Wages crisis?

Parky

Guest Invicta_Toon

It's the Souness era "big name" signings coupled with the other over priced midfield we have will hold us back

Parker,Dyer,Emre,Duff,Owen,Luque and Butt are all probably earning in excess of 40k.

I feel we'll need to go back to the SBR policy of paying fairly high transfer fees and low wages for young talent. Jermaine Jenas and Scott Parker are players of similar quality but I suspect that Parker could be on twice the wages as Jenas.

For sure, Spurs wouldn't put up with any crazy wages nonsense.

You think Jenas took a pay cut then?

It's the Souness era "big name" signings coupled with the other over priced midfield we have will hold us back

Parker,Dyer,Emre,Duff,Owen,Luque and Butt are all probably earning in excess of 40k.

I feel we'll need to go back to the SBR policy of paying fairly high transfer fees and low wages for young talent. Jermaine Jenas and Scott Parker are players of similar quality but I suspect that Parker could be on twice the wages as Jenas.

Spurs have a very strict wage structure and I believe King is the only player earning over £35k a week.

Absolutely certain.

Spurs have a very strict wage structure and I believe King is the only player earning over £35k a week.

Seems a little low that. Would have thought Keane, Berbatov and Defoe would be on around 50+K.

Seems a little low that. Would have thought Keane, Berbatov and Defoe would be on around 50+K.

Remember Defoe moaning about his wages a couple of years ago.

Berbatov is on 35K? I doubt it.

Keane is the highest paid on 40k.....Carrick was offerred 35k when he left....

quote author=The College Dropout link=topic=37545.msg748567#msg748567 date=1174408258]

Where MJ when you need him?

If I'm not mistaken Spurs got a bonus system, so Berbatov could have a basic wage of 35k, but then he'll receive shit loads of money in different bonuses which makes his actual wage a lot higher.

Or am I completely mistaken?

quote author=The College Dropout link=topic=37545.msg748567#msg748567 date=1174408258]

Where MJ when you need him?

If I'm not mistaken Spurs got a bonus system, so Berbatov could have a basic wage of 35k, but then he'll receive shit loads of money in different bonuses which makes his actual wage a lot higher.

Or am I completely mistaken?

Keane is deffo the highest paid and his basic is 40k.

I think that must be it.

Is what we need too, PAYS for the strikers and PAYD for the defenders.

I know those numbers look low, but remember we've got used to our crazy numbers as if it were the norm.

Guest Invicta_Toon

I think that must be it.

I know those numbers look low, but remember we've got used to our crazy numbers as if it were the norm.

so basically you want us to win the Premiership using the Spurs wage structure as a model. The same Spurs who just had their record-breaking 5th place finish despite signing 52million players?

I think that must be it.

so basically you want us to win the Premiership using the Spurs wage structure as a model. The same Spurs who just had their record-breaking 5th place finish despite signing 52million players?

Not at all I don't give a fuck what we pay.........As long as we're paying for true quality. ^-^

If you divide are entire wage bill by the 28 or so full time squad players it comes out at about £35k each a week.

That's excluding wages to the board, management, coaches, stewards, shop workers, cleaners and everyone else employed by the club.  Changes things when you look at the facts doesn't it?  Instead of guessing how much players earn.

Mountain out of a mole hill springs to mind.

No-one in this thread has a clue how to run a multi-million pound business so I don't know why we're trying to pass judgement on it.

Do people think Freddy runs the club from his garage or something?  He has teams of financial advisors and lawyers, yet we seem to know better? LOL

Ridiculous.

As far as I'm aware, Ledders is top earner (£45k) followed by Robbie Keane.  Keane's figure was artificially inflated at the outset as Leeds were still paying a significant chunk of his wages until last summer when the basic deal ran out.  Spurs then exercised their option of another 2 years and now pay all the wages.

No-one in this thread has a clue how to run a multi-million pound business so I don't know why we're trying to pass judgement on it.

Do people think Freddy runs the club from his garage or something?  He has teams of financial advisors and lawyers, yet we seem to know better? LOL

Ridiculous.

Are you a professional footballer?

No? In that case please refrain from commenting on whether anyone was ever 'rubbish' etc.

Do people think Freddy runs the club from his garage or something?  He has teams of financial advisors and lawyers, yet we seem to know better? LOL

Ridiculous.

No? In that case please refrain from commenting on whether anyone was ever 'rubbish' etc.

I honestly can't link your post to mine.

As far as I'm aware, Ledders is top earner (£45k) followed by Robbie Keane.  Keane's figure was artificially inflated at the outset as Leeds were still paying a significant chunk of his wages until last summer when the basic deal ran out.  Spurs then exercised their option of another 2 years and now pay all the wages.

You're right Martin...Forgot about King (45k). Then Keane 40k.

I mean if you compare Huddlestone's wages to say Taylor....YOu can see why our wages are seen as a bit out of control.

I think it's pretty easy, though I should have used the manager as the example instead of a player.

In any case, my point was that quite clearly everyone in this thread is speculating. We have no knowledge of what's really going on. Just the same way we don't really know what system Roeder tries to play. You seem to dismiss all conversation on that basis. The forum would be rather boring without speculation, don't you think?

Ridiculous.

A £350m p.a product business for a £30bn p.a company. There are people with post-docs and even accountants in this thread. You cheeky twerp. :razz:

I think it's pretty easy, though I should have used the manager as the example instead of a player.

In any case, my point was that quite clearly everyone in this thread is speculating. We have no knowledge of what's really going on. Just the same way we don't really know what system Roeder tries to play. You seem to dismiss all conversation on that basis. The forum would be rather boring without speculation, don't you think?

The forum wouldn't be as funny as it is that's for sure.

Ridiculous.

I honestly can't link your post to mine.

I can.