Journal reckons nearly everyone is leaving

Guest smoggeordie

Lad on another site who has in the past been absolutely spot on with his info is saying Roeder will go in the summer and Big Sam will be the man. Shepherd apparently had harsh words with Roeder post City match and is aware he has 'lost' the dressing room.

Whatever, who'd be a skunker eh?

Not sure whether to laugh or cry about this. I do get the impression that even if Roeder hasn't actually lost the entire dressing room, there's been a rift between him and a few of the players. Attempting to bring them into line by threatening to ship them out won't work at all. He'll only further lose their respect.

The possibility that, on top of that, there's a rift between Chairman and Manager, can't be a surprise. Shepherd has fallen out with the last two managers, and is always very quick to find a scapegoat.

As for Big Sam coming, that presupposes that we're still in the Premiership. If the Chairman, Manager and Playing squad are at odds with one another, we'll have great difficulty picking up points. I was interested to read that Given today was talking about the need for 'unity' - which strongly suggested that disunity was a problem at the moment.

It usually takes a while for a manager to build a new squad – look at the few seasons it took SBR to remove the shite and reduce the wage bill while slowly adding his own pieces of the puzzle, with a few mistakes along the way – and that's partly because of money but also because you need to see how it all fits together. You can buy six new players who've never met each other and throw them all into the first team and it might well not work however good they are.

It's a bit like commercial airliner design. You have to be conservative, because if you get it wrong the thing falls out of the sky. So you don't come up with a radical new airliner that's completely different to anything that's gone before. You build on previous designs.

It usually takes a while for a manager to build a new squad look at the few seasons it took SBR to remove the shite and reduce the wage bill while slowly adding his own pieces of the puzzle, with a few mistakes along the way and that's partly because of money but also because you need to see how it all fits together. You can buy six new players who've never met each other and throw them all into the first team and it might well not work however good they are.

It's a bit like commercial airliner design. You have to be conservative, because if you get it wrong the thing falls out of the sky. So you don't come up with a radical new airliner that's completely different to anything that's gone before. You build on previous designs.

Or, of you are Roeder, you try to sellotape on more wings, and don't bother with any engines.

...Or do you accept that we could sell them on the cheap, throw loads of money at trying to replace them, and end up with a similar or worse bunch of players and even bigger debts?

The sensible thing to do, in my view, would be to keep the likes of Dyer, Solano, Parker, Emre, even Duff, and throw our money at the defence. I really think people are overreacting about some of our players. Bring in a top manager and you'd soon be raving about players you thought were average because they'd be played to their strengths, coached in a system which works. I remember when Hughes was 'a good utility player' and Bernard was 'quality'. Those were also the days when we were devastated to finish 5th. We had a good manager then. It's not that hard to finish top 6. Spurs, fair enough they've spent heavily and have quality around the pitch, but take a look at Reading and Bolton and ask yourself, honestly, how many of those players are better than average? You may say Dyer is an average player but he played nearly every game when we finished 3rd. Good managers get the best out of these players. Hughes and Bernard have done nowt since they left. We know the potential of Dyer, Duff, Emre to perform, I'd rather keep them and get a good manager in.

Very well said. I totally agree.

:clap:

...Or do you accept that we could sell them on the cheap, throw loads of money at trying to replace them, and end up with a similar or worse bunch of players and even bigger debts?

The sensible thing to do, in my view, would be to keep the likes of Dyer, Solano, Parker, Emre, even Duff, and throw our money at the defence. I really think people are overreacting about some of our players. Bring in a top manager and you'd soon be raving about players you thought were average because they'd be played to their strengths, coached in a system which works. I remember when Hughes was 'a good utility player' and Bernard was 'quality'. Those were also the days when we were devastated to finish 5th. We had a good manager then. It's not that hard to finish top 6. Spurs, fair enough they've spent heavily and have quality around the pitch, but take a look at Reading and Bolton and ask yourself, honestly, how many of those players are better than average? You may say Dyer is an average player but he played nearly every game when we finished 3rd. Good managers get the best out of these players. Hughes and Bernard have done nowt since they left. We know the potential of Dyer, Duff, Emre to perform, I'd rather keep them and get a good manager in.

