Charlton Athletic 2 - 0 Newcastle United - Post match thoughts

Dave

Depressing stats from .com:

This was our 10th away defeat in the Premiership - our worst ever number of losses is 11 (last season).

So far we have only collected 11 points on our travels and our worst ever haul was 15 points in 1997/98.

Our lowest goals scored on the road was 13 in 1997/98. This season we are still two short of that total.

I'm disappointed in Roeder for basically condoning yesterday's mess. No doubt his mate Oliver will be backing him up tonight with sly digs aimed at Martins although probably fairly on this occasion.

Depressing stats from .com:

This was our 10th away defeat in the Premiership - our worst ever number of losses is 11 (last season).

So far we have only collected 11 points on our travels and our worst ever haul was 15 points in 1997/98.

Our lowest goals scored on the road was 13 in 1997/98. This season we are still two short of that total.

i looked at the table yesterday and saw 37 point and i just couldn't comprehend where they'd actually come from....on reflection the season just seems to be a stumble from one defeat/draw to the next in the league

Guest Ridzuan

I thought we played well in the first half,dominating the possesion.However,we didnt threaten Carson despite our dominance.In the 2nd half,Chalrton started well.We should have scored when Martins had that fantastic opportunity.The first goal we conceded was from a poor defending from my point of view.We should have reacted much quicker than that Chinese guy did and the penalty just sums up our bad day.I cannot blame Nobby for conceding it,but he had no choice.That chinese guy was unmark and it was poor defending once again.I also noticed that we keep providing long balls for the strikers which is a complete waste.Out of all the strikers,only Sibierski can head the ball perfectly,though yesterday he was poor.Instead,I think we should try to pass around the ball into the dangerous area,and we could have a better chance of scoring.

Guest toongimp

Typical game of two halves. Played decent enough in the first half then mucked up the second with poor passing and giveaways.  :idiot2: Some good individual performances but the team performance wasn't all there. Dyer's touch was poor , Sibbers was no good and Milner didn't play well either. It just seemed like our tactics were to hoof it to martins all the time but he was man marked by about two or three tall defenders at a time it seemed. He was struggling.

I can't see us picking many points in our remaining matches if we continue to play like we did. Hope I'm proved wrong but I fear we won't end up with a chance to play in Europe next week.