.

Scenario 2: We're generally just mediocre again. Don't renew his contract at the end of next season.

Scenario 3: He might do well in the transfer window, we might do well in the league without having Europe to concentrate on. We'll be glad we held onto him.

On the whole, what i'm saying is, give him his two seasons. I don't believe he's totally incompetent.

Is THAT  your reason for keeping him on?

Guest nyscooby

Can we please give GR the next transfer window to prove he's a decent manager?

how profound...

he had this season to prove he was a decent manager.

every aspect of this season has prooved how bad he is.

only the poor form of other clubs who should have done better have saved us from the bottom three slots.

FFS hasnt helped keeping a tight purse at transfer time, but we have no future higher than our current if we dont clean up the coaching staff and manager.

Roeder was quoted as saying we were in pole position for players that we didn't get so he must have had something to work with.  Glimpses of being great from Duff do not justify a third of our transfer budget going on a player we didn't need while major flaws in the team/squad were not adressed.

He did well with Martins and Sibierski, I don't think for one minute that Roeder scouted Sibierski, he's a fluke that was probably offered to us on deadline day and we took him in desperation, the same desperation that rought Bernard back to the club.

THAT is my opinion. I think he is a very capable coach - i think he knows how to improve players. And i think he has done a creditable job by steadying the ship that was sinking miserably under Souness, and he's still got Souness' squad to be fair, but for three arrivals (only one having worked out bigtime).

I still don't beleive it was HIS IDEA  to buy Martins....

It was his decision, though, wasn't it. Not sure who you could be referring to, the scouts? I suppose that's what scouts are for...

THAT is my opinion. I think he is a very capable coach - i think he knows how to improve players. And i think he has done a creditable job by steadying the ship that was sinking miserably under Souness, and he's still got Souness' squad to be fair, but for three arrivals (only one having worked out bigtime).

How is he a very capable coach....?

It's an unwitten rule in football that after a sacking players tend to play for their lives.

There is nothing in his history to say he should be a PL manager....NOTHING...ZILCH...

Roeder is a 50 odd year old who has been in management for something like 7 years, I can't see him turning into something that he isn't now, he's not a kid who is learning.  He's a 50 odd year old who keeps repeating the same mistake, he's either inept or hasn't the balls to make changes.

Scenario 3 has nothing to suggest it might happen, not a thing.

He's a capable coach, based on what?

He's a capable coach, based on what?

Based on the fact that we're hardly in a relegation dogfight.

I'm not going to list the reasons why i think he's a decent coach and is possibly a decent enough manager, partially because i just don't know. I just don't feel that we need to go through a managerial change. Things take time, that's all. We're still in a transitional period.

I'm happy to see him given the time to use the summer to do what he has to do. If he fucks up again, i'll be slating him bigtime, because we'll go nowhere. But things aren't crucially bad at the moment, and unless they are come a certain period of next season, i'd like to see him see out his contract. I don't see a clear and desperate need to sack him.

You have your opinion and you have mine.