Newcastle submit £300m plans to develop SJP - Official

kirkwdavis2001

Guest Invicta_Toon

anyone mentioned how strange it is that a board so divided,major shareholders want out etc can announce a £300mill building exercise.surely those shareholders desperate to get out wouldn't take on such an undertaking.

even the ones who want out will know this announcement puts value on the club

Spurs are a club our board should model themselves on, they have overtaken us on a budget because their board have got things right on and off the field, their board is better than ours by quite some distance, they've proved there is more to running a football club than throwing money at (poor) managers.

Btw why don't you answer my question with a simple yes or no?

Is it because you can't answer it honestly without putting Fat Freddie in a bad light?

For the last time, I don't give a toss about Spurs. Any teams above us - at the moment - are so because they have a better set of players and a better manager. End of. I also don't give a toss about putting fat freddie in a bad light, although it seems to me that people like you are unable to give any credit for anything that put the board in a good light.

When your beloved Spuds finish in the top 5 for 3 seasons on the trot then I might consider them to have equalled the best run that Newcastle have had in the last decade, until then they have a lot to prove.

In the meantime, have you considered getting a season ticket to watch them ?

I also see you don't comment on the fact you are whinging on about the club not having someone to oversee a youth policy, since I mentioned Alan Irving being brought in to do it by Dalglish. Why is this ? Is this fulfilling your "plan" or not ?

At the end of the day, this club has moved massively forwards under the current board, since they found them staring at relegation to the 3rd divison, 15,000 crowds, bankruptcy and a failed share issue where they couldn't even raise the price of selling Beardsley to Liverpool a few years previously, having sold their best players for years.  If YOU cannot see this, then it is YOUR problem. As I also said, what we really need is someone who gets every decision right, and appoints the right manager every time, who buys all the right players at the right price at the right time, because this appears to be your expectation.

Lastly - see the post above by madras, and give some credit where it is due, instead of simply being unable to say anything that puts the current board in a good light for anything.

This is the last time I am posting about this DOF/Spurs etc to you. Your chums on toonspastic will agree with you if that is what you want. But I don't. There is nothing wrong with NUFC that a good manager will not put right, and when he is appointed we will piss all over Spurs. And BTW, under the current board, we will not be selling them our best players as we did ie Waddle and Gazza, which is when they WERE better run than us, but that is because WE had a s*** board rather than them having a good board.

Are you seriously trying to compare Alan Irvine with us to Damien Comolli at Spurs?! :idiot2: mackems.gif

You really haven't got a clue how a modern football club is run have you? I expect you think they still use shirts for goal posts in training like they did "in your day".

As for Madras point, If I was struggling to sell my house and thought I'd have more success if I had planning permission for an extension on the side then I'd apply for it, wouldn't you?

Yet again you're showing how senile people get when they reach a certain age, I've given the board credit for taking us forward but it's obvious we're on the decline, you won't admit this though as it doesn't fit in with your fat Fred is God agenda, as for getting a Spurs season ticket, that really is the response of someone with little debating skills.

As for selling Waddle and Gazza, how many years ago was that ffs? Is that what you consider the benchmark? Anything better than pre 1992?

Will you be voting for Tony Blair even though he's shite just in case whoever else takes over is as bad as Thatcher? :lol:

As has been said about you before, you're Shepherd's ideal football fan, zero ambition, doesn't mind us slipping backwards as long as it isn't as far back as we were pre 1992 and loves nothing better than a big name trophy signing.

He would love nothing more than to fill SJP with 52,000 other idiots with the same standards as yourself.

There are many of us who see a manager doing his job okay, then him fallign away after a few years, when we finid he hasn't the skills to kepe it going. Some of the managers even see this. Strachan has said he believes a good manger has a lifetime of about 3 or 4 years at a club, a great one can reinvent his side, but these are rare men.

We've seen this over the years with even our best pair eventually running out of steam.

It is strange (to me :) ) that we all seem to accept that this is normal, or just the way it is, yet some of us can justify keeping the managers boss in place for ten years while the club has bounced along having 5 bottom half finishing positions, and losing £60m. Doesn't seem to stack up to me.

Spurs are a club our board should model themselves on, they have overtaken us on a budget because their board have got things right on and off the field, their board is better than ours by quite some distance, they've proved there is more to running a football club than throwing money at (poor) managers.

Btw why don't you answer my question with a simple yes or no?

Is it because you can't answer it honestly without putting Fat Freddie in a bad light?

