Newcastle submit £300m plans to develop SJP - Official

kirkwdavis2001

This is the same for EVERY club, Arsenal, Chelsea, ManU and Liverpool have all made bad choices too. I know you won't believe this, but its true.

Perhaps you can name the bad managerial choices any of these clubs have made in the last ten years.

Gullit...? ;)

aye, Gullit. And Vialli too, where is he these days  ;)

When did Liverpool appoint Roy Evans ? And just before Wenger, Arsenal appointed Rioch, who last a

year.

Roy Evans? 1994. More than ten years ago. Rioch? 1995. More than ten years ago.

Food for thought for mandiarse is that if Keegan had not left, then he could well still be here just as Wenger and Ferguson.

But here on planet Earth, Keegan did leave.

How many other clubs can you name that haven't made any shit appointments Ozzie ?

The discussion was about Liverpool, Man U, Arsenal and Chelsea, following on from your post that specifically cited those clubs. Stop trying to move the goalposts just because it's sunk in that you can't win that one.

Are you conceding that only 4 clubs have made less bad choices as manager than us ?

No, I was pointing out that clubs you mentioned in defence of Shepherd re. managerial appointments as "having made bad decisions" had, in the period of Shepherd's reign, made hardly any bad managerial decisions. Your pie-eating poster boy has, in fact, made more bad managerial appointments than all four of those clubs put together.

As i said, on planet earth...

Do let us know when you intend to arrive.

Unfortunately for you, the word "four" is significant, again. Because they are the only 4 clubs that you can name blah blah blah usual bullshit blah

No, you named them. I merely demonstrated how that defeated your own argument.

No, my arguement is that only 4 clubs have qualified more than us for europe, and I named them. Who else can you name ?

You seem to have the memory of a goldfish.

Your argument was this:

This is the same for EVERY club, Arsenal, Chelsea, ManU and Liverpool have all made bad choices too. I know you won't believe this, but its true.

To which I pointed out that in the period that Shepherd has been making the decisions, he has made more bad choices than those four clubs put together.

two of them have not made a decision at all.

No need. They had chairmen intelligent enough to get it right and who then backed their managers.

only 2 though ?

The other 89 clubs should all follow their outstanding example and make long term appointments that all work out so everybody wins trophies galore.

And now many of those 89 also have the other resources needed for success?

Look at it this way. How many English clubs have won more trophies than us since Shepherd has been in charge? About nine, I think. Maybe it's even more.

Now how many of those clubs have a stronger fan base than us? More money? A bigger stadium?

Perhaps you can name the bad managerial choices any of these clubs have made in the last ten years.

Gullit...? ;)

When did Liverpool appoint Roy Evans ? And just before Wenger, Arsenal appointed Rioch, who last a

year.

Food for thought for mandiarse is that if Keegan had not left, then he could well still be here just as Wenger and Ferguson.

How many other clubs can you name that haven't made any shit appointments Ozzie ?

The discussion was about Liverpool, Man U, Arsenal and Chelsea, following on from your post that specifically cited those clubs. Stop trying to move the goalposts just because it's sunk in that you can't win that one.

Are you conceding that only 4 clubs have made less bad choices as manager than us ?

No, I was pointing out that clubs you mentioned in defence of Shepherd re. managerial appointments as "having made bad decisions" had, in the period of Shepherd's reign, made hardly any bad managerial decisions. Your pie-eating poster boy has, in fact, made more bad managerial appointments than all four of those clubs put together.

Unfortunately for you, the word "four" is significant, again. Because they are the only 4 clubs that you can name blah blah blah usual bullshit blah

No, my arguement is that only 4 clubs have qualified more than us for europe, and I named them. Who else can you name ?

Your argument was this:

To which I pointed out that in the period that Shepherd has been making the decisions, he has made more bad choices than those four clubs put together.

No need. They had chairmen intelligent enough to get it right and who then backed their managers.

only 2 though ?

The other 89 clubs should all follow their outstanding example and make long term appointments that all work out so everybody wins trophies galore.

Look at it this way. How many English clubs have won more trophies than us since Shepherd has been in charge? About nine, I think. Maybe it's even more.

Now how many of those clubs have a stronger fan base than us? More money? A bigger stadium?

