Does anyone on this forum....

pinkeye

Actually remember Newcastle lifting a tophy (of any merit) within their lifetime so far?

I am starting to think that I will support this team forever and never actually see a trophy being lifted ever.  I've been to Wembley twice (Charity Shield and FA Cup Semi v Chelsea), I've been to Cardiff once (FA Cup Semi) and always felt like those are going to be the best I will ever get to see, even though, except for the Chelsea match, we were totally rubbish on those occasions.

Actually remember Newcastle lifting a tophy (of any merit) within their lifetime so far?

I am starting to think that I will support this team forever and never actually see a trophy being lifted ever.  I've been to Wembley twice (Charity Shield and FA Cup Semi v Chelsea), I've been to Cardiff once (FA Cup Semi) and always felt like those are going to be the best I will ever get to see, even though, except for the Chelsea match, we were totally rubbish on those occasions.

:jesuswept:

Not again!!!

Yes. I do.

The parade through the City afterward was never to be forgotten.

Thanks for asking.

Intertoto ftw.

Doubt we'll see them posting here, but in another thread:

Greg - "Learn to read"

TT - "Read the f****** question. End of message.  :thup:"

Dave - "Because the author wanted it that way?"

The author of the original post in this thread said, "lifting a trophy of any merit".

No doubt you'll claim you were being sarcastic. ;)

Guest Gemmill

Intertoto ftw.

Doubt we'll see them posting here, but in another thread:

Greg - "Learn to read"

TT - "Read the fucking question. End of message.  :thup:"

Dave - "Because the author wanted it that way?"

The author of the original post in this thread said, "lifting a trophy of any merit".

Yeah I was serious too.  Good spot, you've got me BANG to rights.

Guest Jinky James

I lifted the Fairs cup in the playground of Cragside junior school when I was 9/10 .Keith Burkinshaw was coach then and his daughter Tracy attended the same class as me. It was a total surprise when he walked in the playground with the cup held aloft, it was passed around the kids and all was well with the world.I had been to all the home fairs cup games but could not get a ticket for the semi or the final. If you check back at the attendances of the cup games the ground didn,t sell out until the Rangers game so poor lads like me could not get in.

Little did I know that at the age of 9 (or 10) that this was going to be the highlight of my Toon supporting life. Of course we got the first division trophy and that was a great day out but it wasn,t an FA cup was it.

Not again!!!

Not being all that regular on here I didn't realise that this has been done to death before, sorry gents.

I was only interested as a genuine question as to whether anyone remembers anything good in their supporting lives.  I can remember the Div 1 championship, we went up with the highest points and goals scored in the history (up until that season anyway).  I also remember (as a child) the Texaco Trophy in 1973.

I just think that I am going to go through my whole life not seeing Newcastle win anything that is really significant and it is very sad!!  We couldn't even win the Gateshead Shield a couple of years ago and since then we looked odds on for some pre season cup in Asia (was it the Asia Cup?) until Jenas (I think) tried the most stupid penalty I have ever seen and we lost to Chelsea.

Not again!!!

Not being all that regular on here I didn't realise that this has been done to death before, sorry gents.

I was only interested as a genuine question as to whether anyone remembers anything good in their supporting lives.  I can remember the Div 1 championship, we went up with the highest points and goals scored in the history (up until that season anyway).  I also remember (as a child) the Texaco Trophy in 1973.

I just think that I am going to go through my whole life not seeing Newcastle win anything that is really significant and it is very sad!!  We couldn't even win the Gateshead Shield a couple of years ago and since then we looked odds on for some pre season cup in Asia (was it the Asia Cup?) until Jenas (I think) tried the most stupid penalty I have ever seen and we lost to Chelsea.

Don't worry about it, mate, 9 out of 10 seemingly innocent threads turn into a mud-sligning shit-fest after five posts or less.

Not again!!!

Don't worry about it, mate, 9 out of 10 seemingly innocent threads turn into a mud-sligning shit-fest after five posts or less.

Aye, pinky...my :jesuswept: reaction was more in anticipation of what I could see this thread becoming than having a pop at you for creating it.