What the hell's his problem??? (Alan Oliver related thread)

Guest hindu times

Also, it's worth noting that this isn't the first time Oliver has openly disagreed with something that Roeder has said - the bloke might need to keep good relations with the club, but he's still a journo at the end of the day. I'm sure Roeder will appreciate that he's entitled to his opinion and that he's trying to find the balance between the fans and the club, while being an utter arse along with it.

...if you want to put me on ths spot I'd say he's gone.. ;) :cheesy:

Guest optimistic nit

Personally, I saw the players taking the blame yet again, rather than the Gaffer/Shepherd.

"for the record etc..."

re read the article for the exact quote.

nowt major but a criticism none the less.

Guest Gemmill

Parky loves a good conspiracy theory. :razz:  It's got fuck all to do with Shepherd letting Oliver off the leash or anything like that imo.  Shepherd needs the grief about as much as Roeder does.

We'll see. If he goes before next season I'll give you your due, but I cannot see it happening. Too many excuses this season for him to use which will see him keep the job at least until August and even then I bet we get more injuries or some scandal that will see him survive for a few months longer... or he could turn it around... ^-^

Parky loves a good conspiracy theory. :razz:  It's got fuck all to do with Shepherd letting Oliver off the leash or anything like that imo.  Shepherd needs the grief about as much as Roeder does.

Didier Dom-Perignon. :lol: O0

Personally, I saw the players taking the blame yet again, rather than the Gaffer/Shepherd.

"for the record etc..."

re read the article for the exact quote.

nowt major but a criticism none the less.

He said the jeering for Roeder and his team was fully deserved and that he thinks we could be in a dogfight if we keep playing like this, whereas Roeder doesn't.

If you re-read the article you will see the rest of it blames the players alone and there's absolutely nothing levelled at FS/GR, which is what I said initially.

Thing is Anal likes to think he writes the views of the fans, but how many times has everyone been furious with Freddy and wanted the Chroncile to print our views, and nowt has been done.

Aanl writes his own bitter, sad bollocked views and likes to think we all agree with him.

Thing is Anal likes to think he writes the views of the fans, but how many times has everyone been furious with Freddy and wanted the Chroncile to print our views, and nowt has been done.

Aanl writes his own bitter, sad bollocked views and likes to think we all agree with him.

He doesn't exactly have an easy job, does he? I keep saying that while he has no excuse for being an arse the majority of the time, he does have an excuse for not being able to write his full opinions about the chairman/club. He relies on exclusives from NUFC to sell his papers and to upkeep his surprisingly good reputation, if you take that away then he might as well write for True Faith or the Journal.

Guest optimistic nit

For what it's worth, I don't agree with Glenn Roeder's declaration that his side are clear of the relegation zone

thats a quote by the way

I understand its a thin line he walks to keep the club onside, but its his job to put both sides of a story, when he writes "the fans views" does he even talk t any fans or does he just make it up ?

Certain players seem untocuable to him, others he can't wait to jump alover.

For what it's worth, I don't agree with Glenn Roeder's declaration that his side are clear of the relegation zone

thats a quote by the way

Quite scathing and on a touchy subject for Glenda. blueyes.gif

Guest optimistic nit

thats a quote by the way

Quite scathing and on a touchy subject for Glenda. blueyes.gif

aye right as we speak he's on his way to alan's office and have it out with him.  O0

thats a quote by the way

I was reading from the initial article in the thread, which unsurprisingly says exactly the same as your selected quote, along with the fact that Roeder/the team "deserved" to be jeered from the field. So there's two "criticisms" for you, apparently - when really only the second one is such.

What, exactly, is your point here? I've already said that he's disagreed about the relegation issue and that in the Damien Duff article (i.e. the one that this thread was started about) the players take all of the blame apart from in the two lines I've already mentioned.

How many times do you want me to say it? The players take the vast majority of the blame in today's Chronicle and there are a total of three sentences specifically about Glenn Roeder, two of which are exactly the same as each other but in different stories. It's hardly a damning indictment from Shepherd handed down via Oliver, is it?

He has disagreed with Roeder before, as well, over certain comments that he's made at certain times - I think it's Parky-tastic that people are picking up so highly on one line that is merely a journalist offering an alternative opinion to a manager.