8 to be precise. The 4 names I mention, plus :

smoggies, Leicester, Blackburn, and Spuds

However, If you would swap our last decade with the smoggies, Leicester, Blackburn winning the League Cup - complete with relegations -  and Spuds then its your lookout. Each to their own. With a view like that though, I bet you are one of those who think finishing 15th in the 1970's for 3 consecutive years and reaching the FA Cup Final is a real golden era, just because we had a centre forward to idolise  ?

Shame if you do, but now consider 2nd, 13th, 13th, 11th, 11th, 4th, 3rd, 5th, 14th and 7th nowadays to be failure, why is this ?

Gullit...? ;)

year.

How many other clubs can you name that haven't made any s*** appointments Ozzie ?

Your argument was this:

only 2 though ?

However, If you would swap our last decade with the smoggies, Leicester, Blackburn winning the League Cup - complete with relegations -  and Spuds then its your lookout. Each to their own. With a view like that though, I bet you are one of those who think finishing 15th in the 1970's for 3 consecutive years and reaching the FA Cup Final is a real golden era, just because we had a centre forward to idolise  ?

Shame if you do, but now consider 2nd, 13th, 13th, 11th, 11th, 4th, 3rd, 5th, 14th and 7th nowadays to be failure, why is this ?

Do you think the club is going backwards and other clubs are overtaking us?

A simple yes or no will do.

Gullit...? ;)

year.

Your argument was this:

only 2 though ?

Do you have some kind of bizarre psychological aversion to answering a simple question?

This one was:

Gullit...? ;)

year.

How many other clubs can you name that haven't made any s*** appointments Ozzie ?

Your argument was this:

only 2 though ?

Expect a load of drivel about how we're currently the fifth best club in the galaxy and getting rid of Shepherd would mean the return of Gordon McKeag

Gullit...? ;)

year.

Your argument was this:

only 2 though ?

Do you have some kind of bizarre psychological aversion to answering a simple question?

This one was:

We had a stronger base than 20-odd teams for over 30 years who finished above us, now it is only 4 teams who have qualified for europe more than us by virtue of league position over a decade. Thats quite an improvement.

Now, my question to you was :

to be precise. The 4 names I mention, plus :

Gullit...? ;)

year.

Your argument was this:

only 2 though ?

This one was:

We had a stronger base than 20-odd teams for over 30 years who finished above us, now it is only 4 teams who have qualified for europe more than us by virtue of league position over a decade. Thats quite an improvement.

Try again. You still didn't answer my question.

Or, I notice, Baggio's – which was even easier.

Is it some kind of phobia? Have you considered getting professional help?

Gullit...? ;)

year.

Your argument was this:

only 2 though ?

This one was:

Or, I notice, Baggio's – which was even easier.

I have answered you.

Baggio has nothing to do with you, does he ?

Basically, you won't answer mine, because you know I've got you pretty much going round in circles, because you can't and you know it.

Are we still better off without Craig Bellamy ?

Why won't you answer my question NE5? This is the third time I've asked you this.

Gullit...? ;)

year.

Your argument was this:

only 2 though ?

This one was:

Or, I notice, Baggio's ? which was even easier.

I have answered you.

This is a particular pointless lie because anyone can see that you haven't.

No, but I was interested in your inability to answer his question, too.

This was it: "Do you think the club is going backwards and other clubs are overtaking us?"

You can't say yes, because you trying to pretend that Shepherd is doing a great job, but you can't say no, because it's obvious that the club is going backwards and other clubs are overtaking us.

Similar thing with my unanswered question, which involves acknowledging that lots of clubs are managing their resources much better than Shepherd has done.

Another pathetic attempt to change the subject.

Gullit...? ;)

year.

Your argument was this:

only 2 though ?

This one was:

I have answered you.

This was it: "Do you think the club is going backwards and other clubs are overtaking us?"

You can't say yes, because you trying to pretend that Shepherd is doing a great job, but you can't say no, because it's obvious that the club is going backwards and other clubs are overtaking us.

Similar thing with my unanswered question, which involves acknowledging that lots of clubs are managing their resources much better than Shepherd has done.

I have gave Baggio my comments on the board almost as much as you. He thinks a DOF will cure all ills, so obviously everybody should appoint a DOF then everybody will be successful and there will never be any failures ever again, and we will win all the cups and trophies just like everybody else who has a DOF, especially all the club who have qualified for europe more than us, which is every club in the country, bar 4.

