Its Roeder

lovejoy

And I cannot believe the LMA's Geordie bosses John Banwell and Frank Clark are so negative in their views towards Roeder, who just happens to be one of their paid-up members.

Whatever happens, Roeder will be in charge at St James' Park, no matter what title he carries.

He will have Alan Shearer back at his side after the legendary striker takes a season off to do some TV commentating and some ambassadorial work with Umbro, as well as spending more time with his family.

In the meantime, Roeder will have to decide who he also wants alongside him, with people in the game saying in Tommy Craig United have one of the best coaches in football. Roeder himself is a coach, but if he wants a bit of help from Craig this would open the door for Lee Clark to take over the United Reserve team.

Roeder's main aim is to try and get United into Europe in the last two games at Birmingham City and at home to Chelsea a week on Sunday, but in between all this he has also been trying to look at next season.

He advised the board to monitor Ruud van Nistelrooy's situation at Manchester United, and twice despatched his chief scout, David Mills, to travel to Holland in recent weeks to run the rule over Feyenoord's goalscoring striker Dirk Kuyt.

And he is finding time to talk to the fans - free of charge. Tomorrow's talk-in at Montgomery's, in Stanley, for the local Royal FC is already a sell-out, and a week tomorrow Roeder will be at Wallsend Labour Club doing his bit for the renowned Wallsend Boys' Club.

There is a feel-good factor at St James' Park these days - something which was typified when Shearer hobbled into the Players' Lounge on crutches before the game with West Brom.

For Shepherd quipped: "Hey this is the Players' Lounge, not the ex-Players' Lounge" - and Shearer nearly fell off his crutches laughing.

I'd much rather have a keen, passionate Glenn Roeder in charge, than an uninterested Martin O'Neill. I rate MON highly but if he doesn't want it he can **** off.

I'd much, much rather have Roeder than the likes of Allardyce, McClaren, Bruce etc.

That's more or less how I see it!

We never really thought freddy was capable of bringing in Hiddink or Hitzfeld, did we???

Guest Gemmill

In terms of qualifications, in Alan Oliver's eyes, Lee Clark only needs his Pro Geordie badge to take over the reserves by the look of it. :lol:

Guest Gemmill

I'd much rather have a keen, passionate Glenn Roeder in charge, than an uninterested Martin O'Neill. I rate MON highly but if he doesn't want it he can **** off.

I'd much, much rather have Roeder than the likes of Allardyce, McClaren, Bruce etc.

That's more or less how I see it!

We never really thought freddy was capable of bringing in Hiddink or Hitzfeld, did we???

According to HTT, Hitzfeld came over for talks.  But then peasepud told a lie and spoiled it for everyone.  bluebigrazz.gif

• 1 year later...

I'm bored so went looking at some old threads, have a look at some of the comments in here, I guess a few people will go a shade of red when going through some of the posts.

Roeder has done little wrong so their is a strong argument to not try and fix something that is no longer broke.

The major worry must be the fact that YET AGAIN Freddie Shepherd has failed to attract a manager that would be classed as top class - ie. Hitzfeld, O'Neill .......

I can see us in 12 months being in the same situation.

Tbh....

Guest sicko2ndbest

I'm bored so went looking at some old threads, have a look at some of the comments in here, I guess a few people will go a shade of red when going through some of the posts.

I think hes talking to you Gemmil  ;D