Wes Brown rumour

Guest DazzaNufc1892

we need leader type of CB certainly that's not Brown?... i'd prefer Taylor than Brown

i you can always rely on taylor to stay calm under pressure  mackems.gif

yes... is it funny?

Taylor's a bit of a donkey currently, you cannot be serious.

Brown's a bit of a donkey a lot of times also, you cannot be serious also... Meh...

Fantastic today against Pompey, despite the result. Looked a lot more composed than Big Les alongside him.

was nowhere for either of the goals

He should have perhaps blocked Benjani from getting the initial strike, but howay man, the Big Rat deals with 99% of shots like that from outside of the area, Brown was probably happy to see him literally having a "punt" from there.

As for the Ferdinand goal... crikey, if you're howking him in for blame with that then it's extremely harsh. Les had that situation under control, until the 'keeper made another rick and was caught in no man's land. Brown was outstanding in most areas of his game, unlike the apparently "world class" Heinze who was, yet again, extremely poor at left-back. He's probably a better centre-half and would thrive in a more cultured league, but he was off-form today and hasn't been much better on many other occasions where I've seen him this season.

Fantastic today against Pompey, despite the result. Looked a lot more composed than Big Les alongside him.

He should have perhaps blocked Benjani from getting the initial strike, but howay man, the Big Rat deals with 99% of shots like that from outside of the area, Brown was probably happy to see him literally having a "punt" from there.

As for the Ferdinand goal... crikey, if you're howking him in for blame with that then it's extremely harsh. Les had that situation under control, until the 'keeper made another rick and was caught in no man's land. Brown was outstanding in most areas of his game, unlike the apparently "world class" Heinze who was, yet again, extremely poor at left-back. He's probably a better centre-half and would thrive in a more cultured league, but he was off-form today and hasn't been much better on many other occasions where I've seen him this season.

A desperate man trying too hard to make a player look bad after such a stupid claim!

As you said the first goal should have been dealt with by the keeper and Brown thought what everyone else probably did "Will have that all day" and to blame him for the second is as desperate as you will get :lol:  I suppose Brown could have anticipated VDS moving out of the way and run behind him :D

A desperate man trying too hard to make a player look bad after such a stupid claim!

As you said the first goal should have been dealt with by the keeper and Brown thought what everyone else probably did "Will have that all day" and to blame him for the second is as desperate as you will get :lol:  I suppose Brown could have anticipated VDS moving out of the way and run behind him :D

I hadn't seen the posts where Nobby had been calling him as bad as Bramble until now... otherwise I wouldn't have even bothered commenting back to him.

Guest Knightrider

Brown is probably Man Utd's best defender, very assured, calm head, reads play well and never seems to have a bad game, but his fitness problems let him down, and his versatility doesn't help either as he's never quite been allowed to make a position his own.

Guest Stephen927

His injury record would make me question signing him, but he's better than the defenders currently on our books.