He doesn't exactly have an easy job, does he? I keep saying that while he has no excuse for being an arse the majority of the time, he does have an excuse for not being able to write his full opinions about the chairman/club. He relies on exclusives from NUFC to sell his papers and to upkeep his surprisingly good reputation, if you take that away then he might as well write for True Faith or the Journal.

True but it's also worth noting that The Journal are much more objective in their coverage of NUFC. Oliver might as well be writing for the official website for all the objectivity he has. On a different note, Roeder's days are probably numbered once Oliver starts having a pop at him

True but it's also worth noting that The Journal are much more objective in there coverage of NUFC. Oliver might as well be writing for the official website for all the objectivity he has. On a different note, Roeder's days are probably numbered once Oliver starts having a pop at him

Oh definitely, but you don't see the lads from the Journal getting their mugs on SSN every time a story about the Toon comes out. I'm not saying it's right and I'm not saying I think Oliver writes better stories than the Journal lads (because he doesn't), but it's not hard to appreciate that he has to keep in with Shepherd to sell his papers.

Guest optimistic nit

thats a quote by the way

I was reading from the initial article in the thread, which unsurprisingly says exactly the same as your selected quote, along with the fact that Roeder/the team "deserved" to be jeered from the field. So there's two "criticisms" for you, apparently - when really only the second one is such.

What, exactly, is your point here? I've already said that he's disagreed about the relegation issue and that in the Damien Duff article (i.e. the one that this thread was started about) the players take all of the blame apart from in the two lines I've already mentioned.

How many times do you want me to say it? The players take the vast majority of the blame in today's Chronicle and there are a total of three sentences specifically about Glenn Roeder, two of which are exactly the same as each other but in different stories. It's hardly a damning indictment from Shepherd handed down via Oliver, is it?

He has disagreed with Roeder before, as well, over certain comments that he's made at certain times - I think it's Parky-tastic that people are picking up so highly on one line that is merely a journalist offering an alternative opinion to a manager.

calm down.

thats a quote by the way

More importantly word has got round that "I" have cut Glenda loose. :lol:

thats a quote by the way

calm down.

I'm alright man. I'm just at a loss to understand why you've told me to read the article "again" and then when I do and comment on it, you simply post a quote from another article that says exactly the same as one I've already directly written in a post. It's like you're walking in a big circle and constantly asking me to follow you because we're going to end up somewhere great - and I'm daft enough to keep going!

I will admit that it's frustrating when I'm trying to have a reasoned conversation about a couple of pieces of news and I'm being condescendingly told by a lad who thinks Shearer offered NUFC "very little" in eight years to "re-read" the article because I'm disagreeing with him - in the vain hope that I'll magically see the light and realise I'm completely wrong about the way I've looked at it. The fact is, though, that Oliver again blames the players for lines and lines and lines and Roeder gets three of them of what might be called criticism over two whole articles. I'm just saying, I'm not sure he's a goner just yet.

It's at times like these I can understand why Vic is an utter cycle-path on this board most of the time. :lol:

True but it's also worth noting that The Journal are much more objective in there coverage of NUFC. Oliver might as well be writing for the official website for all the objectivity he has. On a different note, Roeder's days are probably numbered once Oliver starts having a pop at him

Oh definitely, but you don't see the lads from the Journal getting their mugs on SSN every time a story about the Toon comes out. I'm not saying it's right and I'm not saying I think Oliver writes better stories than the Journal lads (because he doesn't), but it's not hard to appreciate that he has to keep in with Shepherd to sell his papers.

Aye, plus he's been in Shepherd's pocket, as it were, for such a long time now that he's 'beyond the point of no return' in the sense of him ever regaining any journalistic credibility.

I am not sure. I think the club needs the papers more than it is the other way round. The paper will always find stories and sources, but any club needs the local papers itself to feed them with their spin. And Anal O doesn't really have any competition. That's why the club would never let him run dry...