For the last time, I don't give a toss about Spurs. Any teams above us - at the moment - are so because they have a better set of players and a better manager. End of. I also don't give a toss about putting fat freddie in a bad light, although it seems to me that people like you are unable to give any credit for anything that put the board in a good light.

When your beloved Spuds finish in the top 5 for 3 seasons on the trot then I might consider them to have equalled the best run that Newcastle have had in the last decade, until then they have a lot to prove.

In the meantime, have you considered getting a season ticket to watch them ?

I also see you don't comment on the fact you are whinging on about the club not having someone to oversee a youth policy, since I mentioned Alan Irving being brought in to do it by Dalglish. Why is this ? Is this fulfilling your "plan" or not ?

At the end of the day, this club has moved massively forwards under the current board, since they found them staring at relegation to the 3rd divison, 15,000 crowds, bankruptcy and a failed share issue where they couldn't even raise the price of selling Beardsley to Liverpool a few years previously, having sold their best players for years.  If YOU cannot see this, then it is YOUR problem. As I also said, what we really need is someone who gets every decision right, and appoints the right manager every time, who buys all the right players at the right price at the right time, because this appears to be your expectation.

Lastly - see the post above by madras, and give some credit where it is due, instead of simply being unable to say anything that puts the current board in a good light for anything.

This is the last time I am posting about this DOF/Spurs etc to you. Your chums on toonspastic will agree with you if that is what you want. But I don't. There is nothing wrong with NUFC that a good manager will not put right, and when he is appointed we will piss all over Spurs. And BTW, under the current board, we will not be selling them our best players as we did ie Waddle and Gazza, which is when they WERE better run than us, but that is because WE had a s*** board rather than them having a good board.

Are you seriously trying to compare Alan Irvine with us to Damien Comolli at Spurs?! :idiot2: mackems.gif

You really haven't got a clue how a modern football club is run have you? I expect you think they still use shirts for goal posts in training like they did "in your day".

As for Madras point, If I was struggling to sell my house and thought I'd have more success if I had planning permission for an extension on the side then I'd apply for it, wouldn't you?

Yet again you're showing how senile people get when they reach a certain age, I've given the board credit for taking us forward but it's obvious we're on the decline, you won't admit this though as it doesn't fit in with your fat Fred is God agenda, as for getting a Spurs season ticket, that really is the response of someone with little debating skills.

As for selling Waddle and Gazza, how many years ago was that ffs? Is that what you consider the benchmark? Anything better than pre 1992?

Will you be voting for Tony Blair even though he's shite just in case whoever else takes over is as bad as Thatcher? :lol:

As has been said about you before, you're Shepherd's ideal football fan, zero ambition, doesn't mind us slipping backwards as long as it isn't as far back as we were pre 1992 and loves nothing better than a big name trophy signing.

He would love nothing more than to fill SJP with 52,000 other idiots with the same standards as yourself.

I've told you what I think of this Comolli. If you are talking about a man who scouts then he has a good record, so far. If you are talking about someone who runs and develops a youth team, which you are or have done, then Irvine and Roeder have done this job for Newcastle.

Your daft comments about shirts for goals and the nonsensical remarks about Thatcher and Blair are both pointless, as is your expectations which are from cuckoo land. But you have been making immature comments, directed at me,  on here for a while now.

You are completely unable to see the reality of football. Nobody has a divine right to be successful, under the current board we have acheived our first top 5 positions for 3 consecutive seasons for the first time in over 50 years. This is a fact. It may not suit your "opinion" that they are shite, and don't have a "plan", but its a fact.

You also know absolutely nothing about me and the ambitions I have for this football club. I can assure you that I have not put my hard cash and time into supporting this football club for 42 years to be content to win nothing. Nor did I particularly enjoy watching a team that finished 15th in the league in the 1970's but is described as a golden era on the basis that they had a centre forward to idolise. Basically it was shite, and I am one of the few fans you will find who supported Gordon Lee, because he had ambition way above the club, which is precisely why he pissed off to Everton, a vastly bigger thinking and more ambitious club than we were at that time. Now though, we have an ambitious board who have reached out for success, which is why I don;t knock them for doing this. I realise however that there are numpties out there who take this for granted.

