Who should be dropped?

Skirge

I'd drop Parker and Carr, I think they're both taking their places for granted a bit at the moment. Put Solano back at RB, give Milner the right wing and put Emre in the centre and I bet you will see a more creative team.

Duff did nowt against City but was one of our more committed players. I'd be tempted to give him another chance against Sheff Utd and pull him out for Zoggy if he's not up to scratch.

I'd drop Parker and Carr, I think they're both taking their places for granted a bit at the moment. Put Solano back at RB, give Milner the right wing and put Emre in the centre and I bet you will see a more creative team.

Duff did nowt against City but was one of our more committed players. I'd be tempted to give him another chance against Sheff Utd and pull him out for Zoggy if he's not up to scratch.

Duff creates nowt AGAIN, bit gets his umpteenth chance? Bollocks to it.

All eleven players were crap, let's be honest, and at least half weren't even up for it.

Duff was one of those few who gave a s*** and our best attacks (if you could call them that) came down that left hand side.

Mind I wouldn't be upset to see Zoggy start on Saturday. There's bound to be some rotation with the Arsenal game two days later.

All eleven players were crap, let's be honest, and at least half weren't even up for it.

Duff was one of those few who gave a s*** and our best attacks (if you could call them that) came down that left hand side.

Mind I wouldn't be upset to see Zoggy start on Saturday. There's bound to be some rotation with the Arsenal game two days later.

i would never play Duff ahead of The Zog. Ever. Duff has shown "commitment" 3 or 4 times, and shiteness every time. Fuck him, and the jewel-encrusted, solid gold, money-shiting horse he rode in on.

Guest Darth Toon

I think this is what Glenn will play:

Given

Solano - Taylor - Ramage - Babayaro

Dyer - Butt - Parker - Duff

Sibierski - Martins

Guest shearer_united

Just out of curiousity..

Why was Parker given the captaincy? I can name a few who deserve to be captain other than him.

Just out of curiousity..

Why was Parker given the captaincy? I can name a few who deserve to be captain other than him.

Name one who deserves it at all?

Given, Solano?

Just out of curiousity..

Given, Solano?

Given can't assert himself on his defence, he'd be a shit captain.

Solano hasn't looked like a captain this season, really. He's just a less-bad right back than Carr.

Who should be dropped?

Carr for Milner.

Moore for Edgar.

Babayaro for N'Zogbia.

Parker for Emre.

Martins for Sibierski.

Line-up:

Given

Solano Taylor Edgar Duff

Milner Butt Emre N'Zogbia

Dyer Sibierski

Just out of curiousity..

Given, Solano?

Given can't assert himself on his defence, he'd be a shit captain.

Solano hasn't looked like a captain this season, really. He's just a less-bad right back than Carr.

Has Parker looked like a captain this season?

Guest shearer_united

Just out of curiousity..

Given, Solano?

Butt << without thinking twice

Solano

Given

Emre (second choice captain)

Dyer  <<  yes, dyer !!

Just out of curiousity..

Given, Solano?

Solano

Given

Dyer  <<  yes, dyer !!

Butt? Poissibly, i guess

Solano? No

Given? No chance.

Emre? Fuck that. HE disappears too much.

Dyer? Thats a fucking laugh.

And Nate - no, PArker hasn't looked like a captain. That wasn't my point. My point was that none of them have.

Guest shearer_united

Just out of curiousity..

Given, Solano?

Solano

Given

Dyer  <<  yes, dyer !!

Butt? Poissibly, i guess

Solano? No

Given? No chance.

Emre? f*** that. HE disappears too much.

Dyer? Thats a f****** laugh.

And Nate - no, PArker hasn't looked like a captain. That wasn't my point. My point was that none of them have.

Dyers got that spark to captain a team to victory. Thats what i think.

I agree we lack a natural leader but someone had to be given the armband and it probably should have been Shay due to how long he has been here & the fact he's guaranteed a starting place every week, if nothing else.

Shearer United, there's no way Roeder could have made Butt or Dyer captain at the beginning of this season.

Just out of curiousity..

Given, Solano?

Solano

Given

Dyer  <<  yes, dyer !!

Butt? Poissibly, i guess

Solano? No

Given? No chance.

Emre? f*** that. HE disappears too much.

Dyer? Thats a f****** laugh.

Dyers got that spark to captain a team to victory. Thats what i think.

What spark? He creates very very little. He runs around a lot, but his end product is weak. We already have someone like that in Parker, so why change the captaincy on a like-for-like basis.

Dyer is clearly no leader on the pitch - none of them are.

Guest shearer_united

Northern Monkey, at this time i think Butt more than deserves to be captain. He's got the experience we need.

Remember us losing to AZ Alkmaar Away ? Who was the only person in our team who really wanted that win ? It was Butt and thats what a captain really wants. Victory to his team.

Northern Monkey, at this time i think Butt more than deserves to be captain. He's got the experience we need.

Remember us losing to AZ Alkmaar Away ? Who was the only person in our team who really wanted that win ? It was Butt and thats what a captain really wants. Victory to his team.

So far we've had 'being here the longest', 'having experience' and the (actually non-existent) 'spark to win us a game' as reasons to give different players the captaincy.

Butt is possibly the best shout, but only because of the paucity of actual leaders. There isn't one proper leader on that pitch, and until we buy one, there never will be.

Guest shearer_united

Northern Monkey,

i think if Taylor was a few years older could have a chance of being captain. I was told that he is loud in the pitch. Something we're lacking.

Northern Monkey,

i think if Taylor was a few years older could have a chance of being captain. I was told that he is loud in the pitch. Something we're lacking.

He USED to be loud on the pitch, but you don't seem to see that now. Not a surprise under ROeder, but a shame to see still.

I used to think exactly that about Taylor, i had high hopes for him as a player and a captain. We need rid of the awful manager soon, though, before he turns Taylor into another Bramble.

Given the uncertainty regarding our best line up (something which is evident when you look at the variance in peoples preferred lineup) I would say the best candidate to be captain is a player who would/should start every game: The only candidate there is Given, for me.

The it wouldn't lead to problems like having to drop the captain for specific games, thus causing headache issues. If none of them have looked like a captain than Shay is the only logical choice for me.

So far we've had 'being here the longest', 'having experience' and the (actually non-existent) 'spark to win us a game' as reasons to give different players the captaincy.

As we're both agree, we have no natural leader on the pitch, so how do you think the captaincy should have been decided? And do you not think the captain needs to be someone who is virtually gauranteed a starting place?

As we're both agree, we have no natural leader on the pitch, so how do you think the captaincy should have been decided? And do you not think the captain needs to be someone who is virtually gauranteed a starting place?

I don't think it matters who the captain is tbh, none of them are capable of doing the job, so it might as well be given out randomly.