Do you feel worse....

Guest TheOrder
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The football, s*** as it is, is better than under Souness. That's all that needs to be said. Some people either have very short memories or they're just plain thick.

Is it better? I haven't seen any improvements. If anything, we're even more negative imo.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

The football, s*** as it is, is better than under Souness. That's all that needs to be said. Some people either have very short memories or they're just plain thick.

Is it better? I haven't seen any improvements. If anything, we're even more negative imo.

Aye, well you're opinion is plain wrong! :lol: I don't think history will ever see so much money wasted so quickly on so much shite as Souness did with his funds; shite and crocks and bungs. The football is better bear in mind Roeder has never had Owen at his disposal either he dragged the team to a nice run under Souness even though we were playing shit.

Under Souness, there was always the hope that when he went, things would be alright again. He's now gone, and we've gradually got worse, and I'm not convinced we'll get much better any quicker.

I agree with this, I think things were worse under Souness but always felt that the next manager would be the right one and would turn the club around, I was wrong.

Under Roeder, or did you feel worse under Souness?

Personally, yes, I feel worse now. At least when we were doing poorly under Souness we looked like we cared (the supporters). Most of the lads I speak to now, are very apathetic about the club.

Even though we are in a slightly better position (leauge wise) now, I'm ashamed of the s*** Roeder is coming out with. Blaming the supporters etc. At least Souness had a f****** backbone.

i'll assume you weren't at the wigan league cup away game mate otherwise you wouldn't be asking such a stupid question.  souness undoubtedly the worst decision made by this club in the last 20 years.

he singlehandedly managed to set this club back ten years in the time he was here.  destroyed the club from top to bottom with his school yard bully boy management skills

Guest TheOrder

Personally, yes, I feel worse now. At least when we were doing poorly under Souness we looked like we cared (the supporters). Most of the lads I speak to now, are very apathetic about the club.

Even though we are in a slightly better position (leauge wise) now, I'm ashamed of the s*** Roeder is coming out with. Blaming the supporters etc. At least Souness had a f****** backbone.

i'll assume you weren't at the wigan league cup away game mate otherwise you wouldn't be asking such a stupid question.  souness undoubtedly the worst decision made by this club in the last 20 years.

he singlehandedly managed to set this club back ten years in the time he was here.  destroyed the club from top to bottom with his school yard bully boy management skills

Stupid question? Yeah, thats why theres such an even debate? Been to enough Roeder away days to know he's no better than Souness.

no i don't feel worse,this season reminds me of robsons first full season,though robson didn't have all the injuries to contend with.

i think.....where would we be had owen played 20 games ?

i think.....we will get defenders inthe summer.

Stupid question? Yeah, thats why theres such an even debate? Been to enough Roeder away days to know he's no better than Souness.

did you go to that wigan game though? worst i've ever felt at full time anywhere.  i'll take what you say on board, but i honestly think we were heading for relegation when souness was here, but i've not thought that once this year. hence I THINK its a stupid question.  thats my contribution to the "even debate"

no i don't feel worse,this season reminds me of robsons first full season,though robson didn't have all the injuries to contend with.

this.  and thats what roeder should be judged on, who he brings in this summer

I thought Robson had loads of injuries, I thought Duncan Ferguson was lying next to Marcelino for most of the first season Robson was at the club.  I seem to remember quite a few without going looking for names.

I thought Robson had loads of injuries, I thought Duncan Ferguson was lying next to Marcelino for most of the first season Robson was at the club.  I seem to remember quite a few without going looking for names.

Dabizas missed around 6 months, Cort about 7 months, Shearer around 3 months, Dyer around the same off the top of my head.

Another little observation. How many of the players do you see come out to the press saying they're totally behind the manager? With Souness, you'd often get the likes of Given, Taylor, Owen, Luque, Shearer, Parker, Boumsong & Emre saying the players were behind their manager, I've seen nowt like that under Roeder.

Dabizas missed around 6 months, Cort about 7 months, Shearer around 3 months, Dyer around the same off the top of my head.

we never went into games with 6 or 7 first teamers out week after week.

had owen only been out 3 months where do you think we'd be.

i see the situations as being similar

Another little observation. How many of the players do you see come out to the press saying they're totally behind the manager? With Souness, you'd often get the likes of Given, Taylor, Owen, Luque, Shearer, Parker, Boumsong & Emre saying the players were behind their manager, I've seen nowt like that under Roeder.

i don't think the anti-roeder stuff is anywhere near as bad as souness had it when the backing the manager stuff started with souness.  and to be fair, souness did sign most of those players.  if it gets that bad the players will be out backing roeder

You could say the same about Owen under Souness though and where we'd have been had he only missed 3 months.

You could say the same about Owen under Souness though and where we'd have been had he only missed 3 months.

i do actually wonder  "what if" with souness and all the injuries we had.

What if's are a waste of time.

What if Freddy Shepherd had of kept his mouth shut about Bobby leaving?  What if Dyer hadn't refused to play against Boro?  What if the linesman and referee had seen the blatant handball against Boro?  What if the ref has stopped the game away to Villa when we had two players down when they went on to score?

Edit, What if we didn't have so many players out with an eye infection against Boro?

What if's are a waste of time.

What if Freddy Shepherd had of kept his mouth shut about Bobby leaving?  What if Dyer hadn't refused to play against Boro?  What if the linesman and referee had seen the blatant handball against Boro?  What if the ref has stopped the game away to Villa when we had two players down when they went on to score?

good points and not a waste of time

good points and not a waste of time

The points are not a waste of time but wondering about them are, at least they are to me.  What if I won the lottery?  Now I wouldn't mind finding out, especially the big Euro rollovers. :cheesy:

What if Freddy Shepherd had of kept his mouth shut about Bobby leaving?

We already knew he was leaving after that season?!

The first I remember hearing about it was just before the season started, a couple of months before he got the sack.