Newcastle's best current squad!!!

Guest Jonny4Toon

Dyer didnt play bad against Chelsea.

No he was terrible!

wipe your face cos your talking s***!

Perhaps you'd like to expand on why you think Dyer was anything other than terrible on Sunday? Read the match thread (or the Dyer transfer thread), you'll find you're in a very small minority...

Yes, he was through on goal once, apart from that he contributed absolutely nothing. The only reason he played the full 90 minutes was because Roeder has made his mind up about N'Zogbia

Given

Solano Bramble Taylor Babayaro

Milner Parker Emre Duff

Martins Owen

On current form that is, normally I'd have Dyer over Milner, but Dyer has been piss poor last few games

Plus Milner has been our best player this season  :tongue:

Dyer didnt play bad against Chelsea.

No he was terrible!

wipe your face cos your talking s***!

Perhaps you'd like to expand on why you think Dyer was anything other than terrible on Sunday? Read the match thread (or the Dyer transfer thread), you'll find you're in a very small minority...

Yes, he was through on goal once, apart from that he contributed absolutely nothing. The only reason he played the full 90 minutes was because Roeder has made his mind up about N'Zogbia

Fair enough I may be in the minority but my opinion is that he didnt play bad, im not sayin he played brilliant but to say he was terrible, a waste of space etc I think is just people jumping on the bandwagon and overly criticizing a player because it is that players turn to be slagged off. Thats how it seems to be on here. He hasnt been on form of late but he wasnt terrible against Chelsea, he worked hard and got himself into a few good positions, although I concede he did give the ball away a few times.

Re: Nzogbia, i personally think he has been pretty shit for us this season so I dont think he deserved to be in the team against Chelsea, he seems to be non existent at the moment when he plays, at least Dyer gets involved.

Guest Jonny4Toon

I don't know how people can defend Dyer! For the natural ability he has undoubtably got, he does not use any of it to benefit newcastle!!! He has 1 great good out of 10 matches! - the rest of the time he's just bullshit

Fair enough I may be in the minority but my opinion is that he didnt play bad, im not sayin he played brilliant but to say he was terrible, a waste of space etc I think is just people jumping on the bandwagon and overly criticizing a player because it is that players turn to be slagged off. Thats how it seems to be on here. He hasnt been on form of late but he wasnt terrible against Chelsea, he worked hard and got himself into a few good positions, although I concede he did give the ball away a few times.

Re: Nzogbia, i personally think he has been pretty shit for us this season so I dont think he deserved to be in the team against Chelsea, he seems to be non existent at the moment when he plays, at least Dyer gets involved.

Well, we'll have to agree to disagree, because I thought he was indeed terrible and a waste of space, and I don't care about bandwagons - I call it how I see it. He was woeful, and needed to be substituted. (Then again, so did Sibierski, at least ten minutes before injury forced Roeder's hand)

Which leads me to my point re N'Zogbia - yes, he certainly has been underwhelming this season, but when Dyer was as poor as he was on Sunday yet Roeder still thought "Hmmm, I could put N'Zogbia on for Dyer, but no..." - it tells me more about how Roeder views N'Zogbia than how well Dyer played. Maybe you think Roeder made the right call, but I certainly don't

Re: Nzogbia, i personally think he has been pretty s*** for us this season so I dont think he deserved to be in the team against Chelsea, he seems to be non existent at the moment when he plays, at least Dyer gets involved.

Well, we'll have to agree to disagree, because I thought he was indeed terrible and a waste of space, and I don't care about bandwagons - I call it how I see it. He was woeful, and needed to be substituted. (Then again, so did Sibierski, at least ten minutes before injury forced Roeder's hand)

Which leads me to my point re N'Zogbia - yes, he certainly has been underwhelming this season, but when Dyer was as poor as he was on Sunday yet Roeder still thought "Hmmm, I could put N'Zogbia on for Dyer, but no..." - it tells me more about how Roeder views N'Zogbia than how well Dyer played. Maybe you think Roeder made the right call, but I certainly don't

Im happy to agree to disagree! :thup:

However I dont particualarly think N'Zogbia should have come on, as said before the times I have seen him recently he has pretty much been a passenger, and you can't afford to risk putting someone on that may potentially be a liability. This obviously stems from my opinion that Dyer didnt play that bad, and at least worked hard because I'm sure you will think that Dyer was a liability. I think Roeder was actually too afraid to change anything and that his hand was forced to change Sibierski because he was on the floor every 5 minutes with a different knock.