So, why do you think we had over 20 clubs finishing above us on a regular basis for over 30 years despite having a huge fanbase and the ability to fill the stadium every home game ?

The question about Bellamy is a long standing one, that you have never answered, and I just remembered about it.

Gullit...? ;)

year.

Your argument was this:

only 2 though ?

This one was:

I have answered you.

I have gave Baggio my comments on the board almost as much as you. He thinks a DOF will cure all ills, so obviously everybody should appoint a DOF then everybody will be successful and there will never be any failures ever again, and we will win all the cups and trophies just like everybody else who has a DOF, especially all the club who have qualified for europe more than us, which is every club in the country, bar 4.

So, why do you think we had over 20 clubs finishing above us on a regular basis for over 30 years despite having a huge fanbase and the ability to fill the stadium every home game ?

The question about Bellamy is a long standing one, that you have never answered, and I just remembered about it.

I've never said it will cure all of our problems at all, I've said other clubs have had success with it and we should look into finding someone to totally transform our youth scouting set up. Stop making things up.

Can you answer this NE5, fourth time I've asked you.

Gullit...? ;)

year.

Your argument was this:

only 2 though ?

This one was:

I have answered you.

Please stop these childish attempts to change the subject and answer my simple question.

Gullit...? ;)

year.

Your argument was this:

only 2 though ?

This one was:

I have answered you.

I've never said it will cure all of our problems at all, I've said other clubs have had success with it and we should look into finding someone to totally transform our youth scouting set up. Stop making things up.

I believe Alan Irving did this job when Dalglish restored the youth policy.

Roeder also carried on where he left off.

I think that it is fairly obvious that everybody ought to improve every year, so everybody gets better every year, and failure will become a thing of the past, and nobody will ever finish in a lower position than before, if they appoint someone to make the right appointment every time, and for that person to appoint the right manager every time.

Happy ?

There is nothing wrong with Newcastle United that a good manager won't put right, and he will be backed by the board, which is better than the vast majority of clubs who don't back their managers, as have had ourselves, and any current replacements we might have running the club, because such a thing is not automatic and is highly possible. It is pointless explaining this to you any more, because you clearly think a replacement board will get everything right, every time, and show huge ambition and back their managers to the hilt, because we have a right to expect this and it simply isn't possible to have a board who is happy to sit in mid table, take higher dividends, lose out on signing the top players because they won't pay their wage demands, and not be bothered about keeping our best players. Your chums on the other board will agree with you, if thats what you want and what makes you happy.

Thats the last time I answer your comments about DOF's, and daft unrealistic expectations BTW. I'm bored with them.

no doubt shepherd has contributed to some of our strong showings over the past decade but has he maintained this record?

i'm sure you'd acknowledge that SBR, for instance, turned us from a mid-table side into a champion's league side, but that near the end of his reign he was losing it. is it not the case that though Shepherd was good for a few years, he's also began to lose it? since bobby's last season he's also been making some poor decisions and as a result the club has faltered.

if it is possible for skills of players and managers to reduce and fade over time, then surely the same is true for Chairman?

Gullit...? ;)

year.

Your argument was this:

only 2 though ?

This one was:

I have answered you.

I think that it is fairly obvious that everybody ought to improve every year, so everybody gets better every year, and failure will become a thing of the past, and nobody will ever finish in a lower position than before, if they appoint someone to make the right appointment every time, and for that person to appoint the right manager every time.

Happy ?

There is nothing wrong with Newcastle United that a good manager won't put right, and he will be backed by the board, which is better than the vast majority of clubs who don't back their managers, as have had ourselves, and any current replacements we might have running the club, because such a thing is not automatic and is highly possible. It is pointless explaining this to you any more, because you clearly think a replacement board will get everything right, every time, and show huge ambition and back their managers to the hilt, because we have a right to expect this and it simply isn't possible to have a board who is happy to sit in mid table, take higher dividends, lose out on signing the top players because they won't pay their wage demands, and not be bothered about keeping our best players. Your chums on the other board will agree with you, if thats what you want and what makes you happy.

Thats the last time I answer your comments about DOF's, and daft unrealistic expectations BTW. I'm bored with them.

Another laughable failure to answer a simple question.