We'll see. If he goes before next season I'll give you your due, but I cannot see it happening. Too many excuses this season for him to use which will see him keep the job at least until August and even then I bet we get more injuries or some scandal that will see him survive for a few months longer... or he could turn it around... ^-^

lets be honest here there  is practically no chance of roeder getting sacked this season unless the majority of fans make a concerted effort at games to make there voices heard and make it so uncomfortable for freddy that he has to act and get rid .roeder just puts down the fans and blames everyone else for our predicament when his track record shows he is not up to it and is visibly crumbling in front of us with  seige mentality .he is basically slagging off his players and there value drops accordingly and has a negative effect for coming games as he cannot motivate .

There was that shakey point for Oliver last season when Shepherd refused to speak to him for a while, though, so the bloke does have the occasional brave moment where he'll tell it as he really sees it. I bet he fucking hates FS more than any of us do, really, I know it comes naturally to some people but arse-licking him and his cronies for this long must be fucking soul-destroying for anyone.

It's a catch-22 really, the bloke is losing credibility with the fans as more and more have their eyes opened up to his true position, but he sees himself as being in an unassailable place due to his role under Shepherd/amongst the ignorant masses. I do genuinely think there'll be a lot of people in the region who take Oliver as their gospel on all things NUFC, which is a shame really because it continually allows the club to get away with murder in the way that Isegrim has suggested.

Not for much longer though, looking at it.

lets be honest here there  is practically no chance of roeder getting sacked this season unless the majority of fans make a concerted effort at games to make there voices heard and make it so uncomfortable for freddy that he has to act and get rid .roeder just puts down the fans and blames everyone else for our predicament when his track record shows he is not up to it and is visibly crumbling in front of us with  seige mentality .he is basically slagging off his players and there value drops accordingly and has a negative effect for coming games as he cannot motivate .

Zero goals and zero points from our next three games might do it though - and not beyond the realms of possibility either...

Guest optimistic nit

i like how i've gone from saying that shearer "offered only goals" and now "offered very little" when i said neither of these things. soon i suppose your going to quote me saying that i thought shearer was a waste of space, shouldn't have been signed in the first place and was a disgrace to the shirt, when my actual point was supposed to be that shearer was one of those strikers (like martins) that could be invisible for 90 minutes but change a game. i've already conceded defeat on this point by the way, i was wrong. my memory of shearer is obviously incorrect, and that when not scoring he did get numerous assists, and set up countless goals and moves for other players. i don't see why this is still being brought up when i've admitted i was wrong. i suppose if i contribute in a different thread my opinions will still be bullshite because i thought that shearer "contributed "very little" in 8 years", thus qualifying all my subsequent posts as nothing more than complete rubbish.

I also, do not think roeder is gone, i don't think he will ever go, i think that in his death his ghost will still be here, haunting us and reminding us, but then i thought the same about souness.

nor did i tell you aggressively to re read the article. all i said was that i couldn't remember the exact quote, and for you to find it you would have to re read the article. i then re read the article and found that the quote was very similar to something you said. 2-0 to you i guess.

I do not appriciate being talken down to by any members of this forum as though you have some higher intelligence because i had a silly recolection of alan shearer, and then supporting this with two quotes of things i didn't say, completely out of context.

i like how i've gone from saying that shearer "offered only goals" and now "offered very little" when i said neither of these things. soon i suppose your going to quote me saying that i thought shearer was a waste of space, shouldn't have been signed in the first place and was a disgrace to the shirt, when my actual point was supposed to be that shearer was one of those strikers (like martins) that could be invisible for 90 minutes but change a game. i've already conceded defeat on this point by the way, i was wrong. my memory of shearer is obviously incorrect, and that when not scoring he did get numerous assists, and set up countless goals and moves for other players. i don't see why this is still being brought up when i've admitted i was wrong. i suppose if i contribute in a different thread my opinions will still be bullshite because i thought that shearer "contributed "very little" in 8 years", thus qualifying all my subsequent posts as nothing more than complete rubbish.

I also, do not think roeder is gone, i don't think he will ever go, i think that in his death his ghost will still be here, haunting us and reminding us, but then i thought the same about souness.

nor did i tell you aggressively to re read the article. all i said was that i couldn't remember the exact quote, and for you to find it you would have to re read the article. i then re read the article and found that the quote was very similar to something you said. 2-0 to you i guess.

I do not appriciate being talken down to by any members of this forum as though you have some higher intelligence because i had a silly recolection of alan shearer, and then supporting this with two quotes of things i didn't say, completely out of context.

calm down.