If it is beyond your comprehension that in the real world, qualifying for europe on a fairly regular basis is something that only clubs with good boards of directors achieve, then that is your problem, and given the amount of times I have pointed this out, I am STILL waiting for someone like you to tell us why exactly there are so many people out there who could do better yet nobody has stepped forward to prove it. Which if the current board are so bad as you think should make the job of finding them quite easy. The simple fact is that the level of expectation that you show is symptomatic of the modern Newcastle supporter, who have had these expectations raised by the very board they slate, but are too stupid to see it or even accept it when it is pointed out to you. And if you seriously think I don't want NUFC to be the best team in the country it confirms it in your case.

Its odd that you think I don't understand modern football. Well, I think you don't live in the real world and have no grasp of it whatsoever.

Lastly, I will repeat what I have said to you before. A DOF is bollocks if you have a manager who knows what he is doing. And as for scouts, all clubs have scouts, and all clubs have people running their youth setups. I am not interested in using a fancy title to describe a scout, which is basically all you are doing. Alex Ferguson doesn't need a DOF. Your constant copy and paste jobs about DOF's and following me around to harp on about it is boring the arse off me.

You ought to go and support Spurs, if you admire them so much. And yes, I think that as a club we piss all over clubs like Spurs. I see you don't respond to my comment about us selling them our best players as we did when we had a shite board. Why not ?

And as for "trophy signings", I think you should take a dose of signing players like Jon Stead, if you don't like the club buying quality players. You wouldn't mind telling us just who all these "trophy players" are, would you ? If you don't like the club buying quality players and international footballers, the choice is yours, stop going. You haven't a clue what you are talking about.

Guest Invicta_Toon

There are many of us who see a manager doing his job okay, then him fallign away after a few years, when we finid he hasn't the skills to kepe it going. Some of the managers even see this. Strachan has said he believes a good manger has a lifetime of about 3 or 4 years at a club, a great one can reinvent his side, but these are rare men.

We've seen this over the years with even our best pair eventually running out of steam.

It is strange (to me :) ) that we all seem to accept that this is normal, or just the way it is, yet some of us can justify keeping the managers boss in place for ten years while the club has bounced along having 5 bottom half finishing positions, and losing £60m. Doesn't seem to stack up to me.

probably why he's the one still in the hot seat, and your the one making bitchy websites trying to bring him down with your hobby knowledge of plc finance

probably why he's the one still in the hot seat, and your the one making bitchy websites trying to bring him down with your hobby knowledge of plc finance

sometimes you make some belting posts, and that is certainly one of them

mackems.gif

Blah Blah Blah...

More waffle from you, I didn't even bother reading it as I know what it'll say.

"Pre 1992"

"Gazza"

"Waddle"

"Qualified more for Europe than any other team apart from 4"

"5th best club over the last decade"

"McKeag"

"Bellamy"

"The Scottish fuckpig"

etc etc etc :sleepy2:

sometimes you make some belting posts, and that is certainly one of them

mackems.gif

Most people make "Belting posts" when they fit in with your agenda.

Its odd that you think I don't understand modern football.

Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that, whenever asked for your opinion on the current decline of the club in the evolving situation of the 21st century, you drone on and on about how things were 20 or 30 years ago.

Blah Blah Blah...

More waffle from you, I didn't even bother reading it as I know what it'll say.

"Pre 1992"

"Gazza"

"Waddle"

"Qualified more for Europe than any other team apart from 4"

"5th best club over the last decade"

"McKeag"

"Bellamy"

"The Scottish fuckpig"

etc etc etc :sleepy2:

DOF

Spurs

Shit Board

Comolli

Blah blah blah

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

its not surprising your knowledge and view is so limited when you are only bothered about the clubs history since 1992, BTW.

its not surprising your knowledge and view is so limited when you are only bothered about the clubs history since 1992, BTW.

I'm bothered about where we are now, not where we were 10, 20 or even 30 years ago.

If you had listened to someone with more modern day football knowledge than yourself, someone like me for example, you would have known that Roeder would be an awful appointment, but you didn't did you?

I'm bothered about where we are now, not where we were 10, 20 or even 30 years ago.

If you had listened to someone with more modern day football knowledge than yourself, someone like me for example, you would have known that Roeder would be an awful appointment, but you didn't did you?

and how many times have you seen Newcastle, in the last decade, and before that ?

Like I said, ignorance of history is ignorance of the bigger picture.

If you think 10th in the top league is "awful" then your delusion and lack of awareness of REAL mediocrity is proven, and sadly, whatever you think your knowledge is, it only serves to emphasise your ignorance.

You can continue to call a chief scout a "DOF" if you like, and it makes you feel good.

