BUtt was pretty much to blame against pompey

Guest nufc 4 life

Guest nufc 4 life

Butt was consistently giving the ball away and handed them a goal. Looked lacklustre all game and played like s***. Martins played well today as did solano and that's about all i have to say about our performance. Andy Carrol looked promising, a physical presence we sorely need. Get rid of Butt, get rid of Babayaro, get rid of carr, get rid of moore and start motivating the f****** team. Luque came on and didn't do too badly suprisingly enough.

EDIT- taylor also played well today and was very strong in the air

Butt was consistently giving the ball away and handed them a goal. Looked lacklustre all game and played like s***. Martins played well today as did solano and that's about all i have to say about our performance. Andy Carrol looked promising, a physical presence we sorely need. Get rid of Butt, get rid of Babayaro, get rid of carr, get rid of moore and start motivating the f****** team. Luque came on and didn't do too badly suprisingly enough.

I havent watched the game but alot of people said that Taylor was at fault for the 1st goal

Guest nufc 4 life

I havent watched the game but alot of people said that Taylor was at fault for the 1st goal

no that was butts fault tbh he gave pompey the ball and this led them to attack taylor nicked the ball, but benjani got it back quite luckily, there was f*** all taylor could do for the 2nd goal optimistic nut so don't talk out of your arse please

glad to see Geordie Messiah following up on his previous psot.

I'm tired...and Nut's doing a perfectly adequate job for me in any case.

Just seen it on MOTD. Taylor had plenty of time to close him down but backed off letting him shoot. So stop talking out of your own arse please.

Butt gave it away twice in very quick succession leading to the ball being played in to Benjani - who Taylor then decided to try and tackle rather than give it the heave-ho.

Both culpable but both just as bad as the rest to be fair.

Guest nufc 4 life

Butt gave it away twice in very quick succession leading to the ball being played in to Benjani - who Taylor then decided to try and tackle rather than give it the heave-ho.

Both culpable but both just as bad as the rest to be fair.

a well thought out and decent post, which i agree with.

Guest nufc 4 life

But still decided to single out Butt

yes because he was partially more to blame if he hadn't given away the ball so carelessly we wouldn't of been in that situation

Guest FlapjackJoe

Butt had a bad game.

Taylor had a shocker.

All our players were absolutely woeful in the first half.

Luque did nothing at all when he came on.

Butt is still close to our player of the season, so I think it's a tad harsh to get rid of him for one poor performance where everyone was poor.

Guest nufc_geordie

Knee-jerk saying Butt should be thrown out!

He has consistently been our best player this season, and the only person anywhere near him for player of the season is Milner.

Like has already been said, crawl back into your box and come back when you learn to make sensible comments!

Guest Stephen927

Looked sloppy at times. No way he should be shown the door though when he's been a revelation this season.

no that was butts fault tbh he gave pompey the ball and this led them to attack taylor nicked the ball, but benjani got it back quite luckily, there was f*** all taylor could do for the 2nd goal optimistic nut so don't talk out of your arse please

just ecasue Butt give the ball away in the middle of the park, means he's at fault for the goal? There were opportunities to get rid or prevent the goal and good old Stevie Taylor showed his class by being destroyed by a bloke who hasnt scored in about 16 years. Aye, blame it all on one of our best performers this season!