These players...

Guest TheOrder

I agree with some of the sentiments in this thread, thing is though, if some of these players were got rid of (Dyer, Emre, Owen) And replaced with so called lesser players who work hard but aren't pretty, Im fairly sure we'd all be complaining about becoming the new Bolton, Wigan etc. And wouldn't be fully satisfied, the balance between what we're at now and becoming that is where we should aim for, and selling good players won't acheive that.

Dyer and Emre aren't that "good", though. If they were top players, i'd agree with you.

We NEED to replace the majority of the defence, and half of the midfield, or we will NEVER gdet back into the top 6.

Right, so we're looking to sell 'average' players with high wages (Emre, Dyer) then replace them with 'ggod' players, on less of a wage. Hmmm, get the feeling, as awesome as he is, our manager may struggle with that.

If we can't get a better player than Dire for £90k a week, then....oh, fuck it. Of COURSE we can get a better player than this mediocre piece of crap for that kind of money - less, even.

If you think we shoudl keep that quality of player, and thats good enough for you, then good on you, you're Shepherds ideal type of fan. Spin-friendly and blind to the truth.

Okayy...

But who says Dyer isn't good enough for 'where we want to be'? It only sems to be a minority on here that thinks we should selll him. For the record, he isn't a £90,000 a week player, if thats true then he's a bad example.

Guest Invicta_Toon

All I hear from Monkey is who's not good enough

what I'd like to know is how he proposes to replace a team and manager when we are making a loss

what I'd like to know is how he proposes to replace a team and manager when we are making a loss

Well, if we don't, we're fucked.

As for the manager - do you, honestly, think Roeder is the man for us?? Yes/no answer is fine.

I agree with some of the sentiments in this thread, thing is though, if some of these players were got rid of (Dyer, Emre, Owen) And replaced with so called lesser players who work hard but aren't pretty, Im fairly sure we'd all be complaining about becoming the new Bolton, Wigan etc. And wouldn't be fully satisfied, the balance between what we're at now and becoming that is where we should aim for, and selling good players won't acheive that.

Dyer and Emre aren't that "good", though. If they were top players, i'd agree with you.

We NEED to replace the majority of the defence, and half of the midfield, or we will NEVER gdet back into the top 6.

Right, so we're looking to sell 'average' players with high wages (Emre, Dyer) then replace them with 'ggod' players, on less of a wage. Hmmm, get the feeling, as awesome as he is, our manager may struggle with that.

If we can't get a better player than Dire for £90k a week, then....oh, fuck it. Of COURSE we can get a better player than this mediocre piece of crap for that kind of money - less, even.

If you think we shoudl keep that quality of player, and thats good enough for you, then good on you, you're Shepherds ideal type of fan. Spin-friendly and blind to the truth.

Okayy...

But who says Dyer isn't good enough for 'where we want to be'? It only sems to be a minority on here that thinks we should selll him. For the record, he isn't a £90,000 a week player, if thats true then he's a bad example.

Yes, he is a £90k or thereabouts player. And he's not a "bad example", he's alive example of a mediocre player on top class wages. As for him not being good enough, he's not - he's done fairly poorly overall, but people are fooled by his running around. His end product is poor. Always has been.

haven't got a future here.

Parker

Carr

Babayaro

Bramble

Ramage

Sibierski

Onyewu

Pattison

O'Brien

Moore* had a good day today, but not enough.

Luque

Please vacate SJP, and free up our wage structure. :coolsmiley:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These players need a kick up the arse, and a serious talking to:

Dyer

Taylor

Emre.

Duff* Just slightly missed out on the above list.

Feel free to add your own..

* Didn't add some of the rabble in the reserves.

Agree with you... on other hand... the listed kick up the arse player.... need to kick up their wages also... max 35 k/week... if they don't agree... just move them at the player who had no future at NUFC... it;s really bother me... when players had high wages but simply mediocre their performance iis....

He's living in a dream world mate.

Dyer is easily good enough to play in our team atm.  Maybe when we get near the top of the league we could look to replace him.  To do so now would be absolutely ridiculous.

He's just got back into the England squad for the first time in 2 years and played brilliantly.  He's been instrumental in our good performances this season and when he's quiet, most of the rest of the team are which indicates that it isn't his ability that's lacking, but his motivation or quality of team mates.

People always say our good results before christmas were because of the youngsters but I reckon it was more to do with Dyer and Martins coming back from injury tbh.

Guest MaetihS

He's living in a dream world mate.

Dyer is easily good enough to play in our team atm.  Maybe when we get near the top of the league we could look to replace him.  To do so now would be absolutely ridiculous.

He's just got back into the England squad for the first time in 2 years and played brilliantly.  He's been instrumental in our good performances this season and when he's quiet, most of the rest of the team are which indicates that it isn't his ability that's lacking, but his motivation or quality of team mates.

People always say our good results before christmas were because of the youngsters but I reckon it was more to do with Dyer and Martins coming back from injury tbh.

Spot on.  One who thinks that Dyer is not good enough for us should face the reality that we are not a top 6 or even 8 club.  We should be glad that players like Dyer and Martins or even Emre and Parker would want to stay next season.  Not to say these players are world beaters but the fact is we can hardly attract players of better or even the same quality to this club anymore.  Yes, i do feel that we are to be stucked as a midtable cub for years to come unless we change the manager.  People blame th Chaiman, yes he makes stupid decisions blah blah but at least he is daft enough to spend time and again and so if we want to find a scapegoat for this crap season and team, GR should be and rightly so the scapegoat.