Obvious Things in Football

Guest Morph

Guest Morph

Bit of a rant here but...

Why is it that obvious things in football can be spotted by millions of fans worldwide, yet the manager of a football club, a supposed clever person, is unable to see it as well?  For instance, Us not being interested in Campbell or Woodgate when we clearly need a new defence, Spurs investment in youth when other clubs don't seem to try half as hard, Ticket Prices being too high, the purchase of foreign shit for luducrous amounts (Luque, Boumsong, Viana, Marcelino etc etc) Stupid as fuck tactics employed against the wrong teams, silly managerial changes that wouldn't benefit the club, not spending money in the right areas and then wondering why your shit, shit clubs buying quality players that you could do with.  Theres loads more, but why the hell don't the clubs listen to people once in a while?  Why is it that millions of people all have the same opinion on a certain subject yet the manager of a football club completey goes against that jusdgement and is made to look like an idiot?

Boils my piss....

Well, fans have the luxury of coming up with decisions without having to look at the whole picture. I think Roeder (and all managers) have a lot more things to balance than we fans take into consideration.

I'm not defending Roeder. I'm just saying...

Agree with the original post and I think that most fans know that Solano is a better RB than Carr and that when Milner came on it should have been for the round one. I think most fans also knew we needed Emre to help unlock the Man City rearguard etc

Not just knocking Roeder, we all knew Souness would fail; we all knew Duff was passed it...oh well, fans can be wrong too!

Guest elbee909

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.  And there'll always be a vocal segment that shouts how much things have turned out how they foresaw, but for every one of those there are many that stay the hell quiet when things turn out how they didn't foresee.

I agree with the OP. There are plenty of managers where you look and ask, "what the hell is he thinking?" The likes of Souness and McClaren more often prove you right than wrong, whereas the likes of Fergie and Benitez often get it spot-on.

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, so presumably a bit more knowledge (or perhaps just the conviction that you actually do know what you're doing) can be much more dangerous.

Guest optimistic nit

tis the culture of the sport. a big percentage of footballers in this country are people who didn't do so well at school, and all managers used to be footballers.