For those who know this stuff...... (Toto (not the dog))

Guest smoggeordie

so if - hypothetically... pompey have applied. We'd have to catch pompey. NO CHANCE IN HELL. :-|

We're six points behind Portsmouth and play them just under a week from now.  We may not catch them, but its hardly impossible.

Sorry did he say "there could be no chance in hell"? :lol:

In a week we could be 12 points behind, or we could be 3, or even 0 behind.  Point being there's hardly "no chance in hell"..  Its a matter of two games, one of which involves Newcastle vs Portsmouth.

Guest smoggeordie

In a week we could be 12 points behind, or we could be 3, or even 0 behind.  Point being there's hardly "no chance in hell"..  Its a matter of two games, one of which involves Newcastle vs Portsmouth.

No. One is Portsmouth vs Newcastle. Hell of a difference.

As I said catching them is a matter of two games (6 points) one of which involves Newcastle vs Portsmouth....

Guest smoggeordie

As I said catching them is a matter of two games (6 points) one of which involves Newcastle vs Portsmouth....

And as I said, one of the matches is Portsmouth Vs Newcastle, which is NOT Newcastle vs Portsmouth.

you do realise i was being sarcastic? as the person prior to my post said we've got no chance.

you do realise i was being sarcastic? as the person prior to my post said we've got no chance.

I didn't realise that no, in that case I agree with you :)

Guest smoggeordie

.com

With six games remaining this season, the possibility of qualification for a third successive Intertoto Cup campaign remains for United - albeit reduced.

Of the sides above us, Bolton and Everton currently sit in the UEFA Cup spots but have confirmed that they would take an Intertoto spot.

Spurs are similarly interested, with Portsmouth not publicly committing themselves as yet and Reading having declared that they won't be seeking a place.

Of those sides below us, there's been no word either way from Manchester City but both Blackburn and the Smoggies retain faint hopes of an Intertoto berth.

The highest-placed club that finishes in the top four places of the league below the automatic UEFA Cup spots and wishes to enter the Intertoto Cup will be England's representatives.

However, there's no mechanism to invite Newcastle into next season's tournament to defend the "title" that they won this season.