Wes Brown rumour

Guest DazzaNufc1892

speed and butt thing as somebody earlier asked was that butt deal was actually off, because speed didnt want to leave and bobby didnt want him to either, he was happy at this, then speed was sold and butt was pissed off because he had heard it was in bad circumstances (e.g. wasnt bobs decision) so was even more pissed really, but was told by united he was never going to play, so just decided to move on.

:knuppel2:

Roeder has also been quoted in the press saying he wants to buy players under 25, brown is 27 so that could blow that one out of the water

Roeder also said that he was going to reduce the squads average age before signing Sibierski, take no notice of him, I think he must use a random comment generator.

Think Brown is a quality centre half, his injury record does worry me though. Also, if he signs I hope its on the basis of him being a centre half and not a jack of all trades defender that is considered as cover for Carr.

Roeder's argument that he won't take risks on signing players (See Woodgate and Campbell) is blown out of the water with this though. If it happens, of course.

Brown and Davies would be a great pairing, although I wouldnt discount Anton Ferdinand, I think Davies is number one target, we could see a whole host of other names after that.

After losing Moore, Bramble and Gooch this summer our eldest and most experienced Central defender will be Ramage.

This under 25's policy is great but we need someone for them to look up to and an experienced leader.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Roeder has also been quoted in the press saying he wants to buy players under 25, brown is 27 so that could blow that one out of the water

as I said when it first broke, he also said he don't want no fading stars on their way down

Brown's starting today against Portsmouth. I'll keep an eye out for his performance.

Heinze is world class, I don't see us having any chance of bringing him here. If we did it'd be a miracle and a hell of a signing.

Guest Knightrider

Excellent defender, underrated in many ways, but prone to one too many injuries for my money so we should stay well clear.