Charlton Athletic 2 - 0 Newcastle United - Post match thoughts

Dave

Didn't watch the game and won't watch the game tonight on MOTD.

Feel sorry for the people who put themselves into inconvenience to go and watch that. I can't believe he has a 2 year deal and i don't think Shepherd will sack him because it will look like he has made yet another mistake. Also, i don't think this would send out a good message to other candidates for the job.

I always thought this season was going to be write off - or 'stabilising period' and it has proved that (mid-table), but we need to get rid of some personnel for next season.

Bramble, Babayaro, Moore, Emre and Onyewu are said to be leaving at the end of the season. Why was Taylor not in the squad today? Why did N'Zogbia not come on earlier when Dyer was limping? Why, when we go to teams who are below us, roll over so easily? Could Roeder answer any of these questions?

How much would it take to buy Douglas Hall out?

Guest justin99.

We are only 8 points off 6th (barring an Everton win).

The players only ever seem to step up when their playing a top side.

It's like they thing their too good for the traditionally lower placing teams and will walk away with the win.

emre was superb once dyer went off. emre on left is like playing steven carr upfront. no point

Too true..

...but no doubt clueless glenn will come out and say: "We're very happy with the way emre has played since he came back from injury. In fact he has been so impressive at the left position i'm thinking of moving him there permanently so he and steven carr (who has played FANTASTICALLY well this season..possibly the best player of the season) can form a great parternship down the left"

To sum up, shit team selection once again has cost us.

Most could see that the team we put out today wasn't going to work, most except for the person who matters, he's fucking clueless.

What was wrong with putting pace through the middle and actually starting with two proper wingers to give Charlton something to think about?  For all of the possession we had we were piss poor going forwards, we were 1 dimensional donkeys.

Clueless.

Heartless.

Spineless.

Hopeless.

Shambles.

Shameful.

Shocking.

Wankers, the lot of them, from top to bottom.

That’s possibly an over reaction but they are pissing me off big time.

Didn't hear much about gooch on the radio....sounds like moore was a bit wobbly....obviously we had no attacking threat but it sounds like gooch and moore were just meh...anyone comment more on the defense? (other than it was pure shite obviously)...

Guest Rodimus Prime

I'm not used to this feeling - I honestly couldn't give a toss.

Strangely enough, I'm exactly the same.

Thats apathy setting in. Im pretty much the same, im very close to beyond giving a fuck anymore.

I'm not used to this feeling - I honestly couldn't give a toss.

Strangely enough, I'm exactly the same.

Thats apathy setting in. Im pretty much the same, im very close to beyond giving a fuck anymore.

"Apathy"? What's that???

the whole thing has the classic hallmarks of the manager having lost the players and dressing room

they'll say they're all behind him but continue to perform like sh!te week in week out

when a new manager eventually comes in the same players will play with unbeforeseen belief, verve and confidence 'cause they'll be playing for their big contracts at SJP

we've seen the same sh!t ever since keegan left and i don't think the cycle will change until we have a TOTAL clearout of the players, backroom staff and probably boardroom that seem to permit this to go on unabated

Heartless,Spineless,Gutless peformence (or whats known otherwise as the Usuall)

Since the Sheff united game i gave up all hope on us going anywhere with Roeder,everything he does leads to one place,NOWHERE

Today's game was not alot diffrent,we had almost our full side,very few injurys,fully fit players,and what did we do,we lost to a relegation threatend side,Personally i don't mind us losing,got used to it by time,but to lose without even trying to turn things around is just fucked up..

Couldnt give a toss about this game,was just hoping Charlton score more goals so that fucking idiot Roeder gets the sack sooner..

Anyway,my players ratings :-

Given -8- : Some fine saves,kept it from becoming (more) embarssing.

Solano -5- : Shocker ,poorly timed tackle resulting in a Charlton pk.

Duff -6- : Average,better then Carr at LB nevertheless.

Gooch -5- : Starting to look like the new Titus Bramble.

Moore -5- Slow,bad,poor,rather have Bramble instead.

Dyer -5- : Hardly shown,at first i thought he was not playing,untill he got injured wich caused him to disapper even more in the seconed half.

Emre -6- : Fairly good,just rusty,needs to move and pass more.

Parker -7- : One of two decent players for us today (the other being Given),looked like the only one who could give a toss about the game.

Milner -6- : Some good runs,didnt produce anything though.

Sibreski -6- : poor,we should stop playing long balls and hope he can flick it on to Martins,didnt work at Alkmar,won't work here.

Martins -5- : Missed a sitter,no impact really..

Subs:

N'Zogbia -6- : Got very little of the ball,but looked bright.

Overall team peformence -5- : Poor peformence,another classic roeder game to (not) remember..

Roeder -3- : Should fuck off tbh..

Guest BooBoo

The worry is, is that we're playing just as poorly and with as little heart as in the dark days of the Souey regime, except we now have a supposedly better crop of players.

Guest magpies_rawk

The worry is, is that we're playing just as poorly and with as little heart as in the dark days of the Souey regime, except we now have a supposedly better crop of players.

I'll take the souness crop any day...

Given

Carr Boumsong Bramble Taylor

Nobby Emre Parker Zoggy

Owen Shearer

Thats not saying a lot mind!

Give Roader till the end of the season and say goodbye for me, it seems he has prob lost the players by their attitude is on the pitch.  IMO Guss Hiddink or someone of that calibre is who we need someone who can get the best from the players, spot a bargin and who also has an acute tactical knowhow.  Id love to see what type of player Luque would become under a manager like him !!

Give Roader till the end of the season and say goodbye for me, it seems he has prob lost the players by their attitude is on the pitch.  IMO Guss Hiddink or someone of that calibre is who we need someone who can get the best from the players, spot a bargin and who also has an acute tactical knowhow.  Id love to see what type of player Luque would become under a manager like him !!

Hiddink would be TRULY ideal to get the best out of our underpreforming players and whip squad discipline back into shape.

Heck, the two things the man likes most in life are money and a challenge. We could give him both.

....Assuming he ever walks out of Abramovich's pocket in Russia that is.

Why would one of the best football minds in the world want to come and become involved in such a diabolical shambles?

f*** hiddink. we need a motivator. a keegan. newcastle and tactics dont work

Hiddink is a ****ing amazing motivator. (Although he's more of a disciplinarian than a "come on lads!" kind of manager) One of the best in the game. Just a cursory glance at what he's done in Korea and Australia should tell you that.

Why would one of the best football minds in the world want to come and become involved in such a diabolical shambles?

As long as you'll give him enough money, Hiddink loves a shambles. There's a reason he's traveled around international minnows instead of going to the big teams. He knows his strength is getting 150% out of weaker players, and he enjoys sticking to that.