Gullit...? ;)

year.

Your argument was this:

only 2 though ?

This one was:

I have answered you.

Happy ?

You've still avoided my question, I've got another one for you too.

Do you think we're going backwards and other clubs are overtaking us? Do you think Spurs have overtaken us?

Yes or No.

And please don't go on about me saying a replacement board will get everything right, I've not said it or know of anyone ever saying that but it fits in with your argument so you keep using it.

It comes to something when you have to make things up to back up your arguments.

Gullit...? ;)

year.

Your argument was this:

only 2 though ?

This one was:

I have answered you.

Happy ?

Another laughable failure to answer a simple question.

people are complaining about copying and pasting. I've answered your question, and can't be arsed to repeat it. You will have to look.

The question "do you still think we are better off without Craig Bellamy" is however, current ? I hope you will answer a simple question.

Gullit...? ;)

year.

Your argument was this:

only 2 though ?

This one was:

I have answered you.

Happy ?

You've still avoided my question, I've got another one for you too.

Do you think we're going backwards and other clubs are overtaking us? Do you think Spurs have overtaken us?

Yes or No.

And please don't go on about me saying a replacement board will get everything right, I've not said it or know of anyone ever saying that but it fits in with your argument so you keep using it.

It comes to something when you have to make things up to back up your arguments.

I don't care about Spurs. YOu have a strange obsession with Spurs. Now, as I've said to mandy, people are complaining about copying and pasting. My comments about the board, and a DOF, have been said many times. Look for them. And it may do you good to look at the Spurs boards, or meet some of their supporters, because plenty of them are whinging on about their own club too, just like you and NUFC.

As I said, what we really need is someone who gets it right every time, its that easy. Your chums on the other board will agree with you, but I'm afraid thats my reply.

Spurs are a club our board should model themselves on, they have overtaken us on a budget because their board have got things right on and off the field, their board is better than ours by quite some distance, they've proved there is more to running a football club than throwing money at (poor) managers.

Btw why don't you answer my question with a simple yes or no?

Is it because you can't answer it honestly without putting Fat Freddie in a bad light?

anyone mentioned how strange it is that a board so divided,major shareholders want out etc can announce a £300mill building exercise.surely those shareholders desperate to get out wouldn't take on such an undertaking.

Spurs are a club our board should model themselves on, they have overtaken us on a budget because their board have got things right on and off the field, their board is better than ours by quite some distance, they've proved there is more to running a football club than throwing money at (poor) managers.

Btw why don't you answer my question with a simple yes or no?

Is it because you can't answer it honestly without putting Fat Freddie in a bad light?

For the last time, I don't give a toss about Spurs. Any teams above us - at the moment - are so because they have a better set of players and a better manager. End of. I also don't give a toss about putting fat freddie in a bad light, although it seems to me that people like you are unable to give any credit for anything that put the board in a good light.

When your beloved Spuds finish in the top 5 for 3 seasons on the trot then I might consider them to have equalled the best run that Newcastle have had in the last decade, until then they have a lot to prove.

In the meantime, have you considered getting a season ticket to watch them ?

I also see you don't comment on the fact you are whinging on about the club not having someone to oversee a youth policy, since I mentioned Alan Irving being brought in to do it by Dalglish. Why is this ? Is this fulfilling your "plan" or not ?

At the end of the day, this club has moved massively forwards under the current board, since they found them staring at relegation to the 3rd divison, 15,000 crowds, bankruptcy and a failed share issue where they couldn't even raise the price of selling Beardsley to Liverpool a few years previously, having sold their best players for years.  If YOU cannot see this, then it is YOUR problem. As I also said, what we really need is someone who gets every decision right, and appoints the right manager every time, who buys all the right players at the right price at the right time, because this appears to be your expectation.

Lastly - see the post above by madras, and give some credit where it is due, instead of simply being unable to say anything that puts the current board in a good light for anything.

This is the last time I am posting about this DOF/Spurs etc to you. Your chums on toonspastic will agree with you if that is what you want. But I don't. There is nothing wrong with NUFC that a good manager will not put right, and when he is appointed we will piss all over Spurs. And BTW, under the current board, we will not be selling them our best players as we did ie Waddle and Gazza, which is when they WERE better run than us, but that is because WE had a shit board rather than them having a good board.