Dyer contributes very little, in fairness. More than Duff, and more than Emre on his "disappearing" days. But he's still very fucking average.

Everton being interested in Parker could be an interesting one. If they were, and bearing in mind how much England Internationals get over-valued maybe we could throw in a couple of million as well in an attempt to pick up Arteta - someone who could add a bit of class to the midfield.

Absolutely no chance of that happening.

Everton being interested in Parker could be an interesting one. If they were, and bearing in mind how much England Internationals get over-valued maybe we could throw in a couple of million as well in an attempt to pick up Arteta - someone who could add a bit of class to the midfield.

Alas so.

Big Sam in with Speed assisting would be a good shout.We need someone who understands the club and what requirements we have as fans and Speedo could do that.With all the investment for the ground,i can't see any investors investing on a club with Glenn Roeder at the helm.He'll be gone as soon as the season ends.

Big Sam in with Speed assisting would be a good shout.We need someone who understands the club and what requirements we have as fans and Speedo could do that.With all the investment for the ground,i can't see any investors investing on a club with Glenn Roeder at the helm.He'll be gone as soon as the season ends.

Nah, mate, Invicta's been polishing his ball, and he KNOWS he'll be here until the end of next season. Don't argue with him, or he'll call you a name. :(

Guest Invicta_Toon

That wouldn't be a first mate.

shut it chubby

:lol:

seriously, bank on it. If there was abookie taking bets, i'd put a ton on it. straight up

Guest Invicta_Toon

You'll be sorry. He can be very cutting, with his words. Very cutting.

Monkey's clearly crying inside

Crushed I tells ya. Look, he hasn't made an anti-Roeder post for 4 minutes!

You'll be sorry. He can be very cutting, with his words. Very cutting.

Monkey's clearly crying inside

Crushed I tells ya. Look, he hasn't made an anti-Roeder post for 4 minutes!

Not just on the inside, not now.

PS - Roeder is a lying cunt. :lol:

shut it chubby

:lol:

seriously, bank on it. If there was abookie taking bets, i'd put a ton on it. straight up

I bet William Hill or Ladbrokes would take your bet,and thanks for the compliment Vic-chubby is almost a term of endearment.3 stone lost since New Year and still counting.....can't wait till my waist size is lower than my age and i'm 39 nearly.(years that is). :lol:

Alas so.

Yeah, pity. Nice to think nice things sometimes though.

Dyer contributes very little, in fairness. More than Duff, and more than Emre on his "disappearing" days. But he's still very fucking average.

True. But average defenders would be a massive step forward. If getting them means keeping Dyer, then it's an improvement at least.

True. But average defenders would be a massive step forward. If getting them means keeping Dyer, then it's an improvement at least.

No doubt - average defenders would be a massive, massive improvement on Shambles, Moore, Babayaro, Damage and Carr. But i don't think it needs to be an "either/or" thing. For the money we pay, we should get better than Dyer, and that should be seperate to the need for actual defenders, not instead of.

I'd wager that Roeder will be the first our in the summer, with Sam not coming in.

As would i. And i fear who WILL be coming in.

Shepherd actually managed to get a worse manager than Souness this time. f*** knows what'll happen next time.

Steve Bruce anyone?  :banana:

I really can't see Allardyce having already been lined up.  Sounds like ITK bollocks. 

But having said that, if Roeder loses next week he will probably go anyway.  And we'll all suddenly remember how tedious, annoying and bitterly disappointing the search for a manager actually is. 

I'd wager that Roeder will be the first our in the summer, with Sam not coming in.

As would i. And i fear who WILL be coming in.

Shepherd actually managed to get a worse manager than Souness this time. f*** knows what'll happen next time.

Steve Bruce anyone?  :banana:

I really can't see Allardyce having already been lined up.  Sounds like ITK bollocks. 

But having said that, if Roeder loses next week he will probably go anyway.  And we'll all suddenly remember how tedious, annoying and bitterly disappointing the search for a manager actually is. 

Not as tedious, annoying and bitterly disappointing as having Roeder as manager.

Agree about Big Fat Sam, and the ITK bollocks.