What Could have been ..............

Guest mikebest11

I'd put up with being hated in return for what they've won over the last few years.

seriously? that's just sad

Why is that sad? Would you prefer to be the perennially underachieving loser but liked by most? Like some kind of footballing Tim Henman?

I'll take winning stuff and not giving a f*** about what other people think.

like they're mutually exclusive

Like he said they were.

reckon he did actually

Where would that be then?

you said would we prefer to be a perennially liked loser, or a hated winner?

sounds like a mutually exclusive suggestion to me

Not to me it doesn't. It sounds like a choice of two options.

I could have said "or a generally ignored mid-table team", but felt it unnecessary as your original post implied that in some way being unpopular was not a price worth paying for being massively successful.

I was merely pointing out your foolishness, which you have continued to do quite effectively by yourself for the rest of the thread, so I'll leave you to it.

No Vic. I think you're being contrary for the sake of it though and I imagine that's obvious to most on here. Well done on being our very own James Whale.

Guest Invicta_Toon

I'd put up with being hated in return for what they've won over the last few years.

Why is that sad? Would you prefer to be the perennially underachieving loser but liked by most? Like some kind of footballing Tim Henman?

Like he said they were.

reckon he did actually

I could have said "or a generally ignored mid-table team", but felt it unnecessary as your original post implied that in some way being unpopular was not a price worth paying for being massively successful.

I was merely pointing out your foolishness, which you have continued to do quite effectively by yourself for the rest of the thread, so I'll leave you to it.

bullshit

Like he said they were.

reckon he did actually

bullshit

You're winning me over now.

everyone wanted us to win the title in the 90's, chelsea were generally liked when they won the fa cup with gullit, vialli etc.

you can be successful and be liked

Very true.  Play attractive football with a smile on your face and the majority of fans no matter what club would be happy to see you do well (so long as it's not against their own club)!!

Guest Gemmill

I don't understand the principal argument. Why would everyone hate us if Mourinho was our manager?

I'm not sure.  To me Chelsea are disliked for two reasons - a) they keep winning things, and b) they are perceived to have "bought" success.  I think Mourinho being a bit of a cock comes a LONG way down in the list of reasons people dislike them.

I'm not quite sure what Nobby and Vic's point is, but apparently we would be hated if Mourinho was our manager.  I wouldn't give a fuck like, but it would upset Vic.

He likes to be liked.  As you can tell from his persona on here.  :lol:

Guest Invicta_Toon

I don't understand the principal argument. Why would everyone hate us if Mourinho was our manager?

because he's an arrogant cock who is never gracious in defeat or victory

Guest Invicta_Toon

I'm not sure.  To me Chelsea are disliked for two reasons - a) they keep winning things, and b) they are perceived to have "bought" success.  I think Mourinho being a bit of a cock comes a LONG way down in the list of reasons people dislike them.

I'm not quite sure what Nobby and Vic's point is, but apparently we would be hated if Mourinho was our manager.  I wouldn't give a fuck like, but it would upset Vic.

see above post

as I've already pointed out, nobody hates you just because you win everything, and the money doesnt cause hate, it more jealousy

the hate is purely about what mourinho and his team are all about

Guest elbee909

everyone wanted us to win the title in the 90's, chelsea were generally liked when they won the fa cup with gullit, vialli etc.

you can be successful and be liked

Very true.  Play attractive football with a smile on your face and the majority of fans no matter what club would be happy to see you do well (so long as it's not against their own club)!!

So if you win the title, you're destined to be hated by everybody, if you beat the majority of clubs.  Which is a prerequisite after all.  People don't mind if you win a cup of something, but win the league and you're almost bound to be hated which snowballs as people jump on the hating/glory bandwagon. 

I'd have Mourinho in a second here and don't give a shit what anyone thinks about him, he's a bloody improvement on what we've got by light years.

because he's an arrogant cock who is never gracious in defeat or victory

For the first six months or so the entire country thought the sun shone out of his backside. I think the association with Chelsea and what it's become has damaged his reputation, but I think behind it all he's a decent fella. Even if he is an arrogant prick, though, I'd still have had him here.

Guest Ridzuan

This has always been one of the things that I have regretted.I really wish it would have happen,but of course it didnt.Im a huge fan of Mourinho and it would be a dream come true if he manage us but I doubt that that will happen.

see above post

as I've already pointed out, nobody hates you just because you win everything, and the money doesnt cause hate, it more jealousy

Nonsense. As Reoder pointed out, people like you are a symptom of Newcastle and it's stink of failure.  :coolsmiley:

Guest Invicta_Toon

see above post

Nonsense. As Reoder pointed out, people like you are a symptom of Newcastle and it's stink of failure. :knuppel2:

bollocks

how wrong of me not to want an arrogant cock as a manager. I wonder if the Chelsea fans will still love him when they're being baited by the ManUre fans

Guest Gemmill

So Vic, just to clarify, you're saying you actually wouldn't want Mourinho to manage Newcastle.  Correct?

So Vic, just to clarify, you're saying you actually wouldn't want Mourinho to manage Newcastle.  Correct?

Not just Mourinho, it seems, anyone arrogant: Ferguson, Wenger, Van Gaal... you name them.

see above post

Nonsense. As Reoder pointed out, people like you are a symptom of Newcastle and it's stink of failure. :knuppel2:

bollocks

how wrong of me not to want an arrogant cock as a manager. I wonder if the Chelsea fans will still love him when they're being baited by the ManUre fans

The man sweats success. I would dream of our player supping from his sopping slacks, inhaling his sweet smell of victory.

All I want is Newcastle to ride the table as if atop a stallion. Mourinho would be a man to ensure that no buck could topple us.

Guest Gemmill

see above post

bollocks

The man sweats success. I would dream of our player supping from his sopping slacks and inhaling his sweet smell of victory.

All I want is Newcastle to ride the table as if atop a stallion. Mourinho would be a man to ensure that no buck could topple us.

Are you Jilly Cooper? :lol:

Guest Invicta_Toon

yes

now proceed to maul me for my temerity in not wanting to be associated with a cunt like that if it means denial of the holy grail

although I did forget that you are shelling 600 a year, perhaps that colours your judgement