As I have also said, what we want is directors who make the right appointment every time, who buys the right players at the right price every time, just like every other club does. Perfection every time.

If you think 10th in the top league is "awful" then your delusion and lack of awareness of REAL mediocrity is proven, and sadly, whatever you think your knowledge is, it only serves to emphasise your ignorance.

you're happy about being 10th, are you? :clap: :idiot2:

Dhino lad, how many times have you seen Newcastle play lad ? How much cash and time have you put in following this mediocrity  mackems.gif

Dhino lad, how many times have you seen Newcastle play lad ?

You're happy at 10th spot?

you haven't seen them play have you dinho lad ?

I have, thankfully.

Now, want to answer my question?

and how many times have you seen Newcastle, in the last decade, and before that ?

You can continue to call a chief scout a "DOF" if you like, and it makes you feel good.

As I have also said, what we want is directors who make the right appointment every time, who buys the right players at the right price every time, just like every other club does. Perfection every time.

Ah the "How many games have you been to" argument! :lol: You asked me that about a month and I told you, still you can't remember answering questions in this thread so I don't expect you to remember something from a month ago.

10th is awful though for the 5th best team over the past decade! mackems.gif

As for a DOF, I find it extremely funny that you argue you don't want one when you don't even know what one is. :lol: I really can't be bothered to argue with a sad old twat like yourself with an obvious agenda anymore, the sort of sad twat who signs up to a shite site like Howaythetoon pretending to be me so that he can have something in his signature.

Obsessed tbh.

PS - I've edited your spelling mistake for you.

I have, thankfully.

dinho lad, I am only happy when Newcastle win, every game, however I realise that you will not be able to understand the concept of actually paying money, travelling, and supporting a football team for decades whether good, bad, winning or losing, getting relegated, winning promotion, being 2nd bottom of the league or 2nd top.  You don't moan because you can't do anything about it, you just support them, and you don't do it unless you think, or rather hope,  they are going to win.

One day you may understand, possibly when you go to your 2nd game.

I have, thankfully.

dinho lad, I am only happy when Newcastle win, every game, however I realise that you will not be able to understand the concept of actually paying money, travelling, and supporting a football team for decades whether good, bad, winning or losing, getting relegated, winning promotion, being 2nd bottom of the league or 2nd top.  You don't moan because you can't do anything about it, you just support them, and you don't do it unless you think, or rather hope,  they are going to win.

Travelling?  :lol: I bet you've never been outside of Newcastle your whole life, mate. :D

Ah the "How many games have you been to" argument! :lol: You asked me that about a month and I told you, still you can't remember answering questions in this thread so I don't expect you to remember something from a month ago.

As for a DOF, I find it extremely funny that you argue you don't want one when you don't even know what one is. :lol: I really can't be bothered to argue with a sad old twat like yourself with an obvious agenda anymore, the sort of sad twat who signs up to a shite site like Howaythetoon pretending to be me so that he can have something in his signature.

Obsessed tbh.

oh dear, I'm chuffed, I have a stalker.

You get dafter by the minute.

Congratulations on the site you have eerrr....setup, signed up to ? I'm sure you will get loads of brilliant posters all talking about your DOF.

I haven't got a clue what you mean about setting up a username, I don't care if it is you or not. In fact, I'm glad it isn't now that you say it isn't. We would rather not have to listen to you harping on about DOF's all the time.

I have, thankfully.

Travelling?  :lol: I bet you've never been outside of Newcastle your whole life, mate. :D

mackems.gif

As for a DOF, I find it extremely funny that you argue you don't want one when you don't even know what one is. :lol: I really can't be bothered to argue with a sad old t*** like yourself with an obvious agenda anymore, the sort of sad t*** who signs up to a s**** site like Howaythetoon pretending to be me so that he can have something in his signature.

Obsessed tbh.

oh dear, I'm chuffed, I have a stalker.

You get dafter by the minute.

Congratulations on the site you have eerrr....setup, signed up to ? I'm sure you will get loads of brilliant posters all talking about your DOF.

I haven't got a clue what you mean about setting up a username, I don't care if it is you or not. In fact, I'm glad it isn't now that you say it isn't. We would rather not have to listen to you harping on about DOF's all the time.

I'm sure it wasn't you, I suppose you're not Leazes"top boss Souness"Mag on toontastic either even though you have exactly the same IP address and post exactly the same posts. :idiot2: :lol:

You're off your fucking head you silly old fool.